E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Arguments

01-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Arguments

This is probably going to be a downer thread for most of you, but I figured you would ask beings that I assume the majority of us share similar hobbies and perhaps morals? Idk... Flame away if you must

I have to write an argumentation essay (Pretty much as generic as it gets when it comes to writing, I know.. ) for my English Comp 120 class.

Ideas? I would prefer to not write about topics that are intensely discussed. Stupid cliche' media shit like, abortion, same sex relationships, the death penalty, ect ect are no no's to me. I find them to be boring on another level.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

is the ipad really a piece of shit?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

easy topic: write about BMW cars compared to others in it's class (IS350, A4, C350, etc.). Argue how BMW should be/is the best in its segment.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
easy topic: write about BMW cars compared to others in it's class (IS350, A4, C350, etc.). Argue how BMW should be/is the best in its segment.
better yet, a dissection of why the 335 is the fastest car ever made.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Is there a DOG after all?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Argue why breast feeding is better than bottle feeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Or just argue why your 335i is faster than Blakes M3 for 20 grand less.

I kid... I kid... Just poking fun of the 335i vs M3 crap that strolls up periodically.
________
List of Chrysler factories

Last edited by stimpy; 02-04-2011 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 335 COUPE

defend drunk driving
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Is torture ever acceptable?

Do we have a fair taxation system?

Is cheating out of control?

Are law enforcement cameras an invasion of privacy? (Big one for us AZ folk)

Do violent video games cause behavior problems?

Technology makes communication easier in today's world. Many people choose to work at home in front of a computer screen. What danger does the society face depending on computer screens rather than face-to-face contact as the main means of communication? Are we the prisoners of the progress?

Should the animals be used for scientific research? Is it humanly?

Should the "Right to Die" be Considered a Right?
Euthanasia as a way of relieving ill people's pain and save them from the tortures of their illness. Do we have the right to take people's life, if after all life is the greatest charisma?

Should sex education be increased in schools in an attempt to curb problems such as teenage pregnancy?

Is our election process fair? (stupid electoral!)

Should the government provide health care?
________
cannabis news

Last edited by stimpy; 02-04-2011 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

outsourcing

carbon imprint left behind by dogs vs cars

335i vs s4 (audi made a commercial out of it and i for one have a different opinion)

airport x-ray body scan
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Is torture ever acceptable?

Do we have a fair taxation system?

Is cheating out of control?

Are law enforcement cameras an invasion of privacy? (Big one for us AZ folk)

Do violent video games cause behavior problems?

Technology makes communication easier in today's world. Many people choose to work at home in front of a computer screen. What danger does the society face depending on computer screens rather than face-to-face contact as the main means of communication? Are we the prisoners of the progress?

Should the animals be used for scientific research? Is it humanly?

Should the "Right to Die" be Considered a Right?
Euthanasia as a way of relieving ill people's pain and save them from the tortures of their illness. Do we have the right to take people's life, if after all life is the greatest charisma?

Should sex education be increased in schools in an attempt to curb problems such as teenage pregnancy?

Is our election process fair? (stupid electoral!)

Should the government provide health care?
Would def classify as generic topics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I like Hahah.

Quote:
O.o ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Argue why breast feeding is better than bottle feeding
/thread
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #12
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Argue why the girl who sits next to you in class should sleep with you.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

which tune is better...JB3 or PROcede
      01-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
is the ipad really a piece of shit?

01-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #15
JeF4y
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 X1 35i M-sport

Shaved/Waxed VS Buckwheat on a bad hair-day

Prev: 09 Z4 35i Black w/white napa leather & every option possible =)
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #16
Cosmop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Write about why anybody would voluntarily live in the coldest city in the continental United States.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #17
Derek Zoolander
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmop View Post
Write about why anybody would voluntarily live in the coldest city in the continental United States.
Easy... a well-paying job.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #18
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander View Post
Easy... a well-paying job.

This shall be maaaa topic

What keeps me in North Dakota. Answer? Our rock solid Economy.

Thanks Cosmop
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #19
Cosmop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Glad I could help

That's what keeps me in Texas too, but it's a lot warmer down here.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #20
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep

Totally strayed away from my original topic.. But what I came up with was pretty decent for a 120 level class.

GOOD ENOUGH. I found it very odd that the professor wanted personal experiences, as it was a formal paper. So the tid bits about me being a 5th grader are naturally out of place. I think the paper would be better suited with out them..... Also, I am sure there are some little grammar errors, I truly dont care, as a C or B is good enough for me

