E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Macworld

01-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #23
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Thanks for the quick response. The thing is, I currently have 12 gigs of music on my computer and that number is constantly increasing. I want to be able to have enough room to also store some pictures and some movies, too. I just don't really feel like I should be worrying about space for $400.

I'm still undecided about jailbreaking. Are the extra apps you can add really worth it? I guess I need to do more research on it. What sort of apps are available?

Thanks for the ebay tip, I never really thought about selling it when another comes out. I guess I thought it would depreciate more. Thanks for the reply!
I have 30 gigs of music, 80 gigs of movies that i rip from netflix(so far just started using netflix). But that is for my desktop. Yes $400 is a lot and I wish I could put that all on my itouch but fact is I can't. And truthfully most of the songs i dont listen to, the movies are there just to have and photos are just there.

Also I can't see why you are undecided about jailbreaking. Not trying to sound like a dick but heres my advice. Do it. It is fool proof. If anything fucks up you just reset your iphone or itouch. You get a ton of apps including chat, email, weather, Nintendo games, playstation games, list goes on and on.

Oh and more proof Ebay is great. I put my 8gig itouch up on ebay. Well I just sold it outside of Ebay to a guy who saw it and lives in Ukraine. Great thing is he bought it for $330 buy it now. Thats $30 more than I payed. So now I am getting a 16gig for cheaper than it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysopendoors View Post
Any news on a 2nd generation iPhone?

I just picked up a 2.2 ghz Macbook and an 8 gb nano, and lets just say the apple bug has bitten me pretty hard. I would like to pickup an iPhone, but dont want to grab the current version if a new one is on the horizon (i know the current one has been out for less than a year, but they release new products pretty quickly)
There is going to be a second gen iphone this year for sure. It will have 3g and maybe some other new features.
      01-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #24
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
So...MacBook Air.

I am still not sold on the lack of optical drive, but I am curious about the ability to control a second computer's optical drive wirelessly. I know they state that it can be done for installation of programs, etc...but what about if I want to burn a CD-R or DVD-R??? Can I control other drives and do that also???
      01-15-2008, 11:01 PM   #25
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Macbook air is garbage to me. Looks nice but truthfully @ 1700. Id rather get a MAcbook Pro those are thin and have amazing specs.
      01-15-2008, 11:19 PM   #26
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
While I love my MBP, it is a bit on the heavy side. I say it's the build quality that makes it heavy.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #27
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Build quality ftw
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 02:03 AM   #28
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
So, I have been trying to read about this new machine. I guess I am just abit disappointed.

Bottom line...I have been waiting for a new MBP that would be the equivalent of a modern version of the 12"Powerbook. I am ready to replace my heavy, old Dell..but I do not want the macbook (looks like a toy) and I was hoping to gain some portability (reason I have not purchased 15"/17" MBP.)

But instead of releasing a new MBP......I got a new--3rd machine. Its very thin, and looks freaking nice. BUT....its no MBP update. Although it will likely have a great response in sales...I am not sure its what I have been waiting for in regards to putting my Dell into retirement.

If I was looking for a 2nd machine....I would really think about getting the MacBook Air. But I still need a new primary machine.....so I think I just might have to wait abit more and see how things pan out with early adopters.

I will definitely check them out when to come to the stores and see this beauty in person, but I have a feeling that I will have to take a pass at the end of the day.
      01-16-2008, 03:13 AM   #29
lvlolvlo
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: eeeee nein-tee-two

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
macbook pro and macbook air.... i wish i could get the SSD one.. too much $$$
Appreciate 0