E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lexus LFAs delivered to customers

02-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #67
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
I know for a fact, in Canada all 10 were sold in only month to customers. 1 of which is coming to Calgary and I hope to see it on the road somewhere. There is 1 going to Montreal as well. 6 of them are going to customers in Vancouver. LOL
Really? Awesome!

Hopefully it shows up at the Cars & Coffee meets. Do you go? I get updates from one of the Distinctive sales guys regularly and will for sure go if this is slated for an appearance.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #68
whitecord
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 500whp 318ti

a few of the guys i know here in Naples went and looked at it when it was getting delivered. the one that has raced for porsche factory, and has owned a carrera gt said it was nice and the gauges were cool. but did not look like a 370k car.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #69
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Yeah, the silver one just appeared in a 'Cars and coffee' meet in Atlanta on saturday. The owner is a big car buff. I am really hoping the one in Calgary will show up in meets since I would love to see it and get to hear the engine in real life.

Apparently, I know a couple of few people who went to that event and when I asked them for pictures, they said LFA drew such big crowds around it with everyone taking pictures that it was difficult for them to get through to see the car up close. Pictures don't do justice to the car.

The quality, carbon fiber materials, fit and finish is just stunning from what they say.

People asked the owner to rev the V10 a few times, which he did.

The owner of the silver LFA talked with people and answered their questions etc. All the other cars parked around it were as if they don't even exist.

Here is a small video of people standing to take videos of the LFA followed by a few GTRs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Really? Awesome!

Hopefully it shows up at the Cars & Coffee meets. Do you go? I get updates from one of the Distinctive sales guys regularly and will for sure go if this is slated for an appearance.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 02-06-2011 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #70
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I dont get why people have to "not like" and defend a ridiculously low volume car. No one here clearly owns one, is highly unlikely to drive one or even see it around.

It is expensive and relatively slow but the people that have one wouldn't care. It is the most unencumbered and possibly the most passionate car the Japanese have seen in this decade, good enough reason for it to exist.
this...

if you can afford one of these, you certainly dont have to decide if you can only have one supercar which one should i buy.

this is simply a collectors car
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #71
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
this is simply a collectors car
It is certainly not a collectors car, at least not in the traditional sense. It could very well be valuable down the road, and likely will be, but only the future will tell. Lexus actually made people apply for this car and selected their choices based on many criteria and not just who had the cash. The early reports were that Lexus was only putting restrictive leases on all of them in order to stop people from simplying trying to collect them or flip them for a profit. I believe they have made some exceptions to this recently however.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #72
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
It is certainly not a collectors car, at least not in the traditional sense. It could very well be valuable down the road, and likely will be, but only the future will tell. Lexus actually made people apply for this car and selected their choices based on many criteria and not just who had the cash. The early reports were that Lexus was only putting restrictive leases on all of them in order to stop people from simplying trying to collect them or flip them for a profit. I believe they have made some exceptions to this recently however.
you just stated that it's been highly desirable and the demand exceeds the supply. lexus wants this in the hands of serious car guys, i.e. collectors.

Last edited by Digital.James; 02-06-2011 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #73
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Here's a video I took of that 003 LFA revving

I chatted with the owner a bit and he said it was the first one delivered to a customer in the world?
      02-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #74
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Thanks for sharing. I heard the owner is a very cool and humble guy.

All of the videos surfaced around the sametime so he could be right that he is one of the first few people to get his LFA delivered (I believe the #001 red was delivered first in Japan). I noticed he yet does not have the license plates on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
Here's a video I took of that 003 LFA revving

I chatted with the owner a bit and he said it was the first one delivered to a customer in the world?

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 02-06-2011 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #75
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I heard the owner is a very cool and humble guy.

All of the videos surfaced around the sametime so he could be right that he is one of the first few people to get his LFA delivered (I believe the #001 red was delivered first in Japan). I noticed he yet does not have the license plates on.
He was a very cool guy to talk to and he was even wearing a jacket with "LFA 003" on the back. He told me that the first 2 were back in Japan with the Toyoda family
      02-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #76
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
He was a very cool guy to talk to and he was even wearing a jacket with "LFA 003" on the back. He told me that the first 2 were back in Japan with the Toyoda family
I would say he is correct since he sure does know what he is talking about and has a much closer contact with Lexus as he is an actual owner. I have heard Lexus shares a lot of info with the owners.

