E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > screwing with a scammer

04-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
06-325
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 SG

screwing with a scammer

it's unbelievable how stupid some scammers can be! I knew from the start that it was a scam but since I was a little bored I screwed with this scammer for a little bit but got annoyed quickly.
Read from bottom up.

TNT website mentions nothing about the services you're talking about. You will be reported to authorities for spam and possibly scam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: me
Subject: RE: $875 / 1br - APARTMENT FROM OWNER (San Francisco, CA 94109)

You will check the apt when you receive the keys in the present of the TNT agent.And if the keys don't fit he will give you the money back.Very easy and simple.

I wrote:
How will they check that you are the owner and the key fits the door to the apt that you won't tell?
You have serious flaws in your logic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not about the check i need your full shipping info where to send the keys and contract and all the info about the apt including the lease agreement to sign it and you will have to deposit the rent for a quaple of months ( how much can you send to TNT ? ) and they will confirm you that i am the owner and all the details.

I wrote:
What's the apt number at 1333 Gough? I think I'm going to make a visit tonight before I send you the check.

I understant but i don't want for you to pay that much.Please read the following steps:
1 - To start this transaction i will need to know your full shipping information, full name, full shipping address to proceed with this deal .
2 - I go to the TNT Office and leave the Keys and the contract in your name as the intended receiver.
3 - TNT will check the envelope to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
4 - TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody, in which you will be told that they have the Keys and that they checked it.
5 - At this point you will have to go to a Money Gram Agent Location and make a money deposit on the TNT payment agent name for the amount we agreed, the total amount you shall deposit is for the first month of rent .
6 - After you make the deposit you will have to send the info about the money deposit to TNT (Reference Number, sender's name and address)
7 - TNT will verify the payment information's and if everything is in order they will deliver the Keys and the contract to you .
8 - After you receive the package, You will go and check the apt and in 2 days you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not, if all is in order you will instruct TNT to send me the information's about the money deposit and I will be able to receive the funds. If you don `t like the apt they will send your money back to you and you will send them the keys and the contract to them.I will pay TNT Service for the shipping and you will pay Money Gram for the Money Transfer fee.Let me know if we can do this and email me all your full shipping information so we can proceed with this deal.

I wrote:
I have a better idea. In order to lock in to a low rent you offered I can pay upfront for 5 years if that's acceptable with you.
What assurance can you provide that you are the legal owner of the apartment and I am legally entering the lease for the amount agreed upon?

Are you willing to send the rent for all year upfront?I was thinking in sending the keys via TNT and you will have to send them the rent for 3 months so they can start the delivery of your keys.let me know what do you think

I wrote:
not sure what you mean. are you trying to get me to send you funds I order to get the keys?
I'm willing to send you $10,000 but not a cent more.
let me know,

To: Me

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be $875 US, with no extra taxes to pay. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it. Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar to FedEx, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys.
I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys it and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment. Please click on the link bellow to the TNT website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the
company where the procedure is explained: http://www.tnt.com/country/en_generi...ecritical.html
Let me know if you are interested

I wrote:
Hi,
Let me know when I can see the apt.
Thanks,

To: Me
Subject: Re: $875 / 1br - APARTMENT FROM OWNER (San Francisco, CA 94109)

Hello,
Thank you for your interest. I have available the apartment located at 1333 Gough Street
San Francisco, CA 94109, with 1 bedroom, 1 living room and 1 bathroom, square ft. 948. Because I moved with my job in United Kingdom, London, i need money to pay the rent here which is very expensive and that is the reason i want to rent the apt at this low price and to find a good person for it. I can rent you the apt for maximum 5 years this is the period i have contract here but i can rent it for a low period too. I`m the owner of the apt and it's exactly like in the PICS. The rent for 1 month is $875.00 including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, fireplace, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.Thank you for your interest and wait news from you.

I wrote:
Hi,
Please let me know if this apt is still available. I'm very interested.
Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
?? so thats the end?
      04-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

This exact scammer tried to get my girlfriend when she was looking for an apartment in downtown SD
      04-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
$875 is cheap? lol.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
$875 is cheap? lol.
in california yes it is
      04-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #6
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

Quote:
$875 is cheap? lol.

In SF, and especially around that area....very cheap!
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
No wonder I don't see any of these. Here the legit apartments go for as little as $300 a month for a 1 bedroom.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #8
E92_335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

rofl owned
      04-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
uabimmer
Україна
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: JB e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 330i  [0.00]
haha

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #10
JCLBoston
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
No wonder I don't see any of these. Here the legit apartments go for as little as $300 a month for a 1 bedroom.
$300?!?!? The homeless around here pay about $300/month for the 6x6 square of sidewalk..
      04-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Are these sidewalks hewn from granite with flakes of gold?^
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 01:04 AM   #12
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

875 for one month rent in SF is next to impossible to find
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #13
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicwoot.com View Post
875 for one month rent in SF is next to impossible to find
Unless you're a smoking hot chick that just wants to rent a room from some guy (or gal).

Gary
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 01:24 AM   #14
me92
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDouglas View Post
How is that scammer stupid?

he's just trying to make a living. you're the stupid one for wasting your time writing him, when you didn't even punk him. I would have at least called him a bee-yotch.

I think you've just enraged some bimmer drivers with this post.
i found this McDouglas guy! he's spamming on every forum!!!

but i managed to find his real pic from his facebook and friendster and myspace and xanga and flickr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you guys want me to share????????????????????

. i guess i will share with you guys!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!.. That's HIM!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #15
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

hey, nice pic
Appreciate 0