E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I'm retarded

06-17-2006, 12:20 AM   #23
foofighter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 TRD Off Road 4r - 2018 M3

wow, you actually have a planner and you study? the last year of my college life, my co-conspirator and I would party or go make a run to Toys R Us to buy something to distract us during dead week while everyone is pulling all nighters. We ended up doing the same if not better than the ones that studied all night.

And I sometimes to this day have dreams of still being in college and having to take finals that I have no clue what the subject is about, or my counselor telling me that i dont have enough credits to graduate!!!

College was fun, but i dont miss the classes.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #24
Curt3s
In your rear view mirror making funny faces.
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Not retarded at all. I've made similar lists when I have certain periods of HIGH obligation, and I NEED to make sure I dont forget anything, and manage my time wisely.

Also it's satisfiying to see the items gradually checked off, until you can breath a sigh of relief.

'06 325i - Premium - Sport - iDrive Navigation - Bluetooth Cradle - Sparkling Graphite - Grey Interior - Aluminum Trim (GT4 330 Pictured)

"And with the amount of power he has in that BMW he is just leaving them behind right now."
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #25
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt3s
Not retarded at all. I've made similar lists when I have certain periods of HIGH obligation, and I NEED to make sure I dont forget anything, and manage my time wisely.

Also it's satisfiying to see the items gradually checked off, until you can breath a sigh of relief.
lol. my list for today.

1. Wake up
2. Go to sleep

I'VE ALREADY DONE #1... ooo yeah. ahead of the game.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #26
pander5
Special Forces - Discretion is superior
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe Sapphire Black

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Nikki - better get crackin on that Marketing and Finance!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #27
pander5
Special Forces - Discretion is superior
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe Sapphire Black

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
My question is WTF are you taking an exam on Sunday night?
Nah, that's probably a study group - she has it listed on Thursday.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 02:49 PM   #28
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pander5
Nah, that's probably a study group - she has it listed on Thursday.
Nah it's on online test. I have two tests in ISM, two in Marketing, two in Finance, and only one in History.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #29
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

why are you retarded? i'm lost......i must be retarded.
      06-17-2006, 03:25 PM   #30
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci, 08 335i, 08 A5,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
so what is everyone else doing this week?
Wow...just that? I will gladly trade your exams for what I have to do next week

I've been finishing up some stuff for the New Iraqi Intelligence Service which includes....hmm let's see structure, organization, methodology, training, tactics, Iraqi law issues, coordination with Iraqi MoI and MoD offices, joint staff departments, where we are at (currently), goals for FY (US) 2006-2007, Where we want to be, problems identified, current gaps, etc...

And within each category, subcategories are included. Granted I've had a team working on it and with me adding finishing touches but now I have to send it to DC and possibly brief over VTC. Other people are interested as well since an organic (Iraqi) Intel organization is vital to using the Iraqi populace and conducting their own raids to destroy the terrorists/insurgency after US Forces leave.

But at least I can say I made a difference in the world as I work with these guys everyday and have been here since 2004 building, restructuring, and modifying their Intel apparatus to the state it is in today. Not perfect but it will require about another 3-6 years before its good.

Trying to construct an effective organization from a corrupt, defunct and power hungry previous institution is a mind-boggling task.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #31
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 330ci
Wow...just that? I will gladly trade your exams for what I have to do next week

I've been finishing up some stuff for the New Iraqi Intelligence Service which includes....hmm let's see structure, organization, methodology, training, tactics, Iraqi law issues, coordination with Iraqi MoI and MoD offices, joint staff departments, where we are at (currently), goals for FY (US) 2006-2007, Where we want to be, problems identified, current gaps, etc...

And within each category, subcategories are included. Granted I've had a team working on it and with me adding finishing touches but now I have to send it to DC and possibly brief over VTC. Other people are interested as well since an organic (Iraqi) Intel organization is vital to using the Iraqi populace and conducting their own raids to destroy the terrorists/insurgency after US Forces leave.

But at least I can say I made a difference in the world as I work with these guys everyday and have been here since 2004 building, restructuring, and modifying their Intel apparatus to the state it is in today. Not perfect but it will require about another 3-6 years before its good.

Keep up the hard work!

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 03:41 PM   #32
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Hmm, this weekend...

Watch the 24 hours of Lemans today, get a hair cut cause I'm gettin' shaggy , buy a last minute fathers day present, and agonize over why it takes so long for my car to get from the VPC to Seattle

Good luck on your tests and such btw.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #33
N1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M

Twenty years to make a carrer its not for retarded.
Aim high, you will suceed, you are a winner !
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 12:07 AM   #34
ThreeBimm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
why are you retarded? i'm lost......i must be retarded.
Same here. I looked for a good few minutes to try and figure out what mistake or whatever was on that list before I scrolled down. Now I feel like an idiot...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 12:31 AM   #35
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Haha, yeah I just meant kiddingly that I am retarded for taking this many classes. Well all of the marketing is read except for one chapter, and most of the History paper is complete.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 05:45 AM   #36
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Lol, no our teacher is letting us put whatever we want on one piece of paper front and back.
Must be nice to get a whole sheet of paper. In my computer classes we were only allowed half of an IBM card. For you younguns', that's what computer programs were entered with before the modern computers. They wer about 4" x 8" and had holes punched in them using Hollerith Code.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 04:01 PM   #37
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
Must be nice to get a whole sheet of paper. In my computer classes we were only allowed half of an IBM card. For you younguns', that's what computer programs were entered with before the modern computers. They wer about 4" x 8" and had holes punched in them using Hollerith Code.
This is my first class so far where we're allowed to have a "cheat sheet". It's really a joke. My teacher could care less if we actually learn anything. He actually is a dj here, and he gave us his website. www.nathanmusic.com I don't know why he's teaching, money on the side I guess.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #38
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This is my first class so far where we're allowed to have a "cheat sheet". It's really a joke. My teacher could care less if we actually learn anything. He actually is a dj here, and he gave us his website. www.nathanmusic.com I don't know why he's teaching, money on the side I guess.
My instructor's thinking was, if you wrote and rewrote all you needed to know onto the back of half the card, by the time you got to the exam you didn't need the card. No one in the classes ever brought one in.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 05:01 PM   #39
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My instructor's thinking was, if you wrote and rewrote all you needed to know onto the back of half the card, by the time you got to the exam you didn't need the card. No one in the classes ever brought one in.
Yeah back then it makes sense. I learn a lot by copying things. The problem now though is that you can just take all of the power point slides that he has uploaded on his site and paste them all into a word document. Then you just have to delete all the spaces and make it 8pt font size.

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 10:52 AM   #40
ashecnc
In the delivery business :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i Jet Black/Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
My question is WTF are you taking an exam on Sunday night?

Born 10/05 '06 325i Jet Black, Black, Sport Package, Xenon's, Heated Seats & Power, Sat. Prep, Rear Spoiler, Chrome Tips, Blacklines, Chrome Grills, 19" M5 wheels NO MORE run flats, drives like a dream now
Appreciate 0