E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2010 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix

04-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #45
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
"So that's what is smells like when you crap yourself in the cockpit... Disgusting, mate"
Quote:
"Wow...Mark wasn't kidding....Lewis did crap himself. Yikes!"
LH jizz in the pants when he heard the RedBulls are way too fast and dominated the front row....
      04-18-2010, 02:22 AM   #46
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Will it continue to rain???
      04-18-2010, 02:35 AM   #47
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
WHAT THE FU*K is SPEED doing....cutting commercial in the middle of Hamilton vs Schumacher battle!!!
      04-18-2010, 03:12 AM   #48
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Geez....WTF again???? Commercial again when Hamilton is about to fight and pass Rosberg.....
      04-18-2010, 03:28 AM   #49
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
we had that over here in the uk, but now it has changed channel and we have no breaks much better
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #50
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
BBC > ITV !!!! especially no commercial break...and pre-race program is pretty good....

I always download the BBC program after the race....
      04-18-2010, 03:34 AM   #51
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

god, a crazy race!!! lot of action, several surprises. 8 laps to go.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 04:29 AM   #52
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Awesome race....but its sad that we need the luck of weather to make the race exciting....
      04-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #53
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Sunday Pics plus Jessica...
Attached Images

04-18-2010, 05:21 AM   #54
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Hamilton drove a brilliant race. So glad he didn't win though as it was irritating as hell to watch him pick of drivers one-by-one. We'll see if there are any penalties as a result of his pit road antics with Vettel.

Too bad Red Bull was unable to capitalize on their great starting positions.

Another exciting race. Let's hope things stay this action-packed in Europe.
      04-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #55
BudVlad
Old Geezer
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 N53B30

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [10.00]
Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel have received official reprimands from FIA.
Vettel? For what?
Attached Images

04-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #56
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Some pics...
Attached Images

04-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #57
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Hamilton drove a brilliant race. So glad he didn't win though as it was irritating as hell to watch him pick of drivers one-by-one. We'll see if there are any penalties as a result of his pit road antics with Vettel.

Too bad Red Bull was unable to capitalize on their great starting positions.

Another exciting race. Let's hope things stay this action-packed in Europe.
Who is Smelling who?
I am glad that you are irritated by Hamiltons ability Again and again he is proving that he is a better driver.
Btw, only reprimands for both drivers for the pit incident. I think it is fair.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #58
gts135
German car nut
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135iM - Cashmere silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
WHAT THE FU*K is SPEED doing....cutting commercial in the middle of Hamilton vs Schumacher battle!!!
I like TSN's approach here in Canada - they split screen the commercials and the race. You don't get audio but at least the action is continuous, if only smaller. Decent compromise.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #59
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Btw, only reprimands for both drivers for the pit incident. I think it is fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudVlad View Post
Vettel? For what?
Seriously. It is clear from the replay the Vettel had the right of way entering the pits....he stayed completely in the designated pit lane entrance, while Lewis was clearly driving out of bounds to the inside of the pit lane. Upon the exit...again Vettel clearly beating Lewis out and into the designated pit out lane and Lewis driving in the "slow" lane where many crew members stand in order to be safely out of the way of the cars. In anything, Hamilton should have been fined for putting crew members in danger while trying to pass in the pit slow lane. And no, this not me, admitted Hamilton-hater, be biased...Lewis was being reckless. Alonso should also be penalized for taking to the out of bounds inside lane at pit-in in order to pass Massa and force him into "Hamilton Beach" at pit in.....very unsportsmanlike.

Quote:
Again and again he is proving that he is a better driver.
LOL! Let's not get too carried away here. Hamilton is a brilliant driver...I've always said that. Although he was the better driver in China, Vettel is a better driver overall and this will show in Europe where he and the Red Bull chassis will dominate in the dry
      04-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #60
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
IMO Stewards have been very generous this season....Hamilton got warning for the excessive weaving at Malaysia, and reprimands for driving the "slow" lane where he crossed the "blue sponsor" lane and endanger other team's mechanics.....

However, stewards had said nothing to Hamilton nor Alonso regarding the aggressive driving at "pit entrance".

Plus I would've thought the stewards will give Alonso a "10-second stop-and-go" penalty for jump starting. But anyhow, seems like drive-through penalty is well common practice from the FIA.
(I remember Rosberg and Kubica served 10 second stop and go penalty in Singapore 2008 for pitting under safety car and pit lane is closed).

I wonder in what circumstance will the stewards give "drive through" or "10 second stop-and-go" penalty?
      04-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #61
1BMW4fun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X3 2.8, 11 550

Quote:
Seriously. It is clear from the replay the Vettel had the right of way entering the pits....he stayed completely in the designated pit lane entrance, while Lewis was clearly driving out of bounds to the inside of the pit lane. Upon the exit...again Vettel clearly beating Lewis out and into the designated pit out lane and Lewis driving in the "slow" lane where many crew members stand in order to be safely out of the way of the cars. In anything, Hamilton should have been fined for putting crew members in danger while trying to pass in the pit slow lane. And no, this not me, admitted Hamilton-hater, be biased...Lewis was being reckless. Alonso should also be penalized for taking to the out of bounds inside lane at pit-in in order to pass Massa and force him into "Hamilton Beach" at pit in.....very unsportsmanlike.

