E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lexus RC-F unveiled.

01-08-2014, 11:35 PM   #45
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Eh, the front looks like someone took a hammer to the sides and it's all squished. Rear end I can handle, but that front end is horrendous. The M4 looks so much better it's not even funny (IMO).

I can't stop looking at your sig, that is so nice. I've been eyeing a red BRZ the past couple of weeks.
I can respect that. It looks like they're taking two different approaches at this point... same class of car, just a different form of expression.

M will probably continue doing what they've always done. Take an already classically proportioned template, dress it up a bit so those "in the know" will get it, but don't overdo it. It's sort of expected as to what we're going to see these days. Which is fine, but I'm a bit tired of the recipe. (For the record, I would still sell a kidney for an M4)

I just like the level of detail in the RC-F. It's rare that I get so emotionally caught up in a car's design. I like to break it down and analyze it from chin to tail, so this has given me a lot to work with.

The FRS in my sig is my ideal GT86 if I was going to get one. Was dead set on basically replicating the guy below's build, but I think I'm going to be getting a 2015 Stang if the drive turns out to be promising. Decisions, decisions...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 03:44 AM   #46
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:03 AM   #47
ep_83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Lexus' huge aggressive front end works really well on their high performance cars. It looks good on the RC-F and that LC-LF is gorgeous

I saw a red F-Sport upclose yesterday.. I have to say, their new design wins me over the more I see it in person.

I can't wait for the unveiling of the ATS-V this month at the detroit auto show.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #48
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
I can respect that. It looks like they're taking two different approaches at this point... same class of car, just a different form of expression.

M will probably continue doing what they've always done. Take an already classically proportioned template, dress it up a bit so those "in the know" will get it, but don't overdo it. It's sort of expected as to what we're going to see these days. Which is fine, but I'm a bit tired of the recipe. (For the record, I would still sell a kidney for an M4)

I just like the level of detail in the RC-F. It's rare that I get so emotionally caught up in a car's design. I like to break it down and analyze it from chin to tail, so this has given me a lot to work with.

The FRS in my sig is my ideal GT86 if I was going to get one. Was dead set on basically replicating the guy below's build, but I think I'm going to be getting a 2015 Stang if the drive turns out to be promising. Decisions, decisions...
Ok after seeing the video, it definitely looks better than static pictures. But I still stand by the fact that I think the fenders look squished, and the headlights are just disproportionally small. Oh and no MT is also a deal breaker for me anyway haha.

Yea I'm keeping a close eye on the BRZ. Too many rumors about the power bump during LCI so I'm definitely not in any hurry to get one. They are enticing to me because neither of my 2 cars average more than 20mpg haha. I've really warmed up to the Mustang (although I'm still not 100% sure about the rear bumper), but it doesn't make sense for me to have 2 big V8 coupes. So I'm looking to go completely opposite end of the spectrum... or dream about a Porsche haha
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #49
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post

Well said. M4 is a winner but the RC-F can't be ignored. Sure, there are design elements that I probably would have done differently but the side profile and stance is amazing. There are also quite a lot of nice features that you will notice if you pay attention. For a first attempt at a coupe in this segment Lexus has done a good job.

Someone also made a comment earlier that things have changed and M isn't necessarily the clear winner anymore. I tend to agree with that. I think now the M/AMG/RS/F rivals are all offering serious packages; in the end it comes down to personal preference.
      01-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #50
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Thats bloody hideous!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #51
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

I love the interior. It's way better than the M4's.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #52
ERM-M3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, MB E350

Love this car..Atleast they had some balls when designing it
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #53
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

So any truth to the 3,900+ lbs rumors?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #54
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
So any truth to the 3,900+ lbs rumors?
No one knows. No one knows the final MSRP, no one knows the weight, the 0-60, etc. Any rumors right now are just hear-say and imagination.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #55
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

m3/4 is going to have some serious competition this time around.

we still haven't seen what amg and caddy have up their sleeves yet.

this generation is going to be fun.
      01-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #56
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
m3/4 is going to have some serious competition this time around.

we still haven't seen what amg and caddy have up their sleeves yet.

this generation is going to be fun.
Yes. The AMG gets a 4.0l V8 Biturbo making close to 500 PS. ATS-V should get a 3.6l V6 Turbo, and Audi RS5 (should come no later than 2 years after new A5) would get 3.0l V6 Turbo like in the Panamera, but make more power and be much lighter, it would be around 100 kg more than M4, but with AWD. Too bad There is no Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA. Comes late because design started from scratch, new style, new (RWD) platform.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #57
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

I don't think it's all that bad looking, however:

Wish the silver trim around the grill was a diff color

Wish the C pillar didnt slope as far to the trunk. Makes it almost look like a hatchback.
      01-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #58
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
"Lexus is putting some really nice stuff out these days"
"Polarizing design"
"Love it"

Are u all looking at the same mish-mosh of lines & disgusting grill to go with a dated/crap interior? Lexus design team should be led out back and shot.
Opinions/assholes bla bla bla.

Ugly is ugly

+1 the entire Lexota portfolio is trash. This car lacks any sense of design cohesion and just seems to be another iteration of "Techno" kitsch exclusive to the Japanese.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #59
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

I think new Lexus RC-F looks great, very futuristic and future oriented car. In 2 years or so 4-series/M4 will look dated, actually they already look dated. Lexus RC-F looks like it's 2 generation ahead of BMW in terms of interior and exterior design. Much more modern looking car. And with nice LFA-style front bodykit it will look so much more exotic...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #60
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

I'm not a fan of the RC-F or the M4 to be honest. The Lexus does have a pretty amazing interior though and I bet the performance will be top of the class. Exterior design will likely grow on me but I agree with others that it is simply too polarizing and garish in a segment where subtlety and class are becoming sadly forgotten these days...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 11:57 PM   #61
Boost4me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E63S AMG

I'm in love with those seats & gauges. Props to Lexus for sticking with a V8
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 01:21 AM   #62
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

The V8 excites me and the interior is great too! Things
I am worried about:
Slow/outdated 8 speed auto (I doubt it is a DCT)
Side profile is busy, especially the hood bump
C pillar almost huge as current Camaro

I always thought Lexus' were pretty bland, or cookie cutter cars. Well, someone just had an awakening, and I like it.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 03:12 AM   #63
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

lexus rcf issues. c pillar of doom, front looks horrid, rear looks so jumbled....... move along.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #64
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Maybe it's time some of you got glasses. The interior looks good??
Maybe circa 1993.
Dated, and looks like it belongs in a car HALF it's price - and that's speculating this car being the sport-bargain of the century
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #65
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Maybe circa 1993.
Dated, and looks like it belongs in a car HALF it's price - and that's speculating this car being the sport-bargain of the century
Says the troll driving a BMW with literally the worst interior they've made in the past decade (good thing it drives like a dream). You obviously haven't had a seat in a late-gen IS. You'd realize that the materials are at least as good as the stuff they're putting in the F30 and F80.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #66
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End
Quote:
Maybe circa 1993.
Says the troll driving a BMW with literally the worst interior they've made in the past decade (good thing it drives like a dream). You obviously haven't had a seat in a late-gen IS. You'd realize that the materials are at least as good as the stuff they're putting in the F30 and F80.
Aww don't get butt-hurt champ. Just calling it as I see it. For the price they're going to charge for this car... the interior is GARBAGE in my eyes.
And FYI if u think the interior had anything to do with the purchase of my weekend E86... Then you know less about cars than I even gave u credit for. Run along punk
Appreciate 0