E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Had my first run-in with an a-hole

07-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Had my first run-in with an a-hole

I took my car out for the first time since redelivery today. On the way home I had to stop by this store to buy some stuff. I got to one of those lanes you can turn left in (in the middle of the street, not at the intersection). There were cars coming up pretty fast so obviously I waited for them. Then it cleared up a bit and I was about to go when I noticed a white civic speeding up like crazy. So I decided to wait for it to pass.

Meanwhile there was this Toyota Tacoma behind me. He kept inching up and wanted to cut me off from behind (i.e. turn left before me while I waited for the civic). As the civic approached us he slowed down because there were cars in front of him. After it's passed I made my left turn.

Right when I was just about to complete the turn I noticed the Tacoma was on my left (very very close). I then kept going straight and made another left turn into the plaza. THE FOOL ALMOST HIT ME!!! He was going so fast it seemed like if I didnt make the turn as quickly as I did he would have rammed into me. Right when I started turning left he also honked at me

In my defense I have done nothing wrong. I didnt want to make the turn because there were cars coming and you could tell the civic was coming up very, very quickly. I have no idea whether that dude was in a rush or not but the f*cker almost hit me. Perhaps it's a good idea to carry a gun with me nowadays.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #2
Div4our
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: with my right foot down.

You didn't do anything wrong man, don't worry bout it.

The dude was just an asshole, too many of em on the road.
      07-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Nah just let it be. Flick em off, yell at em and thats it.

Otherwise it's just people being impatient.
      07-14-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
I took my car out for the first time since redelivery today. On the way home I had to stop by this store to buy some stuff. I got to one of those lanes you can turn left in (in the middle of the street, not at the intersection). There were cars coming up pretty fast so obviously I waited for them. Then it cleared up a bit and I was about to go when I noticed a white civic speeding up like crazy. So I decided to wait for it to pass.

Meanwhile there was this Toyota Tacoma behind me. He kept inching up and wanted to cut me off from behind (i.e. turn left before me while I waited for the civic). As the civic approached us he slowed down because there were cars in front of him. After it's passed I made my left turn.

Right when I was just about to complete the turn I noticed the Tacoma was on my left (very very close). I then kept going straight and made another left turn into the plaza. THE FOOL ALMOST HIT ME!!! He was going so fast it seemed like if I didnt make the turn as quickly as I did he would have rammed into me. Right when I started turning left he also honked at me

In my defense I have done nothing wrong. I didnt want to make the turn because there were cars coming and you could tell the civic was coming up very, very quickly. I have no idea whether that dude was in a rush or not but the f*cker almost hit me. Perhaps it's a good idea to carry a gun with me nowadays.

Don't worry about it.

I get people passing me on my street - residential, 25 MPH speed limit, barely wide enough for cars parked on both sides, and two cars in opposite directions.

Seems everyone is in such a frickin' hurry...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
yemski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 1M Coupe  [0.00]
you did nothing wrong, in fact you were prolly the only one not driving like an idiot. The Tacoma driver sounds like a grade A hater...just ignore people like that
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
Alpine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Nah just let it be. Flick em off, yell at em and thats it.

Otherwise it's just people being impatient.
I find shaking the fist is much more effective. It seems nowadays everyone expects the finger, so when they get an old school fist shakin, it throws em off!
      07-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #7
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

BMWE90, If this is really a first, "Had my first run-in with an a-hole"... You've lived a Hazardously sheltered life. Especially living in the spiritual home of the A-hole.

But I'm sure you'll run into a great number of A-holes out in the world, eventually you'll get pretty good at recognizing them before they even have a chance to do the silly thing you know they are going to do... You'll be able to identify em coming.

They have a great number of A-Hole "tells". Small behaviors that give em' away.
      07-14-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
BMWE90, If this is really a first, "Had my first run-in with an a-hole"... You've lived a Hazardously sheltered life. Especially living in the spiritual home of the A-hole.

But I'm sure you'll run into a great number of A-holes out in the world, eventually you'll get pretty good at recognizing them before they even have a chance to do the silly thing you know they are going to do... You'll be able to identify em coming.

They have a great number of A-Hole "tells". Small behaviors that give em' away.

LOL yeah there are a bunch of them out there. This one takes the cake though. Come on now my I just got the car re-delivered!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 01:34 AM   #9
JayeJaymes
Alien
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 2016 M4

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2016 M4  [0.00]
What makes me laugh is when a cars passes me hauling ass weaving in and out of traffic or in town, then i pass them later in traffic or catch up to them at a light driving normally, whats the point? anyways its like they in hurry to go home and take a crap or something, haha
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 01:38 AM   #10
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

hot damn what color is this one? maybe he's just really jealous of you and your safe driving. he's probably thinking, man if i had that nice of a car, i'd be driving like a pansy too! j/k bro
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2007, 02:03 AM   #11
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
hot damn what color is this one? maybe he's just really jealous of you and your safe driving. he's probably thinking, man if i had that nice of a car, i'd be driving like a pansy too! j/k bro
ohh man that joke was a bit too harsh aahahah
      07-15-2007, 06:48 AM   #12
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Flipping the bird here is not a good idea. I have been all over and seen it, and no real rsponse. Bad responses here, I never do it unless I am willing to park and throw down. Then they pull a gun. No good old fashioned fights anymore.

A few years ago in Houston, crazy sum bitches, a girl kept weaving and blasting in and out of all the lanes. Get to the light she is right next to me. I am in a truck looking down at her. She is in sweats and all messy looking. Weekday mid morning. She looks at me and says "what the f or you looking at?" I was like what......So I slapped right back with "what is your hurry? you know you don't have a job". She went ballistic with every foul word known to man. I started laughing and told her to have a great day.