E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Ran against a friend's GSXR-600 today. . . and won, maybe. . .

04-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #45
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
you've got some 'cred around here so i don't think you're making it up, but i can tell you if that's the case, then your friend can't ride for shiet... and i don't doubt your 335 is fast, but i've absolutely, completely, DESTROYED a couple of ferrari F430's, M6 and M5 (at the same time, man i wish i got that on video... i came across the two of them playing around, and we all ended up racing up sunset from PCH) you name it (besides a veyron) i've seen it, come across it, and if it was exotic enough for me to risk getting hauled off to jail, i took 'em for a walk...

i can hit just shy of 80MPH in FIRST GEAR... there is no way a 335 is keeping up or take out a crotchrocket...

From a stop, i can only think of a couple of cars that can out accelerate a bike...that's the beauty of power to weight ratio...but as soon as it gets up to speed, drag starts to take over and bike suffer horrible horrible drag when going from a roll...i've been riding for 6 years and i race all sorts of cars on the road...i can tell come to a conclusion that a car with 500 or so fly hp can walk a 600 from a roll ,but from a dig, no chance, bus lengths in seconds...

i raced my brother's C6 Z06 from a dig and just decimated him by truck lengths, by the time he was catching up i was already hitting 150mph and had to shut down.

but we also ran from a 60mph roll and he did pull on me slowly.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 01:11 AM   #46
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
From a stop, i can only think of a couple of cars that can out accelerate a bike...that's the beauty of power to weight ratio...but as soon as it gets up to speed, drag starts to take over and bike suffer horrible horrible drag when going from a roll...i've been riding for 6 years and i race all sorts of cars on the road...i can tell come to a conclusion that a car with 500 or so fly hp can walk a 600 from a roll ,but from a dig, no chance, bus lengths in seconds...

i raced my brother's C6 Z06 from a dig and just decimated him by truck lengths, by the time he was catching up i was already hitting 150mph and had to shut down.

but we also ran from a 60mph roll and he did pull on me slowly.
yup, we're probably thinking of the same couple of cars that can outdo a bike, but i haven't come across them, lol...

i had a friend of mine who used to have a camaro SS turbocharged, and he always swore up and down he'd take my 6... one day while he was with some blonde cutie, we ended up bumping into each other at a light... he wanted to go, so i obliged... when the light turned green, i actually let him cross the intersection and then some and didn't start moving until the cars behind me started honking... let's just say by the start of 3rd gear he was already becoming a blur... behind me... he never mentioned anything about racing again... until now... he picked up a E55... but i've walked one of them before too, lolol...

i can't keep talking about this... makes me think about my bike too much, and i can feel a tear coming on... i miss her...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 03:00 AM   #47
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
bus lengths in seconds...

truck lengths

I believe you, I just like the way you described it hahah. Instead of saying 10 car lengths you just said bus lengths and truck lengths haha! I thought that was funny

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #48
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Our camera's broken so I'm on my way to best buy right now to buy a new one. I've been wanting to do exhaust vids too. I'm also about to hang out with my bike riding friend, and called my lightest buddy to be the camera holder and my passenger hah.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #49
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Our camera's broken so I'm on my way to best buy right now to buy a new one. I've been wanting to do exhaust vids too. I'm also about to hang out with my bike riding friend, and called my lightest buddy to be the camera holder and my passenger hah.
Awesome.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 01:30 AM   #50
mklimis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Italian and German

Quote:

DO IT!! DO IT!!!!

"Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise."
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 01:54 AM   #51
Chiggy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, E70 4.8

I went up against my buddy's CBR600RR and got off the line faster than him....lasted for like a second then he took off. 600cc bikes nowadays can do 0-60 times in 3-4s (4s if you are a bad driver) and 1/4mile in like 10-11s. Mind you I didn't have Procede but even with Procede, those figures for a car is reserved for exotics (or a 911 Turbo).
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #52
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggy View Post
I went up against my buddy's CBR600RR and got off the line faster than him....lasted for like a second then he took off. 600cc bikes nowadays can do 0-60 times in 3-4s (4s if you are a bad driver) and 1/4mile in like 10-11s. Mind you I didn't have Procede but even with Procede, those figures for a car is reserved for exotics (or a 911 Turbo).
true that, but procede V2 makes a big difference for the 335, regardless of what your racing. Definitely not trying to say that it would cause you to win against a bike, but you would most certainly be way farther up ahead with some sort of tune for your 335 (except the SSTT)

stock 335 = cool
tuned 335 (except SSTT) = freakin fast

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #53
mklimis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
true that, but procede V2 makes a big difference for the 335, regardless of what your racing. Definitely not trying to say that it would cause you to win against a bike, but you would most certainly be way farther up ahead with some sort of tune for your 335 (except the SSTT)

stock 335 = cool
tuned 335 (except SSTT) = freakin fast
Whats wrong with SSTT?

"Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise."
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #54
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklimis View Post
Whats wrong with SSTT?
Nothing wrong with it. . . but comparing to the other tunes, its not that aggressive.

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #55
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Just picked up a Canon HV30 high def camcorder, shoots in 1080i. But how do I host a video in a way that retains the quality?

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #56
b335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i, 2012 f10 535i

Quote:
Just picked up a Canon HV30 high def camcorder, shoots in 1080i. But how do I host a video in a way that retains the quality?
Definitely not on you tube, host it yourself! Or see if someone will host it for you.

edit: You can convert it to Divx and upload it to Veoh, the site that is trying to recreate stage6
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #57
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b335i View Post
Definitely not on you tube, host it yourself! Or see if someone will host it for you.

edit: You can convert it to Divx and upload it to Veoh, the site that is trying to recreate stage6
I dont know how to host videos. . . .

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #58
b335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i, 2012 f10 535i

Quote:
I dont know how to host videos. . . .
Once you shoot the vid, convert it to divx and then you can upload it to Veoh, like you would on youtube
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #59
mklimis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Nothing wrong with it. . . but comparing to the other tunes, its not that aggressive.
In terms of power delivery? I'm honestly considering SSTT because its the only true plug and play piggyback. I would rather buy the JB stage 2 with the "hot pill" but every time I make a trip to the dealership I'm going to have a field day with the wiring. I'm assuming the Procede wiring is similar, how has your experience been so far??

BTW Can't wait for the vid

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #60
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

damn, this 1080i shooting is nuts haha! But the video's going to have to wait another few days. I have to get a hang of uploading and editing stuff with this camera (I know lots about photography, but sadly, nothing about camcorders and their software)

Also, has anyone else in southern OC, like the laguna niguel, aliso viejo, and mission viejo area noticed how MANY freaking cops have been out these past 2 days?! Holly sh*t, a cruiser every other 5 minutes

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #61
grumpybear
not afraid to call it like I see it
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I saw a 335i outrun an F22 raptor today. Got it on camera, I'll post it as soon as it's uh, edited.........
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #62
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

i never liked dealing with video uploads. . . . having a hard time figuring out how the hell to transfer film from a MiniDV to my computer. I dont even know how to check if I have a DV board (its an 07 HP with vista )

The provided software sucks, and I cant even get the camera to hook up to my laptop right.

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 02:28 AM   #63
gos
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

I don't think he was really trying. A modern 600cc sportbike should be going 60mph in a bit over 3 seconds. Even modded to 400hp, a 335i shouldn't be able to touch that, bike plus rider plus gas still comes in under ~650 lbs.

If you could get the 335i down to about 2500lbs with driver and gas, and it was a 335xi, I might believe it.
      04-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #64
mklimis
Private First Class
Rep

So how about that vid

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 07:14 AM   #65
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

I promised I would make this video, and I still will!!! I ran into so much BS with that camera I bought, and I couldnt justify it's price tag, so I returned it and bought a different one off of ebay, but still an HD one so its all good. So now we just have to wait for this new camera to come in. . . . then we're off to the toll roads!

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #66
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

but I thought you already shot the video so even if you returned the camera, you should still have the file on the memory card, just upload that one while your waiting for the new camera.
Appreciate 0