E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > **Official Sports Lounge Chat or Smack Talk**

10-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #45
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Dude, if I have to watch Penny start in the playoffs, I'm going to puke all over myself.
Prepare the gag reflex..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #46
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Cano
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #47
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

At this point, I'm glad you can only lose one game, no matter how bad you get beat. Scherzer on the road is going to be a bad combination too. Fucking rainout. Game never should have been started.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #48
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
At this point, I'm glad you can only lose one game, no matter how bad you get beat. Scherzer on the road is going to be a bad combination too. Fucking rainout. Game never should have been started.
The ratings greed caused the fiasco on game one.
I was impressed by the kid last night, a great performance reset the Yankees pitching lineup. It's nice seeing a homegrown Yankee also
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #49
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregxi View Post
The ratings greed caused the fiasco on game one.
I was impressed by the kid last night, a great performance reset the Yankees pitching lineup. It's nice seeing a homegrown Yankee also
Yeah I have a feeling you guys are going to be teeing off on Scherzer. He's terrible on the road, especially in hitters' parks. This is why I'm pissed at the way things transpired; we needed him to start at home. How many pitches did JV throw on Friday? 30-ish? You have to wonder if it'd be smarter to start JV today and save Scherzer for home, even if it is against CC.

This is what I was talking about concerning our rotation.... We only have 2.5 good starters, and that ".5" is Scherzer AT HOME. This is going to suck pretty bad.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #50
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Ugh we better not get beat at home by Burnett. That's historically bad territory right there.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #51
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Unfortunately, the fact the season lies on Burnett's shoulders does not leave me very optimistic
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #52
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately, the fact the season lies on Burnett's shoulders does not leave me very optimistic

Bats better wake up.. because this is looking like it is going to be a slugfest!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #53
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
You obviously have not watched Porcello pitch this year. Much like Scherzer, he will either win the game for you, or lose it for you. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground with this guy. That being said, I feel like Burnett will do a decent job while Porcello could either give up 1 run or 10. One thing's for sure, when Porcello starts, our bullpen gets a lot of work, even on his good days.

You guys should be alright as long as your bats don't snooze.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #54
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
You obviously have not watched Porcello pitch this year. Much like Scherzer, he will either win the game for you, or lose it for you. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground with this guy. That being said, I feel like Burnett will do a decent job while Porcello could either give up 1 run or 10. One thing's for sure, when Porcello starts, our bullpen gets a lot of work, even on his good days.

You guys should be alright as long as your bats don't snooze.
I know what you're trying to say about Porcello. But truthfully, against the Yankees, there really isn't an in between. You kind of need a pitcher to be that type of a starter. He needs to have the ability to be lights out. If Jekyl shows up it won't matter anyway because the game will probably be lost.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #55
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I know what you're trying to say about Porcello. But truthfully, against the Yankees, there really isn't an in between. You kind of need a pitcher to be that type of a starter. He needs to have the ability to be lights out. If Jekyl shows up it won't matter anyway because the game will probably be lost.
Yeah Fister is that kind of pitcher, but he's just more frequently lights-out than others.... Obviously our lineup has some issues. Avila and Betemit don't think it's a good idea to do jack shit at the plate, Betemit is trying to field with his glove up his ass, and we've generally failed to produce with runners on, even the big guys.

Fister can shut a team down. Our lineup can be devastating. However, they've chosen not to be so far. The top of the lineup isn't producing and neither is the bottom (except for Inge!!). We're failing at bunting, failing at advancing the runners, failing to even put the ball in play when that's all we have to do in certain situatoins.... The big guys are failing to have a big impact on the game. Leyland thinks Kelly is a better choice than Ordonez. I don't see this team winning tomorrow. Especially since our only reliable middle inning guy is having trouble just getting an out without being shelled (rookie Alburquerque). We're a year away from being competitors IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #56
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Are you kidding me...? Expect the most from this team..!! Their pitching is phenomenal. Would not be surprised to see the Tigers in the ALCS.
Just gonna leave this here...
Appreciate 0