E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Going to So. Cal...need some ideas...

04-17-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
saini023
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Going to So. Cal...need some ideas...

so me and couple of my friends are going down to LA and San diego in the next couple of weeks..and wondering what is there to do down there beisde disneyland and the beaches. couple of want to go sand doonin (not sure how its spelled) or something similar to it. so anyone from around there or anyone know a good place to go please let me know..thanks...
Mods:20% Tint F/R, Xenon Interior Lights, Xenenis Tru-match Fog Lights, , V1 (hardwire), Black and White Roundels, Blackline Tailights, White Angel Eyes (PMB), (2) 12'' Kicker L7,TvandNav2go, Playstation 2, ACS Roof Spoiler, 5 Series iDrive Leather Knob, Brex kit
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Originally Posted by saini023
so me and couple of my friends are going down to LA and San diego in the next couple of weeks..and wondering what is there to do down there beisde disneyland and the beaches. couple of want to go sand doonin (not sure how its spelled) or something similar to it. so anyone from around there or anyone know a good place to go please let me know..thanks...

If you're looking for sand doonin..I am assuming you mean riding dirtbike or get on a ATV/sandrails..etc. Then the best place for that in SoCal is Clamis..it's out in the desert...not super far from L.A. (closer then vegas) and action out there is insane (I once saw a sandrail with a Cadillac north v8 turbo popping a wheelie going up hill with 4 people on board... )
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #3
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

This is almost like me asking for ideas when I'm going to NYC.

What are you looking for? Fun as in amusement parks like Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Sea World, San Diego Zoo? Night life as in clubs, bars? Outdoors activities like mountain biking, surfing, wake-boarding, hang-gliding, kayaking? Old geezer stuff like muesems, libraries, booksignings, and coffee shops? Major events like concerts, auto shows, theater, circus, stand-up comedy? Drugs like weed, crack, PCP and meth (your answer to that would be Mac in LA).

There's a million things to do in LA and SD. I recommend underwater basket-weaving.

EDIT: Also, if you and your friends would like to see girls-on-donkey action, there's Tijuana for you.
      04-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
saini023
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine
If you're looking for sand doonin..I am assuming you mean riding dirtbike or get on a ATV/sandrails..etc. Then the best place for that in SoCal is Clamis..it's out in the desert...not super far from L.A. (closer then vegas) and action out there is insane (I once saw a sandrail with a Cadillac north v8 turbo popping a wheelie going up hill with 4 people on board... )
thanks. that is exactly what i'm looking for riding dirtbikes ATV's...sounds like fun..do you have a website or phone number to the place? thanks again..
Quote:
Originally Posted by squawks

This is almost like me asking for ideas when I'm going to NYC.

What are you looking for? Fun as in amusement parks like Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Sea World, San Diego Zoo? Night life as in clubs, bars? Outdoors activities like mountain biking, surfing, wake-boarding, hang-gliding, kayaking? Old geezer stuff like muesems, libraries, booksignings, and coffee shops? Major events like concerts, auto shows, theater, circus, stand-up comedy? Drugs like weed, crack, PCP and meth (your answer to that would be Mac in LA).

There's a million things to do in LA and SD. I recommend underwater basket-weaving.

EDIT: Also, if you and your friends would like to see girls-on-donkey action, there's Tijuana for you.
not looking to go to disneyland or anything, no libaraies. TJ is a place we will also check out, but just looking for adventure stuff..try some new stuff. comedy club or car show would also be something to consider.
Mods:20% Tint F/R, Xenon Interior Lights, Xenenis Tru-match Fog Lights, , V1 (hardwire), Black and White Roundels, Blackline Tailights, White Angel Eyes (PMB), (2) 12'' Kicker L7,TvandNav2go, Playstation 2, ACS Roof Spoiler, 5 Series iDrive Leather Knob, Brex kit
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #5
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Go to the comedy store in la jolla.

Gaslamp has a lot of clubs/nice resturaunts. Check out Pacific beach for a younger crowd.
      04-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Originally Posted by saini023
thanks. that is exactly what i'm looking for riding dirtbikes ATV's...sounds like fun..do you have a website or phone number to the place? thanks again..

not looking to go to disneyland or anything, no libaraies. TJ is a place we will also check out, but just looking for adventure stuff..try some new stuff. comedy club or car show would also be something to consider.

Yup, here's the website that should give you most of the info

http://www.glamisonline.org/

Also, when you get there, make sure you look for a Dune call Oldsmobile..it's bascially a big ass steep hill-like dune, and that's where you'll see all the action (People going down hill on their sandrail at like 100mph...girls flashing )
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #7
saini023
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
haha thanks blacksunshine....will have to go check out that dune..

Bella:
i will have to check that out also..i heard la jolla isnt to far from where we will be roaming..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #8
Flyingfart
Just as when I found my car, they changed it.
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90-330i

How about some Massages over at Kims Health Spa on Wilshire.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2006, 02:54 AM   #9
huchung
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Funny, I thought underwater basket-weaving was only for students at UCSD. Did the new chancellor decide to go public with the class? hmm....Someone might want to suggest a foozball team, maybe we'll get one with this one...

Coronado Island is pretty nice, sit back with a booze in your hand and get a tan.
Appreciate 0