E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What is a good TV/entertainment setup?

11-16-2021, 07:10 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

What is a good TV/entertainment setup?

Just planning ahead and I have already cut the cord to TV subscriptions, etc so I only use the internet for TV shows/movies, that means I just have a reg TV monitor and my laptop is hooked up to it.

I haven't been in the market for TVs in over a decade so I dunno how much tech has progressed, so bear w me. Anyway, I assume this is the 'best' setup, which means for every room that I want to have a 'tv' in, does that mean I have to get a laptop/cheap computer for each monitor...or there's some kinda wireless thing that could be done to relay the signal? What if the 3 rooms want to each watch something different, that means I need to get a cheap computer for each screen? TIA.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 11:47 PM   #2
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

No need for a computer for each TV.

If you already have the TVs you can get things like a Roku, Firestick, etc that plug into the TV. The device connects to Wifi and has apps like Netflix, Hulu, etc for streaming. Just make sure that your TV has the correct inputs for the device, usually USB or HDMI.

If you don't have TVs or wanted to get new ones, get Smart TVs. The TV itself connect to Wifi and have apps on them as well.

Otherwise if you're still a little old school and still want the ability to play DVDs and such you can get players that have wifi and apps for streaming as well.

Just about everything has damn wifi now. TVs, refrigerators, door bells... I'm surprised theres nothing to tell me my bathroom is out of toilet paper yet...

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1