E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Traded in my wife's E90 for this beast...

03-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #23
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
Are you liking it better than the e90 still?
Yeah, I like it better than the e90 but not sure about the e92... I really like my e92 but the engine and the sound of the 5.0 is amazing and the interior and technology that the new mustangs have is awesome. I still get to drive my e92 on the weekends so it wasn't a hard decision like it would have been if I was trading in my e92 instead of the e90.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #24
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred22 View Post
328 = Mustang Killer
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #25
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Did you look into adding the FRPP suspension in at purchase? If you take delivery with those parts on (there's both a 1" and 1.5" kit), or if your dealer installs it once the parts come in (dealer-dependent), you'll be covered on those parts for 3/36k or whatever it is. IMO better than risking warranty hassle if you put aftermarket suspension on yourself.

Grats on the purchase though. Thinking about a Black or White one myself. But just noticed today that the 302 is on the online configurator.... Hmmm....
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #26
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133 View Post
nice purchase!!! I hear the new stangs have interior that rival the best for $30,000....
The 5.0 is amazing in so many ways, but its interior is merely passable. It's not bad, but there's nothing special about the fitment or material quality. The best interior you can get for the 30k price range is a VW GTI's imo. That's head and shoulders above everything.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #27
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Did you look into adding the FRPP suspension in at purchase? If you take delivery with those parts on (there's both a 1" and 1.5" kit), or if your dealer installs it once the parts come in (dealer-dependent), you'll be covered on those parts for 3/36k or whatever it is. IMO better than risking warranty hassle if you put aftermarket suspension on yourself.

Grats on the purchase though. Thinking about a Black or White one myself. But just noticed today that the 302 is on the online configurator.... Hmmm....
I bought it with 5k miles on it so I didn't have a choice with any options(it has brembo brakes, leather, 19" inch wheels, so it has most options except for navi and the suspension upgrade you speak of)... I got for $25k though, the window sticker new was at $36k so I think I got a pretty good deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #28
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER11 View Post
I bought it with 5k miles on it so I didn't have a choice with any options(it has brembo brakes, leather, 19" inch wheels, so it has most options except for navi and the suspension upgrade you speak of)... I got for $25k though, the window sticker new was at $36k so I think I got a pretty good deal.
Wow yeah that is a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #29
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

horrible downgrade imo, but i guess as long as you like it
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #30
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
Why is that?

The new Mustang keeps up with the e9x m3 around the track. Gets pretty good gas mileage
I happen to like the interior as well...

My poor e90 creaks so bad when it flexes
      03-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #31
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have you driven a Mustang with the windows down on a sunny afternoon? I'd rather have a 5.0 to cruise around with than my 335i just to hear that exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #32
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
How exactly is it a downgrade?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #33
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Ignore the clueless fanboi suggesting a downgrade.

Congrats on the pick up.

They're fun cars that are an amazing bang for the buck.

I'll agree with a few of the earlier posters that the interior is a great improvement....but still not what you would ever call luxurious. The stitching is nice, I liked the Sync, the leather was decent. However, that being said I found the seats to have very little support, especially in the bolsters and I personally wasn't a fan on the plasticky retro gauges.

I spent 3 days in one as a rental and enjoyed it immensely. You've got a car that has some great performance attributes. You can smirk at those of us that paid $30K more for our "luxury" performance cars when you're nipping at our heels.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #34
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

It wouldn't matter if the next mustang was better than a Veyron, some people will never give it the credit it deserves because of preconceived notions... I have arguments with people every day defending the Mustang. Hell, I even argue with people a lot about whether my Vette is a "worthy" sports-car.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #35
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenry135 View Post
It wouldn't matter if the next mustang was better than a Veyron, some people will never give it the credit it deserves because of preconceived notions... I have arguments with people every day defending the Mustang. Hell, I even argue with people a lot about whether my Vette is a "worthy" sports-car.
The Vette is a worthy car because it can back up numbers without the aid of American car magazines inflating their performance
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #36
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Fanboi? Lol like omgosh are you like a 12 year old girl?

It's downgrade because it's a Mustang. Mustang's are always overrated and slow. If you think Car and Driver has any credibility with their track numbers, you deserve that Mustang.

EDIT: Haha I just noticed you own an IS-F. The Mustang is perfect for you...
You seriously have no idea what you are talking about.. Mustang overrated and slow? Here are some real life numbers.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...lip-21072.html

Bone stock 5.0 that run 12.7 in the quarter mile.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #37
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Get a 91 octane Lund tune on that beast and report back .
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #38
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fanboi? Lol like omgosh are you like a 12 year old girl?

It's downgrade because it's a Mustang. Mustang's are always overrated and slow. If you think Car and Driver has any credibility with their track numbers, you deserve that Mustang.

EDIT: Haha I just noticed you own an IS-F. The Mustang is perfect for you...
Quote:
The Vette is a worthy car because it can back up numbers without the aid of American car magazines inflating their performance
No offense but you sound like some kind of retard.

Insideline, whose numbers are typically slower across the board, regardless of a brand's nationality, scored amazing numbers at the track with the 5.0.

0-60: 4.8s (4.5s w/ rollout)
1/4: 13.0s @ 110.6mph
60-0: 109ft
Slalom: 67.3mph
Skidpad: .91g

Forget C&D. Just look at every magazine that's recorded their own independent tests. Motor Trend has video proof of a 5.0 sticking with an M3 within one-tenth of a second on a balanced track (not power-biased).

