E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E92 325i 2009 NEW ZEALAND (HAWK HPS)

09-08-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
djasonz
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 2009

Smile E92 325i 2009 NEW ZEALAND (HAWK HPS)

Hi All,

I have been a member here for a while but never really post that much.
I am looking to replace my current brake pads that needs replacing. After reading a few reviews on this forum I have decided I would go with Hawk HPS as apparently they do not generate as much dust as the OEM. I cant believe how annoying it is to keep cleaning my wheels every week (specially with all those spokes.)

anyway I cant seem to find any Hawk supplier here in New Zealand that sells the pads for my car and very jealous of you all living in the states.
It is super hard to get e92 parts here in NZ.

So... I was thinking of just getting it from Ebay.

Here are the few questions I need to ask:

1: What is the HAWK HPS product code that will fit my car (front & Rear)?
2. Any recommendation for a good Brake Rotors to replace my OEM that will match the HAWK HPS(no need for BBK)?

3. I recently changed my tyre from Bridgestone Potenza RFT to Falken Non-RFT. and for some reason i cannot reset the tyre pressure warning light. is that because of the Non-RFT tyre or am i just doing it wrong?

I know this is not the section for tyres but i thought it would be better to just keep things in one post. (hope thats ok)

Look forward to Hearing responses hopefully.

Thanks in advance,

Jason
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
I believe the info you will need is on the HAWK website. Try that out and input your car info into the search field.

About the tire reset, do you have TPMS or is it like my Canadian version where it's based on rolling circumference? If it's like mine, then you can reset using the BC button. Scroll to the tire indicator on your computer, then you have to hold reset. Don't just press it. And you have to be stopped with engine on when doing this.

Hope that helps a little.
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 06:47 AM   #3
djasonz
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj.rodriguez View Post
I believe the info you will need is on the HAWK website. Try that out and input your car info into the search field.

About the tire reset, do you have TPMS or is it like my Canadian version where it's based on rolling circumference? If it's like mine, then you can reset using the BC button. Scroll to the tire indicator on your computer, then you have to hold reset. Don't just press it. And you have to be stopped with engine on when doing this.

Hope that helps a little.
Thanks for your reply.
Im Just wondering because on the US Hawk website they do not have any for my specific car which is e92 325i 2009 they only have e92 328i 2009. Im not sure if they use the same pads.

About the Tyre reset, I believe I do not use TPMS because the valve is made of rubber, not sure if that actually is the right way to tell the difference. I can reset using the BC button and have tried holding it until the box appears but cannot get that "tick" on the box :/

btw have you heard of C plus Pads? are they any good?

Anyway thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 06:58 AM   #4
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Hello,

I just did some searching around on realOEM and discovered that the 325 and 328 use the same pad part number. You should be okay going with the 328 pad shape.

Back to tire pressure reset. Get it to the check box then release the BC button then hold it again until the check mark actually appears. That is how I do it. And yes the rubber valve stem is an indicator of no tpms. I have the same thing up in canada.

I've heard something about c plus pads but don't remember where. Do a couple searches for reviews and I'm sure you'll find something! Sorry I can't help with that.

I hope that helps!
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
djasonz
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Hello,

I just did some searching around on realOEM and discovered that the 325 and 328 use the same pad part number. You should be okay going with the 328 pad shape.

Back to tire pressure reset. Get it to the check box then release the BC button then hold it again until the check mark actually appears. That is how I do it. And yes the rubber valve stem is an indicator of no tpms. I have the same thing up in canada.

I've heard something about c plus pads but don't remember where. Do a couple searches for reviews and I'm sure you'll find something! Sorry I can't help with that.

I hope that helps!
Thanks Again for your help,

It really helps alot now knowing 328i and 325i uses the same pads.

About the tyre reset, I have tried holding it a very2 long time and still no tick for some reason. I was able to do it once before just after i Changed tyres to Non RFT

Could Changing tyres from RFT to NON-RFT be the reason?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #6
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Changing from RFT to nonRFT shouldn't make a difference at all. I just did a tire reset last night and what I did was I went to the indicator and it just says reset. I pressed the button once and let go and then I held it until the check came out. Try it that way.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 02:10 AM   #7
djasonz
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Changing from RFT to nonRFT shouldn't make a difference at all. I just did a tire reset last night and what I did was I went to the indicator and it just says reset. I pressed the button once and let go and then I held it until the check came out. Try it that way.
I tried that, but unfortunately it didnt work. The tyre pressure warning only shows up when i start the car but does not stay on when i drive. :/
but thanks for your help. Very much appreciated.
Appreciate 0