E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > New E90 Owner

08-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
willms81
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 C63 AMG

New E90 Owner

First, I couldn't find a "noob intro section" so I threw this in off topic. if it needs moved due to being in the wrong section I apologize to the mod/admin team.

Ok, I recently purchased an 07 328i with nearly 90k miles and 6 speed mt, M Sport Package, cold weather package, and a few other goodies that I found when I ran the VIN. She is my first and after the last couple weeks will not be my last BMW.

A little background, I have been into FWD imports for years but decided to come over to the RWD Euro side. I do all of my own maintenance and mods in my garage. It is a favorite hobby/pastime of mine.

As for the 328, after some research I'm seeing not much in the way of engine upgrades other than the 3-stage manifold, tune, I/H/E. i was hoping for cams but looks like that is a no go also. The ESS s/c has my eye as well but I haven't decided if I want to go the FI route just yet.

However, that is putting the proverbial cart before the horse. First thing I need to know is there any known issues that I should address maintenance wise? The car has nearly 90k on her so I assume shocks/struts off the bat (do I need to find a certain set since I have the M Sport Package?). I will also being putting EBC Redstuff ceramic pads on her. I checked the rotors and they are fine. What else will i need to address before it becomes a problem?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

First wash after I brought her home:

Home sweet home:

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
markus037
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2010 328Xi

nice car, i bought my 2010 4 months ago and she hasnt skipped a beat yet. At that mileage it might be a good idea to replace the water pump and thermostat since those common items on those cars. Do a good tuneup and give the car a once-over. These cars are very reliable if maintained. as you have noticed there isnt much you can do to make the car more powerful, but the 335i has its own issues which make the 328i the more reliable of the 2.
      08-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Don't waste your money trying to make it faster. You'll go down a sad money hole.
Just enjoy it.
Appreciate 0