You're getting M3 performance with a completely livable interior for less than $40,000. I'd be more than happy to trade my 335i for a 5.0 if I knew gas prices aren't going to soar and insurance rates would spike.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #39
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Congrats! I absolutely love the new 'Stangs. Enjoy the f*ck out of her!

And yes, the new Mustang 5.0 means business and it's very fast for a car just over $30,000.
      03-03-2011, 05:26 AM   #40
ibeclueless
What
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

nice car

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #41
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
No offense but you sound like some kind of retard.

Insideline, whose numbers are typically slower across the board, regardless of a brand's nationality, scored amazing numbers at the track with the 5.0.

0-60: 4.8s (4.5s w/ rollout)
1/4: 13.0s @ 110.6mph
60-0: 109ft
Slalom: 67.3mph
Skidpad: .91g

Forget C&D. Just look at every magazine that's recorded their own independent tests. Motor Trend has video proof of a 5.0 sticking with an M3 within one-tenth of a second on a balanced track (not power-biased).

You're getting M3 performance with a completely livable interior for less than $40,000. I'd be more than happy to trade my 335i for a 5.0 if I knew gas prices aren't going to soar and insurance rates would spike.
offense taken. you can fool yourself and think that 13.0 @ 110mph is fast for a car that makes 412 horsepower and 395 ft/lbs, but its not. especially considering it is a car has a solid rear end that is optimized for drag racing, unlike other cars. its the same reason why a GT500 that makes 552 horsepower loses to a car like Z06. Anyone in the know, knows that Mustangs are just dyno queens that are overrated when it comes to real life performance. add into that the shitty gas mileage, shitty build quality, shitty resale value and shitty interior. well shit. you sound like some kind of retard for wanting a car like that. me i'll pay more for something a bit nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335
You seriously have no idea what you are talking about.. Mustang overrated and slow? Here are some real life numbers.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...lip-21072.html

Bone stock 5.0 that run 12.7 in the quarter mile.
Haha you think that because someone posted on dragtimes its fact? if you believe that, then the mustang is a perfect car for you you're just another fool who buys into the motortrend and car and driver hype. they rate cars higher on subjective data.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #42
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the compliments guys. I have never really cared for mustangs (except for the 03-04 Cobra) because they have always seemed kind of cheap but they really stepped it up with the 2011... As soon as I drove it, I fell in love and now that I have Flowmasters (full exhaust will come later) on it I love everytime I crank it up. I still have an e92 335i with a JB+, drop, wheels, etc. in my garage that my wife now drives so I still get to drive that on the weekends... Last night I was driving our e92 and I forgot how quick that thing is, so now I'm going to have to take it out and have a race between the 2 just to see how close the 335 stays to the 5.0.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #43
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
offense taken. you can fool yourself and think that 13.0 @ 110mph is fast for a car that makes 412 horsepower and 395 ft/lbs, but its not. especially considering it is a car has a solid rear end that is optimized for drag racing, unlike other cars. its the same reason why a GT500 that makes 552 horsepower loses to a car like Z06. Anyone in the know, knows that Mustangs are just dyno queens that are overrated when it comes to real life performance. add into that the shitty gas mileage, shitty build quality, shitty resale value and shitty interior. well shit. you sound like some kind of retard for wanting a car like that. me i'll pay more for something a bit nicer.

Haha you think that because someone posted on dragtimes its fact? if you believe that, then the mustang is a perfect car for you you're just another fool who buys into the motortrend and car and driver hype. they rate cars higher on subjective data.
It sounds like someone might be a little angry/jealous because you probably can't afford a new 5.0. It seems like you are taking it personally that a lot of these guys have a different opinion about the 5.0 than you do. The funny thing is that there is proof that the new 5.0's are faster and better than you say but you just dismiss it by saying, "well that just can't be true because I say so".

You = then now (because you realized that I'm right)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #44
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:

Funny how you say "anyone in the know" and then follow it with fallacies.

Look up the reliability and initial quality ratings (not so shitty build quality, eh?). Look up the residual values (rut-roh looks like the GT is above not only the vanilla 3er, but the M3 as well). Check out the observed MPG on the 5.0 and compare that to other 400+ HP V8 cars. See the unbiased reviews and track comparisons by people who do that stuff for a living....

You don't sound like anyone "in the know" at all. The only thing I see in there that is even remotely creditable is your subjective opinion of the interior. Some love it, some hate it, but in the end it's just an opinion. The rest of your tirade is refutable by statistics, facts, and objective tests by professionals.

Also, the comparison of the GT500 vs the Z06 didn't yield a surprising result whatsoever. There's more to a drag race than just what sort of peak HP numbers the car provides. Anyone who expected the GT500 to win obviously doesn't know that. The Z06 should win, and it's absolutely no surprise that it does. There is no "mystery shittiness resulting in subpar real life performance" that netted those results.

Also, the LRA seems to be a big sticking point for a lot of people, and I'll admit it does have its drawbacks.... But at least they include an LSD. Kinda an odd choice for a "rear end that is optimized for drag racing" eh?

Why you getting so mad bro? You don't even have a dog in this fight; you're just gonna come in here and spout ignorant nonsense to shit on OP's thread? Cool shit man. Way to be a douche.

Last edited by ragingclue; 03-03-2011 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 0