E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > any members in new orleans area attention!!!!

04-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
Saosin17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

any members in new orleans area attention!!!!

Ok, here's the deal. I am traveling to the area in late May to do some research for a novel i am writing. What i need to know are the names of a few very small/ run down type towns within about an hours drive of New Orleans. I need to be able to get the small town feel, true, gritty, dirty, creepy towns you would not feel safe alone in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2006, 12:22 AM   #2
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saosin17
Ok, here's the deal. I am traveling to the area in late May to do some research for a novel i am writing. What i need to know are the names of a few very small/ run down type towns within about an hours drive of New Orleans. I need to be able to get the small town feel, true, gritty, dirty, creepy towns you would not feel safe alone in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry but if I was from there, and still suffering like most of the people in or around New Orleans I would be offended by your request.
"true, gritty, dirty' run down type towns"
Pretty tasteless, IMO.
Do you have any idea what going on in that part of our country?

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, just saying.

Last edited by Lost Rider; 04-21-2006 at 12:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
Saosin17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

I can see why you would take my post this way, however, it was misjudged. Earlier this year i donated $5k to katrina funds, and spent a week with Habitat for Humanity down in New Orleans helping to clear/clean out some of the areas that were being overlooked at the time. I know very well what went on down there. A small, old fashioned town out in the bayou could have been a more PC way of putting it. My book however takes place in the 1930's so please dont think im trying to make money off such a tragedy. I apologize if i miscommunicated my demeanor. but still any help would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
Like I said I'm not trying to be a jerk, just saying it could be interpreted in the wrong way, especially if your life has been effected like those in New Orleans.
The only reason I even said anything is because I have family there, and all I hear about is the hell they are living in.
It's good to hear you know what's going on down there, and have done something to help.
Anyway, good luck with your book.