E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Any Art Directors/ Graphic Designers on the forum?

10-17-2007, 03:40 PM   #23
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I design.

www.iphoneblab.com/index.php my most recent design.
      10-17-2007, 04:37 PM   #24
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Hell, I actually went to School for MetalSmithing... How's that.

I'm actually a Gold/Silver smith, or at least that's what I want to do for a living. I ended up in the Graphics Gig cause it's a decent job and it's something I can do anywhere I go.

Metal is my passion but the Graphics work pays my bills.

For the Most part I'm just a photoshop Guru... Create/Oversee ad creation, take some pictures, play with toys... Yippa!
      10-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #25
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Hell, I actually went to School for MetalSmithing... How's that.

I'm actually a Gold/Silver smith, or at least that's what I want to do for a living. I ended up in the Graphics Gig cause it's a decent job and it's something I can do anywhere I go.

Metal is my passion but the Graphics work pays my bills.

For the Most part I'm just a photoshop Guru... Create/Oversee ad creation, take some pictures, play with toys... Yippa!
So what exactly do you do. If you dont mind me asking. Do you work for a small time company or a big one? And so you just take pictures of products I assume? and then make them into ads for magazines?

Sounds intersting. Sorry for all the questions.
      10-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #26
XS4
slave to the dark side
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Toy packaging and design. Before that, freelanced full time. Before that, I paid my dues working at yucky print shops getting paid crap and driving crap VWs (that I modded and drove the **** out of).
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #27
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
So what exactly do you do. If you dont mind me asking. Do you work for a small time company or a big one? And so you just take pictures of products I assume? and then make them into ads for magazines?

Sounds intersting. Sorry for all the questions.
I work for what would be considered a LARGE Multi-Line Motorcycle Dealership. 3 Actual Dealerships, and a few other business interests.

It's a small (under 250) people organization, but in terms of dealerships it's pretty good size.

I photograph models, design ads, create posters, banners, Blah Blah Blah...

It's a hell of a good gig, Bikes were my only form of transportation for 12 years and are a big part of my life. So, this way I get to combine several of my loves, Bikes, women, Photoshop, and photos.... I have a couple of minions that I direct, I wear a t-shirt and jeans most days, my commute is about 4 minutes, I work 4-days a week and I love what I do. I get a monster employee discount and work with a bunch of cute women... What the hell else could I ask for?

I could make about double what I currently make if I were to put the suit back on and go back to work for a corporation, but why? Money is not the goal, happiness is the goal.

Plus being the graphics guy means that I have a lot of gaps in my day to pop in here and talk shit...
      10-17-2007, 07:03 PM   #28
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Toy packaging would be the cats ass...
      10-17-2007, 07:10 PM   #29
Design1314
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: e92

I've done packaging for Martha Steward
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #30
Design1314
Major
Taiwan
Rep

Some work

Some work that I did not my job portfolio.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #31
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Nice and Clean...
      10-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #32
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
I work for what would be considered a LARGE Multi-Line Motorcycle Dealership. 3 Actual Dealerships, and a few other business interests.

It's a small (under 250) people organization, but in terms of dealerships it's pretty good size.

I photograph models, design ads, create posters, banners, Blah Blah Blah...

It's a hell of a good gig, Bikes were my only form of transportation for 12 years and are a big part of my life. So, this way I get to combine several of my loves, Bikes, women, Photoshop, and photos.... I have a couple of minions that I direct, I wear a t-shirt and jeans most days, my commute is about 4 minutes, I work 4-days a week and I love what I do. I get a monster employee discount and work with a bunch of cute women... What the hell else could I ask for?

I could make about double what I currently make if I were to put the suit back on and go back to work for a corporation, but why? Money is not the goal, happiness is the goal.

Plus being the graphics guy means that I have a lot of gaps in my day to pop in here and talk shit...
Nice, Got any work you can show? If you just want to pm it and not post thats fine. Just would like to see some.

How the hell did you get such a good job? They find you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1314 View Post
Some work that I did not my job portfolio.
Nice work. Although, Trying not to sound like im hating on you. But most of that seems like stuff I could do. And didn't you say you make 6 figures? But if you do thats great. I should work where you do.
      10-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #33
Design1314
Major
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Nice and Clean...
Finally said something nice about me
ya I like white spaces, my design style has this clean look
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #34
Design1314
Major
Taiwan
Rep

Nice work. Although, Trying not to sound like im hating on you. But most of that seems like stuff I could do. And didn't you say you make 6 figures? But if you do thats great. I should work where you do.[/QUOTE]

I agree I am not all that in designing, I am into magazine layouts/ newspaper layout/ads, I don't earn 6 figures at my full-time job, like I said in earlier post, I freelance for some major newspapers, so that made me making 6 figures. I got lucky finding my last job at Maxim right after college, but my recent job at Macy's doesn't really have that much creativity involved, I got hired becaused I had a lot of experience with newspaper design and layout in that past, Asahi, Sports Seoul, Asharq, Al Alram, Vesti... all these are oversea newspapers not including National papers (over 30+ that i designed for)
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #35
Design1314
Major
Taiwan
Rep

however, not to confuse u, I now do design for Macy's ads on newspapers, direct mails.
Appreciate 0