E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > I Want An IS300. . .

10-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #133
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
What? What does "trying to redeem yourself" even mean?

Bimmer fanboy is claiming all sorts of false things about the IS-Series cars.

i.e - The 3'er interior is JUST as good. FALSE
i.e - It's too small for normal human beings. FALSE

It makes me think that he's either trolling or just too fat for both the 3'er and IS-Series because both cars have the same cockpit space.
What does it mean?

Let me put it in simple terms for you:

1) You claim to have called nobody a fanboy, and you were proven wrong... several times.

2) Then you try and say you called nobody a Euro fanboy, but wtf is BMW? Not Euro????

3) Now you're back to arguing how much better the interior of the IS350 is than that of the BMW, yet this thread is about the IS300.

Please, please don't bother replying.

kthanxbye
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #134
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV View Post

1) You claim to have called nobody a fanboy, and you were proven wrong... several times.

2) Then you try and say you called nobody a Euro fanboy, but wtf is BMW? Not Euro????

3) Now you're back to arguing how much better the interior of the IS350 is than that of the BMW, yet this thread is about the IS300.
Okay, so you're tactic is just resorting to lies now?

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #135
jhv
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

holy shit, everyone shut up, its getting annoying. newsong and twinturbo arent going to change their minds about anything, theyll just keep retorting with poorly executed comebacks.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #136
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94JZA80 View Post
here are a few bonus images...

here's a BMW in a Toyota Sandwich :

"The Sandwich" at another angle:

Mmm...gold Work wheels :

noice supra. what's it putting down?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #137
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
holy shit, everyone shut up, its getting annoying. newsong and twinturbo arent going to change their minds about anything, theyll just keep retorting with poorly executed comebacks.
dude, i can't. i've never been this annoyed from someone on a forum before. i didn't think there could be people as stubborn and ignorant as these. it's like a sore in your mouth. you know you shouldn't fuck with it 'cause it'll only make things worse, but you do anyways.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #138
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post

noice supra. what's it putting down?
i've never had her on a dyno before. but an educated guess based on dozens of other BPU Supra dynos would probably have me at 360-370whp @ 15-16psi on 93 octane / 400whp @ 18-19psi on 100 octane.

...and as far as the bickering about interiors goes (IS350 vs 335), the bottom line is that its all still opinion. hell, i could make the crazy claim that a Ford Focus has a nicer interior than a Rolls Royce Phantom - and even if everyone on the face of this planet disagreed with my opinion, that doesn't make the notion that the Phantom's interior is nicer than the Focus's a fact - its still an opinion, no matter how many people agree with it and back it up.
      10-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #139
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
im sure someone finds a yaris exciting
oh most def. what's not to love about a car with bland styling and piss poor handling.
Quote:
haha

Seriously. If the IS-Series is too cramped. You're too damn big. It's a sedan for crying out loud.
wtf that's the stupidest reasoning i've ever heard. just because it's "a sedan" doesn't mean it's automatically roomy. ever sat in the back of a B7 A4? exactly.
Quote:
What? What does "trying to redeem yourself" even mean?

Bimmer fanboy is claiming all sorts of false things about the IS-Series cars.

i.e - The 3'er interior is JUST as good. FALSE
i.e - It's too small for normal human beings. FALSE

It makes me think that he's either trolling or just too fat for both the 3'er and IS-Series because both cars have the same cockpit space.
ok, you've owned an IS. there's no WAY you can say that the rear wasn't cramped. shit, there's no way unless you have the physique of a 12 year old girl.

and no, they don't have the same interior dimensions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #140
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i've never had her on a dyno before. but an educated guess based on dozens of other BPU Supra dynos would probably have me at 360-370whp @ 15-16psi on 93 octane / 400whp @ 18-19psi on 100 octane.

