E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Code 4BAC

11-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #23
montr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2018 430i G-Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by What_A_D View Post
bump

does anybody know how to drain the def tanks?
Here is how the dealer do it (see attachment):

I never fill the DEF to the top. When I get the 1000 miles to empty reminder, I buy a 2.5 gallons DEF and put it in the passive tank. I do not go by the CBS for oil and fill it up. This way the DEF is always fresh and from BMW SI B16 02 10:
"Do not overfill the SCR system. Filling the tanks up to the top of their respective filler necks will cause the DEF
to leak out of the tank's vent system, and will possibly damage the tanks and internal components."

Last edited by montr; 11-29-2014 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 08:47 PM   #24
What_A_D
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by montr View Post
Here is how the dealer do it (see attachment):

I never fill the DEF to the top. When I get the 1000 miles to empty reminder, I buy a 2.5 gallons DEF and put it in the passive tank. I do not go by the CBS for oil and fill it up. This way the DEF is always fresh and from BMW SI B16 02 10:
"Do not overfill the SCR system. Filling the tanks up to the top of their respective filler necks will cause the DEF
to leak out of the tank's vent system, and will possibly damage the tanks and internal components."

Thanks montr!

Im going to go ahead and top of with 2.5 gallons tomorrow passing it through the passive tank and clear the code that I got and see if it goes away.

Sounds like I will need to eventually rig something up similar to what bmw makes and or just find a way to remove the scr tank assembly and clean all of the parts by hand.
Appreciate 0