E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2015 Hankook 24Hour Dubai

12-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

2015 Hankook 24Hour Dubai

In the 2015 24h dubai, 14 BMW race cars will fight for strong results. Back in 2011, the BMW Z4 GT3 of Schubert Motorsport won the race can Jorg Muller do it this year??

Jorg Miller to compete in 24H Dubai.

The BMW works driver's 2015 racing season will start shortly after the turn of the year.

(Dec 15, 2014, BMW Motorsport)

From 8th to 10th January, 2015, Mller will compete in the 24-hour race in Dubai. He will start for the MPB Racing team and will share the cockpit of a BMW M235i Racing with Matias Henkola, Stephan Kuhs and Bernhard Henzel. 2015 will see the tenth edition of the 24H Dubai. BMW privateer teams have registered a total of 15 BMW race cars in the various classes.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 01-15-2015 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Cyndie Allemann to race at the Hankook 24H DUBAI 2015
The popular Swiss race car driver and media personality will take some time off her usual schedule with AMG and on TV to participate in the famous 24 Hours of Dubai on January 8-9-10.

Zürich, Switzerland – Cyndie was invited by Car Point S Racing Team to race on their Seat Leon Supercopa in the A3T class, with teammate Daniel Schmieglitz. The objective is a class win.

“I’m really looking forward to take part in this race. I'm already antsy and can't wait to get on track.

”After the Le Mans and Nürburgring, as well as Dubai in 2011, this will be Cyndie's fourth 24-hour race in her career. “I participated at the 24 Hours of Dubai in 2011 and I had a blast. I have awesome memories of the event and the reception from the organization. This is the reason why I accepted the offer from Car Point S Racing Team without hesitation. I really want to thank them for the opportunity.”

Already preparing her 2015 racing season, Cyndie also considers this chance as the best way to start the new year: “It will be a good training for me to be in shape for the 2015 season, since I do want to compete in more races this year.”

In addition to Car Point S Racing Team, Cyndie will also be supported by MERBAGRETAIL.CH and LeasePlan Emirates. She will be on track at Dubai Autodrome on January 8 for practice and qualifying, and January 9 and 10 for the race.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 01-06-2015 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Now, on to the race news:

Live timing is Available
Wednesday January 7th
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Broadcasting schedule Hankook 24H DUBAI 2015:

•Thursday 8 January
13:15 CET | 16:15 local time : Qualifying
15:30 CET | 18:30 local time : Night Practice

•Friday 9 January
10:30 CET | 13:30 local time : Start Full 24H live-TV broadcast
10:30 CET | 13:30 local time : Start grid
11:00 CET | 14:00 local time : Start of the race
17:00 CET | 20:00 local time : Fireworks

•Saturday 10 January
11:00 CET | 14:00 local time : Finish
11:15 CET | 14:15 local time : Podium ceremony and interviews
11:30 CET | 14:30 local time : End Full 24H live-TV broadcast

You can view the live broadcasting on 24hseries.com including 9 onboard camera's.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

A record 95 teams on the 2015 entry grid, the 10th Anniversary!

Entry List:

Last edited by 954Stealth; 01-06-2015 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 08:43 AM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

***TRIPE 888 PRESS RELEASE 888***

Triple Eight head to Dubai for debut in annual Middle Eastern Enduro
http://www.tripleeight.co.uk/news/it...eastern-enduro
( Tuesday, 06 January 2015 )

■ Debut appearance for Triple Eight in 24-hour racing
■ Furthest race the team has contested, some 4,500 miles from HQ
■ Line-up includes 2012 SP3 class winners Osborne and Mowle

Triple Eight Racing will make its debut in the one of the most demanding races in the world, the Hankook 24 Hours of Dubai, this week (8-10 January 2015) for its first attempt at a 24-hour race, armed with the venerable BMW Z4 GT3 to take part in the A6 class and contest overall honours.

Joe Osborne (GBR), Lee Mowle (GBR), Jacques Duyver (BEL) and Charlie Hollings (GBR) will drive the #8 BMW, and all four have past experience of endurance events, with Osborne and Mowle Dubai 24H SP3 class victors in 2012 with Optimum Motorsport.

Previously, the longest race contested by the Greatworth-based team was the final race of the Blancpain Endurance Series, the Nürburgring 1000km, some six hours in duration – a mere quarter of the length of the Dubai 24.

“Competing at a 24 hour race is always special," said Keith Cheetham, Triple Eight Racing’s GT Programme Director. "It's the ultimate proving ground for a race team and is highly important ahead of the 2015 season. With little else happening on track in January, all eyes focus on this race, so a good result is critical. It’s our first 24-hour race as Triple Eight, which is an important box to tick, but the experience of both the crew and the driving talent is high and we’re optimistic about what we can realistically achieve.

“The rule of events like this are to ensure that first of all the car finishes; a podium would get 2015 started in the right way that’s for sure, but I’d be lying if I said we ever go to a race with anything other than winning in mind.”

Across the board hopes are high for success in Triple Eight’s Dubai debut with the BMW Z4. Three of the past nine victors have been produced by the Bavarian marque (the last in 2011), and since the end of the 2014 race season, the new GT crew assembled by Cheetham (himself appointed in August 2014), have worked closely with BMW Motorsport to understand the intricacies of the Z4.

The combination of two driver pairings that have been cemented for over four years is critical to the preparation of longer race events, and there are few Pro-Am relationships that have lasted quite as long as that of Joe Osborne and Lee Mowle. The pairing have worked together since 2011 and this will be the fourth consecutive 24 Hours of Dubai the pair has contested together.