...and as far as the bickering about interiors goes (IS350 vs 335), the bottom line is that its all still opinion. hell, i could make the crazy claim that a Ford Focus has a nicer interior than a Rolls Royce Phantom - and even if everyone on the face of this planet disagreed with my opinion, that doesn't make the notion that the Phantom's interior is nicer than the Focus's a fact - its still an opinion, no matter how many people agree with it and back it up.
nice nice. what mods do you have?

and YES. thank you. that's what i've been saying. it's all a matter of OPINION, but these guys don't want to budge from their claims. that's what's annoying me.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #141
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
nice nice. what mods do you have?
check the sig...basically, the 3" turbo-back exhaust and the boost controller are my go-fast mods. the intercooler helps a bit too, but i consider it more of an engine insurance mod than a go-fast mod (it really doesn't add much power - especially at BPU power levels, so i'm not really any faster now than i was before i installed it).

i burned up the OEM clutch/flywheel, so i upgraded to an RPS 6-puck unsprung hub, RPS Max pressure plate, and RPS lightweight flywheel. it can handle FAR more power/torque than my ride currently produces, but at least i know i can throw everything i've got at it on track days (road racing, not drag racing)...and should i ever decide to "go big" like so many other Supra owners, i'll already have a clutch that can handle it.
      10-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #142
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
check the sig...basically, the 3" turbo-back exhaust and the boost controller are my go-fast mods. the intercooler helps a bit too, but i consider it more of an engine insurance mod than a go-fast mod (it really doesn't add much power - especially at BPU power levels, so i'm not really any faster now than i was before i installed it).

i burned up the OEM clutch/flywheel, so i upgraded to an RPS 6-puck unsprung hub, RPS Max pressure plate, and RPS lightweight flywheel. it can handle FAR more power/torque than my ride currently produces, but at least i know i can throw everything i've got at it on track days (road racing, not drag racing)...and should i ever decide to "go big" like so many other Supra owners, i'll already have a clutch that can handle it.
right, better safe than sorry, haha.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #143
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Quote:
and no, they don't have the same interior dimensions.
Yeah, they're within a few inches of each other. So either:

1) You're over 300 pounds and any Sedan is going to be small for you

or

2) You're biased (already confirmed).

I'd say a bit of 1 and 2.

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #144
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

or

every inch counts dude. i dunno bout you, but i'm 6'1" 200lbs. no probs in my car front or back, but i feel cramped in the rear of an IS. you could be 5'3" 120lbs for all i know. or you might not care about your legs being buckled in. i'd say a bit of both.

type this "IS350 + cramped + interior" in google and you'll get reviews, both by the press and from owners alike, stating that the rear is cramped.

when did i say i was biased against lexus. quote it and you win the agument. and no, i don't consider toyota and lexus to be one in the same despite their similarities. one offers fwd, the other rwd. one's boring, the other less so.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #145
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Seriously, why did this turn to be a discussion about leg room? From what I know, the front passenger and driver has similiar leg room on the 335 and is350. How are we being ignorant?Seems like the ignorant one is you.. There are many people who agrees that the Lexus interior is better than the BMW. Like I said, I use to own a is350 and I moved to a 335. Both cars are nice but the is350 wins interior hands down. Options such as reverse camera, better navi, mark levinson sound system, DVD player, better leather. Its all something BMW can't come close to. BMW leather is rough, it isn't made for luxury. Not to mention, the idrive suck balls..but overall..performance wise, I would choose a 335. Enough said..So stop replying with your ignorant and bias response. You already stated you are bias against Toyota. I read your thread months ago. And all you do is cap on IS350. Why hate so much?

And he is 19. We been arguing all this time with a 19 year old someone who can't even afford to pay for their own car...does your daddy knows your modding his car??
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #146
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Seriously, why did this turn to be a discussion about leg room? From what I know, the front passenger and driver has similiar leg room on the 335 and is350. How are we being ignorant?Seems like the ignorant one is you.. There are many people who agrees that the Lexus interior is better than the BMW. Like I said, I use to own a is350 and I moved to a 335. Both cars are nice but the is350 wins interior hands down. Options such as reverse camera, better navi, mark levinson sound system, DVD player, better leather. Its all something BMW can't come close to. BMW leather is rough, it isn't made for luxury. Not to mention, the idrive suck balls..but overall..performance wise, I would choose a 335. Enough said..So stop replying with your ignorant and bias response. You already stated you are bias against Toyota. I read your thread months ago. And all you do is cap on IS350. Why hate so much?

