E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > California Vacation Ideas(or better)

02-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #23
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I'd check Groupon, Living Social and Amazon Local. They have a ton of places for cheap in SoCal. I don't know about NorCal or Central Cali, but Santa Barbara is generally pretty expensive for an old ass room.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #24
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannable View Post
Prob under 1k for 5 days. It's got to be a cheap trip. No parks, I live in central fl. Ocean and nature parks mainly. I have a lot of travel rewards so most cost will be eating and doing things.
San Fran?

So much to do in that area. Wine country, great seafood, Alcatraz, shopping, half moon bay, Palo Alto, Golden Gate national park, the Embarcado...
      02-22-2014, 02:01 AM   #25
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

If just you and the wife.

One of my favorite vacations, when I was in CA. I did a beautiful sceneic drive from Sacramento to San Fransico through the heart of wine country. Was with the gf and just stayed at a couple of different bed n breakfast, while sampling great wine and food all the way. We did a a few nights out in SF before heading back.

It didn't break the bank and was a lot of fun especially driving the M3
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 02:19 AM   #26
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannable
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
San Diego

Road trip up pch, Stop on Santa Barbara, Monterey, cross the golden gate, end up in Napa for some wine and/or Calistoga for a massage and/or mud bath

Yosemite, not the best time if year for that

Tahoe, one of my favorite spots
Im leaning to this idea
Do it. It's an awesome drive. Make sure you drive through big sur.
      02-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #27
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
If just you and the wife.

One of my favorite vacations, when I was in CA. I did a beautiful sceneic drive from Sacramento to San Fransico through the heart of wine country. Was with the gf and just stayed at a couple of different bed n breakfast, while sampling great wine and food all the way. We did a a few nights out in SF before heading back.

It didn't break the bank and was a lot of fun especially driving the M3
I do look forward to driving some costal roads. It wast much more to rent a camero 1lt but I passed.

Edit: 1lt means shit
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 10:20 PM   #28
Petrosexual
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Roadster

As a local, I like Solvang as a great local getaway. Lots of nice wineries in the area. Stay there or over in Pismo beach. Day trips into SLO or Santa Barbara.
Appreciate 0