Osborne, had a mixed 2014, hampered by an unflattering Balance of Performance for the Z4 in British GT, while tasting success in the Blancpain Endurance Series with MP Motorsports’ Aston Martin. The BRDC SuperStar is particularly excited about getting back racing after the off-season and even more so about that return being in Dubai.

"The event is huge and very important, it’s great to be a part of it,” said Osborne. “It’s a real cliché to say it’s a long race, but it is. There can be surprises that come up, especially with 90 plus cars taking the start. It’ll be great to put the Z4 through its paces on another F1-spec track having driven this before in the Ginetta. Lee’s great fun to drive with and I know this race is as important for him as it is for me. He’s hungry for success and wants to right some wrongs, so we’re not short of ambition. Triple Eight really have got a fantastic team together and we now have some particularly useful people on-board, so we shouldn’t struggle to adapt to the Hankook rubber and won’t be chasing a setup in those vital qualifying sessions.”

Triple Eight’s co-owner, Mowle, is looking to start 2015 in the best way possible and with two seasons of British GT under his belt in the Z4, has the experience required to push for a class result.

“I feel confident we can get a decent result out of the race,” commented Mowle. “It’s exciting to be part of Triple Eight’s first foray in 24 hour racing, and we’ve made progress with the Z4, so hopefully we should be there or there abouts at the end of the race; the fast and flowing nature of the Dubai circuit will suit the BMW. With such a big field of cars and varying levels of experience I think we’ll see quite a few code 60s, and certainly the opening part of the race could be a bit hairy and will require a sensible head.

“Jacques and Charlie are a welcome addition to the team, we’ve got to know each other well from competing against each other over the past two years, so it will be great to have them in our garage; hopefully everything aligns and I’d love to see us on the podium on Saturday afternoon.”

The twice-around-the-clock endurance classic will be the first time that Duyver and Hollings have raced the Z4 GT3, with the majority of Duyver’s experience coming in Ferraris where he has raced GT3 and Challenge spec 458s. Since the tail end of the 2014 race season Duyver and Hollings have completed just shy of 700 kilometers in the BMW and found it easy to drive over a mix of long and short runs. Despite having not raced in a 24-hour race before, Belgian businessman Duyver is up for the challenge.

“I’ve not raced in Dubai before," adds Duyver. "The race has a lot of appeal for me and has challenges that I haven’t experienced to date. There’s a huge grid of cars, all at varying speeds, so it will be a marked difference to the sprint and same class endurance racing I’ve done previously; it adds another dimension to one’s driving skills.

“It’s my first time racing the BMW and I’m pleased Charlie and I have an opportunity to run with Triple Eight in Dubai. I tested the car in early 2014 and it felt like something I’d not experienced before and I knew it was a car I’d like to race one day, so when Lee said there were seats available, I was only too happy to get involved. I know the team would like to go for a class win, but as we all know, there are so many factors that need to work in ones favor in a 24-hour race. Personally my goals are to do a double stint in the car at a good and consistent pace, and set myself up for Spa and maybe even Le Mans in the years to come.”

Hollings has no shortage of 24-hour experience, and was in the Dubai 24 pole-sitting car in 2012 before a mechanical issue saw the car retired after five hours of racing. The British racer is hopeful of a good weekend and looking forward to working with Triple Eight.

Hollings: “Dubai is getting bigger every season and the list of drivers and teams competing continues to get stronger; it’s up there with Daytona, Spa, Nurburgring and Le Mans. To be driving for a team like Triple Eight gives a huge amount of confidence in the race too. It's also great for Jacques and I to be able to team up with Lee and Joe. We all know each other well and there will be a great atmosphere between us I'm sure."

The 2015 Hankook 24 Hours of Dubai weekend begins on Thursday 8th January with two free practice sessions in the morning, before three qualifying sessions and a night practice. The race itself gets underway on Friday 9th January at 14:00 local time (10:00 GMT), with live coverage of the race in the UK on Motors TV (Freeview 71/240 - Sky 447 - Virgin 545 - Youview 71) with coverage starting at 09:30 GMT.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #8
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Ahhh, great to know that race season is slowly starting up!!!
      01-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 1
      01-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #10
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Streaming live right now on:

http://www.24hseries.com/live
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #11
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post

I love night racing!! It looks good
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post

Thanks for the heads-up; I added this to my OP for now
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #13
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Black Falcon is doing well!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #14
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

MPB Racing's M235i Racing just came in to pit
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #15
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Sorg Rennsport's BMW is 32nd currently ... I hope those guys can move up the grid a bit more
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Tripe 888 is 25th ... alright not too shabby it's a large field of cars
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #17
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thanks! RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      01-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #18
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Podium
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #19
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

BMW roundup summary:

The first endurance classic of the season, the 24 Hours of Dubai, took place on Friday and Saturday. Eighty nine cars went head to head in nine classes, with privateer BMW teams claiming two class victories.

The Racingdivas by Las Moras team won in the BMW M235i Racing Cup class, which was making its first appearance in Dubai. The Dutch trio of Liesette Braams, Sandra van der Sloot and Gaby Uljee, supported by VLN driver Max Partl, dominated their class and finished a strong 23rd overall after the 530 laps. Second and third in the class went to the Sorg Rennsport and Race-House Motorsport teams. The Mission Possible by Sorg Rennsport project, which gave four drivers with walking disabilities the opportunity to compete in the 24-hour race at the wheel of a specially modified BMW M235i Racing, finished fifth in the class.

The second class victory went to the Hofor-Küpper Racing team. Bernd Küpper, Martin Kroll, Chantal Kroll, Sarah Toniutti and Hal Prewitt came through to secure the win in their BMW M3 Coupé. The Triple Eight team finished seventh in the Pro-Am class in a BMW Z4 GT3.

Appreciate 0