E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help! (This girl needs color advice.)

05-15-2006, 08:33 PM   #67
DanielleS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpine/Gray 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by poldim
My girl comment wasn't directed as any type of offensive comment. I was simply using it as you did to reffer to yourself. I would hope that since you are buying your own car, you will find the guts to go through it as you feel necessary. If that requires a middle man, go for it.

Personally, I think this guy already has a friend at a dealership that he constantly buys from, and he is going to give you his price that he has already predetermined. I think dealing with a salesman is part of the deal, but I think whatever your job applicant told you, was rare occasional things.

Face the facts, you have a few thousand members on the forums that will tell you about their experiences and how painless they were. But ultimately, the choice is upto you.
I have really found everyone to be REALLY nice on this site. Thanks for the clarification. I might actually take a "risk" on go down to the car dealership tonight. Here in California, they are open EVERY day. So there is really no time to "sneak" over there...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #68
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Try 5AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 11:59 PM   #69
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [10.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Titanium Silver is definitely and unmistakably metalic which is why I love it so much. I also have to say I have not seen many pictures on this board that really do the color justice. It's such an amazing color to see in person on the E90, especially with the 18" 162's, they just set it off so perfectly.
      05-16-2006, 01:37 AM   #70
Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer
Titanium Silver is definitely and unmistakably metalic which is why I love it so much. I also have to say I have not seen many pictures on this board that really do the color justice. It's such an amazing color to see in person on the E90, especially with the 18" 162's, they just set it off so perfectly.
Correct. BMW Ti. Silver is different compared to other brands. It's much bright and sparking.
      05-16-2006, 02:21 AM   #71
climkt
Bimmer Manual all the way
Singapore
Rep
Drives: e90 320i manual

hi danielle, i think u should try to seee all the colours in the flesh before making the final decision. brochure colours all look a bit different compared to real life. i was fortunate on the day that i confimed my colour choice because the showroom had 6 e90 cars parked side by side , all in the 6 most popular colours and i chose SG in the end.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 07:21 AM   #72
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
Try 5AM.
That might not work tho, she needs to see it at dawn, noon, and dust. cuz color do varies according to light.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 08:03 AM   #73
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 320i

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
well, when u choose the colour, u have to consider other facts other than look (they might not b as important as look but worth considering)

maybe ur not the kind of person who washes her car daily, this means choosing dark colors will b a problem, dark colours looks better when they r clean, n look worse when they r dirty.
I know a guy who owns a black car, if 1 week passes without him cleaning it, he'll find writings on the car saying "clean me"
just bunch of kids removing the dust with thier fingers

but 4 me that wasnt a problem, but another factor we look at here is the hot weather, dark exterior or interior will b a nightmare in summer, that's y i choose the Alpine white n light biege interior

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 10:03 PM   #74
DanielleS
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just to update those who have been patient enough to keep reading this thread... Yesterday I did venture down to a dealership. (Remember, I'm using a car broker and avoided the dealers.) I was pleased in that the saleman did not pressure me at all. As a matter of fact, he left me alone for 10-15 minutes after we talked so that I could think and look a little more. The sad part of the story, is that when I left the dealership, I was more confused than ever! At one point, I told myself that I would put off buying my car for another six months.

Today, I'm back in the car buying mode but still have not made a decision about color. By now, all the people on this post have moved on to "other" things I'm sure!! ;-)

My question- and hopefully I'm not repeating myself... IF BMW was to announce any other colors available in their 3-series sedans, WHEN would they do it. Do you have several months lead time? (I ask because if I knew of another grey color being offered, I might be willing to wait a few more months. But I guess
it's a gamble of the dice....)
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 10:06 PM   #75
DanielleS
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW320i
well, when u choose the colour, u have to consider other facts other than look (they might not b as important as look but worth considering)

maybe ur not the kind of person who washes her car daily, this means choosing dark colors will b a problem, dark colours looks better when they r clean, n look worse when they r dirty.
I know a guy who owns a black car, if 1 week passes without him cleaning it, he'll find writings on the car saying "clean me"
just bunch of kids removing the dust with thier fingers

but 4 me that wasnt a problem, but another factor we look at here is the hot weather, dark exterior or interior will b a nightmare in summer, that's y i choose the Alpine white n light biege interior
We have lots of summer dust in Fresno, California too. Anyone else have "dust" stories? How did you decide to cope?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 10:31 PM   #76
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
I think BMW suppressed the E46 's nice Titanium Silver Grey color due to the fact that the SG is a replacement of it. I must say I (we) love Titanium Silver Grey much much over Titanium Silver. The issue about a plain silver car is its 'original color' changes/fades more significantly according to surround lightings( especially under dim light) like a old mirror.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 07:19 PM   #77
Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleS
Just to update those who have been patient enough to keep reading this thread... Yesterday I did venture down to a dealership. (Remember, I'm using a car broker and avoided the dealers.) I was pleased in that the saleman did not pressure me at all. As a matter of fact, he left me alone for 10-15 minutes after we talked so that I could think and look a little more. The sad part of the story, is that when I left the dealership, I was more confused than ever! At one point, I told myself that I would put off buying my car for another six months.