And he is 19. We been arguing all this time with a 19 year old someone who can't even afford to pay for their own car...does your daddy knows your modding his car??
1) a discussion about interior dimensions started when i chose to disprove the fact that they do not share similar dimensions. and i did. and i never mentioned anything about driver/passenger legroom. read my post again.
2) you choose to ignore the fact that people have opinions. i feel like i'm talking to a wall. is it so hard for you to accept the fact that i have different tastes in aesthetics? i don't like blobby shapes. i don't like chrome. i don't like the overall layout of the IS interior. does that mean my opinion is wrong? hell no. it's just different. live with it. it's not fanboyism. and you're right, the IS interior is focused more towards luxury. that's cool. i chose the 3 because i like its spartan interior more than the competition's (excluding the A5).
3) the iDrive is indeed subpar in comparison with the IS and G's superb nav systems. there's no arguing there. it's not god awful to me because i took more than ten minutes to learn how to use it. i can navigate it without looking. i'd take an MMI, COMAND, or any other system over it, but i make due with this one and it serves me well.
4) you're right. i stated my bias against TOY-FUCKING-OTA. we're not talking about toyota right now are we? i said that until they come out with an exciting car once again, which they haven't for a long, long time, then i'll like them again. right now they style their cars as melted soap and promote hybrids, which i don't care for. nothing about toyota stirs any sort of emotions out of me. again, that's my opinion so stop fucking talking about it like it's wrong.
5) what's wrong with being 19? am i still too young to form my own opinions about things? i feel like i'm the only one who's using any sort of proof or logical reasoning to back up my statements. you and that newsong guy have done nothing but repeat yourselves like broken records resorting to the same remarks along the lines of "look at his name" or "he's biased". you've done nothing in the way of forming a decent rebuttal to anything i've said.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #147
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

/thread
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #148
asian010
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

wuts with all the harsh comments in here.. this was supposed to be about the is300. now its about 335i vs is350.

i personally think the is350 seats are more comfortable and have a more luxurious feeling compared to the 335i seat and the 335i seat has a more sporty feeling to it but yet still has a small comfortable and luxurious feeling in it.

and me being 6 feet 170 pounds. i fit nicely in the is350 and in the 335i.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 02:16 AM   #149
hudaman
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 335i

Quote:

or

I'm assuming you go to Newsong Church in Irvine. If so, I don't think you should use their name as your username. You're not representing them very well. You come across as kind of a dick.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 04:43 AM   #150
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
1) a discussion about interior dimensions started when i chose to disprove the fact that they do not share similar dimensions. and i did. and i never mentioned anything about driver/passenger legroom. read my post again.
Bro, your wasting precious disk space of the forum by arguing.

Let it go, it's a waste of time arguing on the net

Quote:

I have nothing against you but I know that bimmer is way mature for his age except for the occasional foul language or so. You have no idea how far his knowledge is on cars. Just check out his old post and you will see that most of them are with proof and facts about any given topic.

So chill twinturbo335, we are all equals on this forum and we should respect each other's opinion too

And I have nothing to gain siding with bimmer, I'm just speaking the truth.

Last edited by OBI_agent; 10-23-2008 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #151
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

Come on guys, how many years has this come up again?

This is a BMW forum, people are going to stick up and generally have a bias for BMWs here.

This is a BMW forum, people are generally going to call Lexuses Toyotas, Infinitis Nissan, and Audis Volkswagons.

This is a BMW forum, people are generally going to get defensive at any car that is pointed out as being good that is not a BMW.

This is a BMW forum, people think that procede turns a BMW into a Ferrari

This should be settled in a back alley with broken bottles, chains, and bats.
      10-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #152
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:

Exactly, the most annoying thing is the hate for no reason at all. If there was a valid reason for the hate, I might just ignore it (even if it is stupid), but this guy is saying one interior is cramped due to a few inches difference, while the other is spacious and comfortable.

/thread

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #153
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Bro, your wasting precious disk space of the forum by arguing.

Let it go, it's a waste of time arguing on the net

I have nothing against you but I know that bimmer is way mature for his age except for the occasional foul language or so. You have no idea how far his knowledge is on cars. Just check out his old post and you will see that most of them are with proof and facts about any given topic.

So chill twinturbo335, we are all equals on this forum and we should respect each other's opinion too

And I have nothing to gain siding with bimmer, I'm just speaking the truth.

yeah, i'm just gonna let it slide
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #154
jhv
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:

yeah, i'm just gonna let it slide
Appreciate 0