E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Whst is up with 335i drivers?

06-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #67
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Agreed, many 335 owners think that their car is the greatest thing since the M1, but don't generalize all of them into that category. The ones who really frighten me are the ones who think they can take a C6 with a PROcede (Let the C6 spend a few g's on mods as well and see what happens) and that one post where a 335 guy tried to race a Ferrari. Those are the ones that scare me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #68
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

I have been reading the whole thread - well because I have time and after all.... I did start it.:rocks:

So - I see a common thread (no pun intended) amongst some of the the 335i drivers on this thread.... There are some very nice 335i drivers here.... However, the Great majority -----> Poor souls are just trying to keep up with other cars. These ones are trying to justify buying a 335i. They spend lots of $$ to try an equal an ///M.... The ///M & ///M3 are okay cars in my opinion. Nothing to look up to or try to equal

They say that the 335i is practical. It's not practical. Practical is having a Z4M and an Infiniti FX45 like me - see.... best of both worlds.

Why do 335i drivers need the feel to equal my silly little Z4M???? They should set their sights higher since they claim that it is such an awesome track car - I say they should take on McLaren's Formula 1 team. I am sure that a properly modded 335i can beat Lewis Hamilton driving a F1 car.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #69
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Silly canadian...the 335 is a practical car...it has a rear seat...

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #70
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

In my opinion its just people in general, usually the younger crowd. I shake my head at it, and I'm only 22. I don't condone my own generation . Doesn't really matter what kind of car, its who's behind the wheel. I'll never brag about my 335i and PROcede to people. Let me also say I believe it is a quick car, but not a fast car by any means. If I wanted straight performance and speed I would have saved a load of money and got a used camaro, mustang, EVO, STI, or something along those lines and put the rest into modding the crap out of it.

I have experienced a wide variety of attitudes on the road, not really one kind of car more than the other. I've seen a number of MB and BMW drivers acting like jackasses, but I have also seen drivers of every other make and model acting the same way.

One BMW jackass story stands out in my mind lately though. I went to lunch with a friend and as we were leaving in her little hyundai these two younger guys in ties were walking to their car down the middle of the parking lot. She honked at them to let them know they should move to the side like everyone else instead of acting like idiots, and in turn one turned around and flipped us off. At the end of the lot, there was a Toyota, a Suburban, and a E90 325i. I called it and bet her 10 bucks they would get into the BMW. Take a guess which car they got in?
      06-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #71
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
They say that the 335i is practical. It's not practical. Practical is having a Z4M and an Infiniti FX45 like me - see.... best of both worlds.
The sedan is for those with a requirement of more than 2 seats, and I also have a Nissan Frontier for loads and bad weather.

Z4M is a nice car, but why didn't you buy an Exige? Much better track car after all. Perhaps there ARE shades of gray in this discussion
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #72
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: lifted tacoma on 38's & ducati

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
2 seater plastic vette vs 335i.... WOW, a vette will beat my car by 2 sec... they are everywhere on long island! if its not a z06, i'm not impressed.. imo

i was going to buy a z06, i like the 335i 10 tens better... most of the time i'm not racing anyone...

and i have my ducati for those days.... its funny........ since you guys are comparing a vette vs a bimmer,

i'll compare my ducati vs a vette... well, i raced plenty, and they back off soon as i hit 100... yes the vette had more top speed, but bikes have stupisd take off, mine does 10's...

anyway, wtf does that extra sec prove? the 335i is fkn sick, amazing sports car.. i could not be happier, unless i had an m3... i think a 12 sec 335i is pretty impressive........ no other car in its class can do what it does......

bla bla bla........ no vette go'kart for me... and no cheap interior either!!!!

when i decide to get a nice quarter mile car i'll get a nice z06 and then sell the go kart in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW ARE SO MANY OF YOU IMPRESSED W/ A FKN 7.0 LT MOTOR STUFFFED INTO PLASTIC GO KART????????? WELL OF COURSE ITS GONNA FKN BE LIGHT AND FAST??? WTF PEOPLE!!!!???? DO THE MATH

but why is it that german/italian cars can make v8's w/ 500 hp and are 4.-4.3 liter??????????????????

sorry, big vette go kart is not impressive at all..... wheres the luxury???
its just a big hot rod muscle car that it! nothing else, NOTHING!
and u can't even arguee that..