Today, I'm back in the car buying mode but still have not made a decision about color. By now, all the people on this post have moved on to "other" things I'm sure!! ;-)

My question- and hopefully I'm not repeating myself... IF BMW was to announce any other colors available in their 3-series sedans, WHEN would they do it. Do you have several months lead time? (I ask because if I knew of another grey color being offered, I might be willing to wait a few more months. But I guess
it's a gamble of the dice....)
Not like Honda, Toyota or Mazda, usually BMW dealers don't push you too much to buy a car because they know once you want a bimmer, you will buy a bimmer, not Camry or Accord or whatever.
BMW won't announce any new color for 2007 e90 until they have the SOP for that model year and I think it'll be in September. You can wait for a few months to see what will happen. There could be no more 325i/330i, but 328i/335i instead and the price will be outrageous.
BTW, use Edmunds.com to request the local dealers for prices on the car you want. Then negotiate with them through emails. Always compare their price with the invoice price. Whoever gives you the lowest price, just go to that dealer to complete the paper works. This's how I bought my car last Jun. I paid $500 over the invoice and spent only 1 hour in the dealer.
      05-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #78
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I would wait to see what's happening with the new models for 2007 or new colors. If they are making a new model change, you could get the better version, or maybe get a good deal on the 2006 models instead. I'd think we will know by June/July about the models and colors.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #79
marie-louise
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i

Did you get to see an Arctic when you were at the dealer? What did you think?

They are so uncommon but today I found myself right behind someone in an Arctic E90 on my commute home. I followed her as long as I could, but she got off a few exits later. I briefly thought about getting out at her exit & stalking her but stopped myself.

Production will be finished on mine tomorrow. Sigh...then I have to wait for that long, long boat ride to the west coast.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 10:43 PM   #80
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-louise
Production will be finished on mine tomorrow. Sigh...then I have to wait for that long, long boat ride to the west coast.
Welcome to the forum. What color is your's? You don't have your specs listed.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #81
DanielleS
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update:

I haven't written for a couple days... It has been SO good to hear from so many of you- all of your ideas about colors and such. Obviously, everyone has a favorite. (And I'm also learning that BMW ownership has a bit of "religious" quality to it! )

Regardless, I had a "crisis" mid-week. I just couldn't come to a final decision- and almost concluded that I should give up making a choice altogether. But I do need a new car! (My Camry is nine years old.) So I ventured to the BMV dealer, looked at everything, and still wanted space grey!!

But a girl can't have everything she wants...

A couple of mornings later, I was walking through the parking lot of the hospital where I work, and I saw a woman sitting in her beat-up, purple car. (It appeared she could afford nothing better.) At that moment, I realized that my "crisis" was ridiculous- and that I should feel thankful to have such "problems" as a BMW choice!

So... my car broker is looking for a white car for me. Even though I'm a bit bored with white- as that is the color of my current car, I think that it would be a good choice to handle the summer dust of Fresno. (I'm a busy person and don't like spending the time to wash my car all that often either.) I still haven't made the deal. Maybe bynext week everything will come together.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 10:12 PM   #82
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
So... my car broker is looking for a white car for me. Even though I'm a bit bored with white- as that is the color of my current car, I think that it would be a good choice to handle the summer dust of Fresno. (I'm a busy person and don't like spending the time to wash my car all that often either.) I still haven't made the deal. Maybe bynext week everything will come together.
You can't go wrong with white and it looks very nice on the e90. White was my choice when I placed my order then a couple of weeks later I heard about the Mystic Blue being made available in Sept. 05.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #83
marie-louise
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i

Talking

Quote:
Update:

Now you can start torturing yourself about the interior! Leather versus leatherette, which color, which trim w/ which color.

And so it goes...

But remember, no matter what you choose, you'll be driving a great car!!!

Ordered 5/3; picked up at SF Bay Area dealer 6/28 (55 days)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #84
poldim
Vroom Vrrooooom
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
Quote:
Update:

I haven't written for a couple days... It has been SO good to hear from so many of you- all of your ideas about colors and such. Obviously, everyone has a favorite. (And I'm also learning that BMW ownership has a bit of "religious" quality to it! )

Regardless, I had a "crisis" mid-week. I just couldn't come to a final decision- and almost concluded that I should give up making a choice altogether. But I do need a new car! (My Camry is nine years old.) So I ventured to the BMV dealer, looked at everything, and still wanted space grey!!

But a girl can't have everything she wants...

A couple of mornings later, I was walking through the parking lot of the hospital where I work, and I saw a woman sitting in her beat-up, purple car. (It appeared she could afford nothing better.) At that moment, I realized that my "crisis" was ridiculous- and that I should feel thankful to have such "problems" as a BMW choice!

White will show it more than say silver. The silver will just get dull rather than dirty.

GL with your choice...

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Black Line Tail Lights | Hardwired V1
Appreciate 0