Questioning Common Belief
The events that occurred on September 11, 2001, are truly something that will be deep-seated in the minds of many, if not all, Americans for numerous years to come. Immediately following the first plane collision, it wasn’t clear if it was intentionally piloted, or if it was plainly an accident. It rang clear that this was unmistakably, not a mistake, when the second plane collided into the South Tower some 15 minutes later. The third plane’s onslaught on the Pentagon, coincided with the fourth plane’s crash, was just reassurance for me as a 5th grader studying science and the rest of America that what was happening was unquestionably not a mishap. We, the people of the United States, were ever so hungry for an answer in the wake of the tragedy. The nation speculated it was a terrorist attack. These preconceived notions were indeed confirmed by President Bush later that morning, as he addressed the nation. However, not everyone was biting into the “truth.”
Speculations surfaced as time went on. People began to point their fingers at the United States Government, with conspiracy theories that are still widely debated. Issues like the stock market’s rise during the few days’ prior and missing money being discussed by Donald Rumsfeld the day before are both dilemmas that potentially point the finger at our own government. People who believe the government is to blame also argue that the 19 terrorists that executed the attacks were incapable of such actions and that Al Qaida was not the reamer of these occurrences. The United State’s government is not to be held responsible for such attacks. One must truly educate themselves on the facts to undoubtedly confirm the widely accepted truth.
“In the days leading up to the 9-11 attacks, a record number of stocks, hundreds of millions of dollars worth, from the companies that would be devastated on September 11, such as United and American airlines, were sold off” (“The Truth”). What does this mean? “The Truth behind 9-11”, an article that states the United States government plotted the events of 9-11, suggests that the rise in the stock market was somehow correlated with government actions. Certainly an interesting point to support the theory that the attacks were government funded and backed as an excuse to go to war.
On other financial issues, the day before 9-11 the Secretary of Defense at the time, Donald Rumsfeld, informed the nation that 2.3 trillion dollars of funds were missing from the Pentagon and could not be accounted for (“The Truth”). What this suggests is certainly subjective. Believers of a government attack might advocate that the money was perhaps used to aid the offensive against its very own nation, and the rest was pocketed for future war production costs against its true enemies. With the impending events littering the press the next day, Rumsfeld’s announcement was quickly forgotten.
Perhaps two of the more interesting point of views are that Osama bin Laden and Al Qaida are not held responsible for these events. Also, “If we are to believe the corporate media and military industrial war machine, 19 Arabs armed only with concealed Stanley Knife-type blades and pepper spray, and funded by Bin Laden, somehow changed the course of world history on 9-11-01, and that’s the beginning and end of it” (“The Truth”). Maybe it is indeed not at all possible for 19 Arabs to do what they did. And it subjectively could be that, if indeed the American Government is responsible, Al Qaida is not responsible. Lets take a closer look.
Sure, it definitely isn’t possible for 19 terrorists to execute something like 9-11, but that’s exactly what this claim lacks. It wasn’t just 19 terrorists; the attack was planned and master minded by Al Qaida’s very own Osama bin Laden and a veteran Jihadist, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, aka KSM (Staff Statement NO. 16). It was KSM who coordinated and appointed these 19 terrorists. It was Al Qaida, collectively as a group, who put forward the estimated 500,000 dollars for the attacks (Staff Statement NO. 16). These were not just any ordinary 19 terrorists. These select few individuals spent hundreds of hours training in the gym, airstrip, and library (Staff Statement NO. 16). For one to imply that they were simply random individuals is naïve. The fact of the matter is, various Al Qaida leaders have proudly held themselves responsible, and they acknowledge their involvement in the events. Al Qaida is the self-proclaimed culprit, and the 19 are indeed very well capable. Let’s examine the other theories stated earlier.
“The 9/11 Commission investigated this issue in detail, concluding, “Some unusual trading did in fact occur, but each such trade proved to have an innocuous explanation.”(“Top Conspiracy”). We cannot prematurely assign the government responsible for such trades, as they do not have the power or means to influence stocks that are owned by millions of individuals around the world. Perhaps one might think they have the power to do so, but are we forgetting about the other shifters in the economy that play out on day-to-day basis? We cannot simply ignore these shifters and blame the government for this bizarre financial episode.
Now, let’s discuss the missing money the day prior to 9-11. Indeed the money did perhaps vanish, as the government would probably like us to believe. It’s no secret that our government knows how to spend money and not account for it, so how can we hold the dollar amount of 2.3 trillion as an actual amount missing? Historically speaking, the government is rarely able to explain its expenditures; therefore, we cannot correlate the date of this announcement with the events that occurred on September 11th. Although it was probably in some way used for war-related goods, with military spending as high as it was during the Bush Era, we cannot brand this 2.3 trillion to America’s apparent suicidal attack, as there is simply no evidence supporting this theory.
It personally angers me that people would put something like this on the shoulders of our government. Although all these conspiracy theories point their finger at the government with convincing conviction, the facts point elsewhere. It becomes very clear once we take a look at all of these points with a broader, less biased perspective, that the majority of them are not very well founded. Our government is in place to protect us, not attack and abuse us. Therefore, it simply isn’t logical, plausible, or reasonable to put the deaths of over 3,500 people on the shoulder of the United States government. It was clear for me as a 5th grader watching CNN in the middle of my school day, and it is clear to me now as a college freshmen. What happened on September 11, 2001, was plainly an external attack on our great country.

Work Cited

Staff Statement NO. 16, . "Outline of the 9/11 Plot." Government Information.edu. 16
Jun 2004. National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, Web. 1 Feb 2010.
<http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/hearings/hearing12.htm>.
"THE TRUTH BEHIND 9-11." nstarzone.com. Web. 31 Jan 2010.
<http://nstarzone.com/WAR.html>.
"The Top September 11 Conspiracy Theories." America.gov. 05 May 2009. United
States Government, Web. 1 Feb 2010. <http://www.america.gov/st/webchatenglish/2009/May/20060828133846esnamfuaK0.2676355.html>.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #21
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
6MT vs DCT
      02-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #22
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
6MT vs DCT
I was thinking close to to the same thing.

Why it's more beneficial to drive a 6MT over an auto.
Appreciate 0