so do you want a sport/luxury well made car w/ gadgets???
or a huge motor in a plastic shell????????

everyone just buy what you wat a shut the fuck up.... the vette nor the bimmer will getcha laid guys... thank GOD i can do that w/ no car at all....
so sick of i'm faster than u posts!!! GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

NEW RIDE white GTR!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 08:34 PM   #73
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
oh, i forgot to mention,,, the 335i handles amazing are you guys on crack?? i take turns everywhere/anywhere at hig speeds... its great!!!! maybe not as tight as the current m3 but wtf, its still amazing.....

i mean its not a fkn porsche, its a totally diff car, whats better though in its class??? hmm, exactly.......

so go buy an sti. civic or some other lame ass car and be a fkn homo ricer w/ no class.....

being faster gets u shit!!!!! congrats! enjoy the cars for you! not for pretenting to have a big cocck!

NEW RIDE white GTR!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #74
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

wow...does your 335 handle better than your ducati? Does it take off and fly like the back to the future car? There are plenty of fast cars dude...enjoy what you got and try not to act like a dick about it...I think that's the point of this thread.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #75
DCJAX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati955 View Post
2 seater plastic vette vs 335i.... WOW, a vette will beat my car by 2 sec... they are everywhere on long island! if its not a z06, i'm not impressed.. imo

i was going to buy a z06, i like the 335i 10 tens better... most of the time i'm not racing anyone...

and i have my ducati for those days.... its funny........ since you guys are comparing a vette vs a bimmer,

i'll compare my ducati vs a vette... well, i raced plenty, and they back off soon as i hit 100... yes the vette had more top speed, but bikes have stupisd take off, mine does 10's...

anyway, wtf does that extra sec prove? the 335i is fkn sick, amazing sports car.. i could not be happier, unless i had an m3... i think a 12 sec 335i is pretty impressive........ no other car in its class can do what it does......

when i decide to get a nice quarter mile car i'll get a nice z06 and then sell the go kart in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW ARE SO MANY OF YOU IMPRESSED W/ A FKN 7.0 LT MOTOR STUFFFED INTO PLASTIC GO KART????????? WELL OF COURSE ITS GONNA FKN BE LIGHT AND FAST??? WTF PEOPLE!!!!???? DO THE MATH

but why is it that german/italian cars can make v8's w/ 500 hp and are 4.-4.3 liter??????????????????

everyone just buy what you wat a shut the fuck up.... the vette nor the bimmer will getcha laid guys... thank GOD i can do that w/ no car at all....

Dude, chill out. Vettes and BMWs are totally different cars, both are amazing pieces of machinery.

Also your comments about Liter/HP are the kind of things ricers talk about. HP/MPG/cost is what matters. The german/italian engines can't touch the MPG/HP/Cost ratio that the Gen IV GM small blocks offer.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #76
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #77
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokX View Post
At the end of the lot, there was a Toyota, a Suburban, and a E90 325i. I called it and bet her 10 bucks they would get into the BMW. Take a guess which car they got in?

Hmmm...I have 33.333% of getting it right here...any hint??
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #78
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
i guess it comes down to, there will always be fkn haters.............
thats it.... i mean if ya have a nice car people hate, have a nice gf people hate, have a nice body, people hate, lololol, list goes on, so let people hate and let them be miserable...........

i guess it makes sense, cause when your ugly, fat, have a crappy car and an ugly gurl, no one fkn cares about you...........

as fkd up as it sounds its true......

well enjoy your cars guys, no matter what they are... and by the way... ever since i have beed driving my 335i there are tons of people cutting me off, trying to race me etc...... i could car less... never happens in my lifted tacoma or duck. it is what it is!

NEW RIDE white GTR!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #79
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

solid post, ducati... and umm, i'm not surprised people dont go around trying to race you on that thing.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #80
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

I think what I dislike the most about this thread is the fact that it took a turn somwhere to a Zm vs 335 vs M3......whatever. Hell, I love all 3 cars! I, like probably many other 335 owners could have bought a Z4m just as easily as my 335.....and I'm currently on a waiting list for a M3....hell guys, how can you go wrong with any of em? I'd rather see everybody just dig their own rides, and appreciate the fact that BMW has many great cars in their stable.