The owners will be going through an extensive training program with professional race car drivers like Scott Pruett and Justin Bell at Infinion race track where they will be taught to maximize the LFA's driving experience both in a straight line (using launch control) and around a track.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #77
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
When are the two members on clublexus.com who said they are getting LFAs going to take delivery? I would like to read about their impressions.
      02-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #78
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
When are the two members on clublexus.com who said they are getting LFAs going to take delivery? I would like to read about their impressions.
I think I know who you are talking about. As far as I know, one of them is taking delivery in late february (metallic blue LFA) and the other guy is in Canada who is taking delivery in 2012 of his red LFA.

They will get to push LFA to the limits next month in March in the LFA training program with Justin Bell and Scott Pruett at the Infineon race track so something will come floating around on the internet.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 02-06-2011 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #79
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Some more videos being uploaded on youtube:

Still breaking it in so he is only limited to 7200 rpm. After 310 miles, rev limit goes up to 9500 rpm.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 02-06-2011 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #80
new2the3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Lexus LFA is THE CAR, total game changer IMO. The companies first time making a super car and they set the benchmark for what a super car experience is. well done.
      02-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #81
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

the yellow one i was talking about:

02-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #82
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
A very well reputed European journalist and professional precision driver Thomas Bangma on his drive of the LFA:

i just came listen to that sound.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #83
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
the yellow one i was talking about:

yellow looks sick on the LFA.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #84
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Maybe the best car he has ever driven...but would you buy one versus the other options?

Its about the ownership experience too, not just the numbers...esp if you don't plan on tracking the damn thing.
i would buy the LFA over the carrera gt. seriously
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #85
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
yellow looks sick on the LFA.

Lexus was definitely very hungry much like in the LS400 way.

This is what I found out about the owner of the silver LFA from Lexus page. He owns a highly modified GTR and an R8 V10. Most interesting thing was the initial price of aluminum LFA being $200K before they started over again to make a carbon fiber supercar:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I think so. Yes he has owned other exotics and he felt his Audi R8 was his favorite until the LFA. True Car Guy and huge Lexus owner, I believe he said he has owned 13 Lexus vehicles and 8 for his wife. The owner was on point with the LFA, dropping knowledge to everyone. Its one of the few times I felt most everything said was accurate.

The cool thing was he stated this is the first supercar he bought that his wife loves. She is a Lexus gal and knows have to drive a manual and approved the LFA.

Seems when it was delivered Hennessy Lexus presented a cake and there was a mini LFA sculpture on top of it.

He has followed this car from day one and said as soon as he was told about the project he wanted one. The initial price he was told was much lower around 200k before they decided to go full Carbon Fiber. What he said next had me, he said "200k, 375k. whats money amongst friends"

This was his first C&O, Forged Performance told him about it (he has a track GT-R they modify for him they also brought) and he said he will be at more in the future.

It really was amazing to see a Lexus be the show stopper at such a high profile meet. Never in my life would I have thought that.

Pics will be posted soon.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #86
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

A couple more revs, I caught this LFA at an event in SoCal. Like I said before, it's a very nice car. But not a $400k car.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #87
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I think so. Yes he has owned other exotics and he felt his Audi R8 was his favorite until the LFA. True Car Guy and huge Lexus owner, I believe he said he has owned 13 Lexus vehicles and 8 for his wife. The owner was on point with the LFA, dropping knowledge to everyone. Its one of the few times I felt most everything said was accurate.

The cool thing was he stated this is the first supercar he bought that his wife loves. She is a Lexus gal and knows have to drive a manual and approved the LFA.

Seems when it was delivered Hennessy Lexus presented a cake and there was a mini LFA sculpture on top of it.

He has followed this car from day one and said as soon as he was told about the project he wanted one. The initial price he was told was much lower around 200k before they decided to go full Carbon Fiber. What he said next had me, he said "200k, 375k. whats money amongst friends"

This was his first C&O, Forged Performance told him about it (he has a track GT-R they modify for him they also brought) and he said he will be at more in the future.

It really was amazing to see a Lexus be the show stopper at such a high profile meet. Never in my life would I have thought that.

Pics will be posted soon.
I'd take anything this poster on CL (1sick) has to say with a grain of salt seriously.. It would be best to here the LFA experience from the owners themselves. That is why I would like to read the impressions from the two members on clublexus who are awaiting delivery.
      02-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #88
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
I'd take anything this poster on CL (1sick) has to say with a grain of salt seriously.. It would be best to here the LFA experience from the owners themselves. That is why I would like to read the impressions from the two members on clublexus who are awaiting delivery.
Don't go clouding things with your personal issues with him.

In that post he is simply recounting his experience of meeting the gentleman with the LF A at the meet. There isn't anything in that post to "take with a grain of salt.

The guys haven't received their LF A's yet, but I'm sure will post full comments once they have them.

Why can't you look for yourself anyways Dash? Banned again?
Appreciate 0