E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > A Recent Texas Poll

06-24-2006, 12:33 AM   #23
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Crimson Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
No, I don't.

What I dislike is our our government allowing immigrants to enter our country illegally and doing nothing about it.

I like law abiding citizens and a government that enforces its laws.

No, I don't hate Mexicans.
Let's say that this magical wall is built...what would we do with the 8-12 million PEOPLE that are already here illegally? Round them up and ship them out?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2006, 12:36 AM   #24
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Millions already here

I'd give them citizenship. Time for them to get fully integrated.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2006, 12:37 AM   #25
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

why can't they just come over here legally by showing the border patrols their passport......

how hard is it to get a passport in Mexico?
      06-24-2006, 02:48 AM   #26
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVendetta
Let's say that this magical wall is built...what would we do with the 8-12 million PEOPLE that are already here illegally? Round them up and ship them out?
Truth be told, 12 million is a very conservative estimate. Many experts agree that there are closer to 20 million illegal aliens residing in our country free of charge, but to your question. Yes, I would support a systematic, organized deportation starting with the criminal element already in our jails for rape, murder, robbery, etc. After cleaning up there, start with the ones that are law-breakers for just being here without legal documents.

I don't have a lot of pity for these people. I don't care if they are poor and "just want to work." I say, get a job in your own country, apply for U.S. citizenship and then wait like law abiding people do. Don't come here under the cover of darkness sneaking across the desert or crawling through tunnels--that's breaking the law. These people are criminals by default, the day they arrive here.

I’ll tell you what, I'd settle for deporting the 12 million you mentioned, and then we keep immigration to zero percent for the next 25 to 30 years. It will take that long to recuperate from the damage they've already done to the American tax payer.

The fact is we really don't need a wall to keep out illegal aliens. All we need to do is appropriately staff Immigration & Customs Enforcement and then enforce the laws we already have.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2006, 03:33 AM   #27
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Oh man it would be hilarious to see illegal immigrants being used for cheap labor in building the Mexican-U.S. wall.
Yeah, that's one reality show I'd watch for sure! Dude, the drama!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #28
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
why can't they just come over here legally by showing the border patrols their passport......

how hard is it to get a passport in Mexico?
That's what I've always been thinking. When I come down from Canada into the U.S., all you have to do is show your passport and/or birth certificate (who carries that around with them?!). Before, a driver's license would suffice but after the 9/11 fiasco things changed.

Things go the same way with Canadians - when I was in Buffalo NY hordes of Canadians flock over whenever their team, the Canadiens, play against the sabres and all they had to do was show the patrols their passport.

Why can't Mexicans do the same? Our country is racist.
      06-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #29
lumbergh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVendetta
I understand where you're coming from but that is also like looking at a hole in your roof during a rain storm and saying "Let's not fix the hole until we figure out what to do with the water that is already in the house"

and yes we could round them up and ship them out, it's not as hard as people make it sound but it would be easier to just eliminate the incentives and they would leave on their own. We can't catch every murderer or win the war on drugs either but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

This thing isn't against Mexicans it is about illegal aliens which are criminals.
So far though, it is a great deal for Mexico, they export their poverty to the U.S. and get money sent back into their economy.

I would like life a lot better if I didn't pay income taxes, or pay for auto insurance or health insurance and also got free health care, free food, and free education. Life would be swell but our country wouldn't last very long if everyone got everything free.

I am thinking of leaving the country and sneeking back in as an illegal alien. I would get more perks that way. LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #30
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Anyone remember Ronald Reagan's statement, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #31
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I don't know...Pink Floyd's Wall was pretty cool
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #32
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4me
GWB already knows Spanish. Actually, he is the first president to speak a second language.

No he's not! Our forefathers spoke French, English and most likely German and Spanish. I'll even bet some of our first presidents spoke some native American.

Thomas Jefferson served as U.S. minister to France.
      06-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #33
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
Truth be told, 12 million is a very conservative estimate. Many experts agree that there are closer to 20 million illegal aliens residing in our country free of charge, but to your question. Yes, I would support a systematic, organized deportation starting with the criminal element already in our jails for rape, murder, robbery, etc. After cleaning up there, start with the ones that are law-breakers for just being here without legal documents.

I don't have a lot of pity for these people. I don't care if they are poor and "just want to work." I say, get a job in your own country, apply for U.S. citizenship and then wait like law abiding people do. Don't come here under the cover of darkness sneaking across the desert or crawling through tunnels--that's breaking the law. These people are criminals by default, the day they arrive here.

I’ll tell you what, I'd settle for deporting the 12 million you mentioned, and then we keep immigration to zero percent for the next 25 to 30 years. It will take that long to recuperate from the damage they've already done to the American tax payer.

The fact is we really don't need a wall to keep out illegal aliens. All we need to do is appropriately staff Immigration & Customs Enforcement and then enforce the laws we already have.
"Mexico accounts for 30 percent of all immigrants, with 9.7
million immigrants living in United States, more than the number of immigrants from any other region of the world.

Immigrants from Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and East Asia make up the majority of immigrants, with 70 percent of the foreign-born coming from these areas. Sub-Saharan Africa and Europe make up a relatively small portion of the immigrant population, accounting for only 15.9 percent of all immigrants and only 13.9 percent of immigrants who arrived since 1990."

Europe 128,185 17.8%

Asia 267,931 37.2 %

Africa 42,456 5.9%

Oceania 4,695 0.7%

Canada 12,932 1.8%

Mexico 89,932 12.5%

Cent. America 31,814 4.4 %

Caribbean 96,788 13.4%

So. America 45,666 6.3%

TOTAL 720.461 100.0%

It's not fair to single out Mexicans in this debate. Some people don't blend in with the American Caucasians so easily so they tend to be singled out.

We have lots of Asians and Euro’s here too. But most people want to pick on people from South America and that’s not fair.
      06-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #34
lumbergh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

The problem isn't immigrants it's illiegal aliens which 99% happen to be from Mexico. I'm sure if some other corrupt poverty stricken country was on our border it would be the same. No one is complaining about the Canadians because the same problems are not there.

Remember it's not the legal immigrants or Mexicans in general people complain about, it's the illegals who don't pay taxes, carry insurance and suck our healthcare and school systems dry. I'm all for people coming here and even becoming citizens as long as they do it legaly. Otherwise the USA will be no more.

BTW try getting a job in Mexico as a US citizen. You will go straight to jail for working. Looks like they are a little hypocritical yet no one mentions it
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2006, 10:52 PM   #35
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

don't forget the illegals that get fake docs so they can work here, and do pay taxes but will never be able to collect wellfare or social security as their documents and status are fakes.......

lots of illegals work for legitimate businesses that DO pay taxes, it's done all over the place
Appreciate 0