E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Penn State... wtf?

07-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Penn State... wtf?

Is it just me, or does it seem like the folks in Happy Valley keep digging themselves into a deeper hole these days?
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...paterno-statue
      07-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

Penn State is so dumb, their culture is going to be what gets them hefty fines. This article helps explain some of the things that can be levied towards Penn State: http://wvthings.wordpress.com/2012/0...organizations/

Some insight to the true Joe Paterno
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/15/us/tri...ate/index.html

In the end, I seriously hope the NCAA brings sanctions against them, harsh one's. I have been thinking of another possible outlook the NCAA should be looking at. I keep reading people saying this only hurts the current people and not those directly involved. The current state of Penn State is mentality that no outsider has the right to do anything they don't believe in; which is of course what helped the university get themselves into this mess.

Financially speaking, Penn State has reaped around $700 million of net profit during the time period that they have covered up this horrible incident(s). The NCAA has profit sharing for every school involved in college athletics because they are a not-for-profit organization. During the period in which the acts occured, Penn State was reaping financial benefits not only from the NCAA but the state of Pennsylvania themselves. The NCAA would have jurisdiction to do so since these funds were accrued during a criminal conspiracy directly correlating with the athletic department; more specific the football program. The money that is spread out among the conferences is made up of revenue from the bowl games, apparrel, etc.. The NCAA has direct oversight when it comes to ways universities are allowed to generate revenue from their sporting events. Maybe some people should look at the financial side of this as to why the university would cover up something like this..... because Penn State operates like a business where football is a very good revenue stream.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Geauxkart
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe Sepang

I used to be so proud that I graduated from Penn State... Now I am just glad I wasn't too athletic.
Good thing I've got enough experience to never put that on a resume again!!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ederal-lawsuit

Penn State has shown that the gross majority of their student body and alumni base has learned nothing from this. The main measure the NCAA must take now is giving them the death penalty and to point out it is the DIRECT result of their board of trustee's who filed a motion showing the culture of Penn State is unwilling to change from their football first ways. I wouldn't even stop there. I hope the accredidation board actually reviews their case now and see's how they grossly ignored their code of conduct resulting in them losing their status. I hope the NCAA kicks them out entirely and forces them to resubmit their application to rejoin with all the universities having a say. I hope both the state and federal funding stop being paid to Penn State. I hope since they broke the Cleary Act, they are fined any and all revenue made in the years the Sandusky coverup started. I hope the Big10 is looking at this in disgust and decides to kick them out. The school doesn't deserve to exist anymore.

If I was an alumni of that horrible school, I would be going nuts over the stupidity of my trustee's.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Yep.

We in this country hold a University sports club to a higher level of moral conduct than the Catholic Church.

Yep.

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

wow, the sense of denial is appalling there.

These messed up trustees need to go. Their sole purpose is for the benefit of the University. They are doing just the opposite. If I was an alumni of PSU, I'd be livid. If I was a student or professor at PSU, I'd be livid. Why can't they strike to show they are against the trustees, against child rape, and for the benefit of PSU as it stands right now.

Last I heard, PSU stood for Penn State University, and not Penn State Football. Most of the people there are students and professors... cancel classes until the trustees are out. You'd be surprised how quickly things turn around there. That is, of couse, assuming academics are still their #1 priority.
      08-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

It is not about education there.... Penn State is an institution focused on revenue.... and a very key aspect of their revenue stream has been cut off. I can't wait to see Big10 games with fans in the crowd holding Pedo State University signs. If the Big10 conference themselves don't speak up about this, it utterly proves all they care about is the lining in their pockets and not their students.
Appreciate 0