And 335 owners, quit f....kn with enfield while he's driving!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 12:42 AM   #81
BLUE LABEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

i dont get how people have so much time to think about what other people are thinking about.. especially while driving. Who really gives two cents about my car is faster than yours or "why is he trying to race me, is there something wrong with me." To be honest - in either situation its called being an attention whore. Im usually too busy getting to where i have to go or checking out hot girls admiring my ride. And if some jack ass really does want to race, i let him/her be. If conditions permit and the time is right, i race and whoever wins, wins..who cares at the end of the day. I didnt buy my e92 to street race or even track it. Its a solid car for a guy in his twenties. Bottom line..enjoy what you got.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 05:43 AM   #82
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen

It is funny that most comparisons in this thread (and most others on this forum) are all about acceleration in a straight line. You people live 0-60 and 1/4 mile. You don't have to have a nice car to perform well in that arena...some of the crap cars I have seen posting low times with crazy acceleration...then they can't take a curve.
Racing is not all about acceleration. It is about a circuit of curves and the difficulty of stringing them all together; being in the right gear at the right time on the right racing line. You guys who have never been on a track (not a dragstrip) are missing out on a lot. You should try it...you will stop thinking about 0-60
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #83
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

relax guys. once the new M3 is here, order will be restored.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 08:09 PM   #84
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
oh, i forgot to mention,,, the 335i handles amazing are you guys on crack?? i take turns everywhere/anywhere at hig speeds... its great!!!! maybe not as tight as the current m3 but wtf, its still amazing.....

i mean its not a fkn porsche, its a totally diff car, whats better though in its class??? hmm, exactly.......

so go buy an sti. civic or some other lame ass car and be a fkn homo ricer w/ no class.....

being faster gets u shit!!!!! congrats! enjoy the cars for you! not for pretenting to have a big cocck!
Apparently you missed the recent article where the 335i got beat by everything from the Civic Si to the Mazdaspeed 3.

Also, reading your last 2 posts I have come to the conclusion that you are the one trying to inflate the size of your penis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJAX View Post
Dude, chill out. Vettes and BMWs are totally different cars, both are amazing pieces of machinery.

Also your comments about Liter/HP are the kind of things ricers talk about. HP/MPG/cost is what matters. The german/italian engines can't touch the MPG/HP/Cost ratio that the Gen IV GM small blocks offer.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.

Last edited by FirstClass; 06-13-2007 at 12:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #85
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

i've only seen one possible asshole 335i driver so far.

i was going down this road, and saw an e92 from a distance in my rear view mirror. i look again, and now he's really flooring it. i go straight through the intersection while he makes a fast left with the motor revving high. now, he wasn't flooring it to beat the light, because it was green. so, i'm thinking he either did that to say "hey e9x buddy!" or did it to showoff. i'm thinking it was the latter.
      07-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #86
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
they're drunk on fanboy kool-aid.... It's not just you, I'd had several want to give my Vette a run. I've been more then happy to show them the error of their ways.
OK Now this is funny... Good stuff...
      07-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #87
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

look the way i see it is if you drive a 335 the car turns you into 'FABIO' mode.
The flaws of this mode are

1- You think you can beat any car
2- You give other drivers a dirty look that implies your better then everyone
3- You drive like a hooligan but think you drive like an F1 racer

feel free to add more
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #88
mklimis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Italian and German

What is up with 335i drivers?

Wake up man, whats up with everyone??? I happen to be living in IL which is just over run by idiot drivers. EVERYONE here thinks they drive and operate high performace vehicles. And to make it worse they drive like they own the road. Stupid and dangerous.

I don't know how it is in Canada but I bet its a little bit better. But you still have the same idiot drivers everywhere regardless of what car they drive.

On the flip side, all of us here who do own other high performance cars or motorcycles can say the same about "all" Vette and M owners and other (X brand) cars/models. For example I ride a Suzuki Hayabusa. Suspension, brakes, full carbon-fiber exhaust, powercommander, cam, sprocket, close ratio trans. Bike is putting down just a tad under 190hp and 106ftlb of tq. to the wheels. So should I flame all the supercharged/turbo vette owners just cause they think they have something to show me?

BTW Honda owners(around here) seem to be the biggest wannabe racers.

"Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise."
Appreciate 0