LOL! Let's not get too carried away here. Hamilton is a brilliant driver...I've always said that. Although he was the better driver in China, Vettel is a better driver overall and this will show in Europe where he and the Red Bull chassis will dominate in the dry
I think under bad weather, LH is proving to be a brilliant driver. Even when he made a delay decision on the tire options, he still managed out most of the drivers out there and climb back to finished on podium. We have seen that kind of action from him two races now. I would say given another 3-5 lap, JB would crap in his pants for pole position. As for the pit lane incident, its racing with young drivers in the heat of wanting to win. IMO, makes it more exciting.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #62
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BMW4fun View Post
I think under bad weather, LH is proving to be a brilliant driver. Even when he made a delay decision on the tire options, he still managed out most of the drivers out there and climb back to finished on podium. We have seen that kind of action from him two races now. I would say given another 3-5 lap, JB would crap in his pants for pole position. As for the pit lane incident, its racing with young drivers in the heat of wanting to win. IMO, makes it more exciting.
Or maybe it'll end in tears and Martin Witmarsh will go suicidal...
      04-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #63
gts135
German car nut
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135iM - Cashmere silver

Quote:
Seriously. Upon the exit...again Vettel clearly beating Lewis out and into the designated pit out lane and Lewis driving in the "slow" lane where many crew members stand in order to be safely out of the way of the cars. In anything, Hamilton should have been fined for putting crew members in danger while trying to pass in the pit slow lane. And no, this not me, admitted Hamilton-hater, be biased...Lewis was being reckless. Alonso should also be penalized for taking to the out of bounds inside lane at pit-in in order to pass Massa and force him into "Hamilton Beach" at pit in.....very unsportsmanlike.

Given that these cars accelerate to pit lane speed in about 2s, and the video shows that Vettel is just coming out of his pit stall when they release LH, and that LH stated he lost traction coming out of his stall, one could reasonably say that where they ended up beside each other, was not an error but just where things ended up. Once they are beside each other Vettel clearly does not give any extra room to Hamilton - there was tons of space to his left. Hamilton does not back off, and Vettel doesn't afford him the room. When I used to race I probably wouldn't have given an inch either if I was Hamilton or Vettel.

And if you race open wheel, it's not always just a simple answer to say back off and give the other guy the lead - sometimes it's better to just keep your pace and don't let the wheels have a chance to meet each other front to back, which is essentially the position they were in.

Now if you're a LH or Vettel lover a person probably wouldn't see things in such a light......
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #64
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts135 View Post
Given that these cars accelerate to pit lane speed in about 2s, and the video shows that Vettel is just coming out of his pit stall when they release LH, and that LH stated he lost traction coming out of his stall, one could reasonably say that where they ended up beside each other, was not an error but just where things ended up. Once they are beside each other Vettel clearly does not give any extra room to Hamilton - there was tons of space to his left. Hamilton does not back off, and Vettel doesn't afford him the room. When I used to race I probably wouldn't have given an inch either if I was Hamilton or Vettel.

And if you race open wheel, it's not always just a simple answer to say back off and give the other guy the lead - sometimes it's better to just keep your pace and don't let the wheels have a chance to meet each other front to back, which is essentially the position they were in.

Now if you're a LH or Vettel lover a person probably wouldn't see things in such a light......
+1
SV is not as saint as people are painting here. He never gave any space, well that is fine. He is there to race just like every one else. Don't just blame it in LH.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #65
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudVlad View Post
Vettel? For what?
Vettel could have moved over but he didn't. So he was partially to blame for endangering the mechanics. I think if he had've moved over Hamilton would have been given a drive through, but since both drivers messed up, it was classified as more of a racing incident and went unpunished.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #66
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BMW4fun View Post
I think under bad weather, LH is proving to be a brilliant driver. Even when he made a delay decision on the tire options, he still managed out most of the drivers out there and climb back to finished on podium.
Agree. As I said, he did a brillaint drive...the best of the race. BUT let's not forget that the two safety cars did give him a big help as well.....not to take anything away from his skills

Quote:
+1
SV is not as saint as people are painting here. He never gave any space, well that is fine. He is there to race just like every one else.
True...he did not give space on exit BUT he clearly had the right of way on the entrance to pits and LH went out of bounds to pass him going in. Not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
Vettel could have moved over but he didn't. So he was partially to blame for endangering the mechanics. I think if he had've moved over Hamilton would have been given a drive through, but since both drivers messed up, it was classified as more of a racing incident and went unpunished.
Makes sense