E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > CSF Radiator, nice fit and I still really like this car.

01-15-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

CSF Radiator, nice fit and I still really like this car.

Well at 170,000 my radiator started to leak. Having seen N52 take off radiators at Turner and Bimmerworld for cheap (off their race car conversions) I looked there first for a like new used oem piece. No Dice.

I read a few reviews for the CSF, which supposedly has 15% better cooling ability (who the hell knows) and at $130 the price seemed right. I called Bimmerworld, the confirmed that they have had very few issues with that brand so I went with that.

The good news - it fits like a glove. Everything in its right place and an easy install. Even better news, it's cold here in the city of no illusions, and I can tell you that in the 7 years I have owned this car, the heat has never warmed up so quickly. Thats not a butt dyne placebo effect either, totally legit.

If this one lasts as long as the OEM, I won't be disappointed.

I plan on doing a few small projects to refresh this car over the next few months, I will try to post when I can. I've had the car since 2009- it had around 50k miles or so.

To date, the only pricey repair this car has needed that seemed really early was the starter which took a shit around 60k miles. I also did a preventative h20 pump exactly 2 years ago at around 135k miles.

Other than that, very reliable car. Requires a little more maintenance than most average cars (lots of bushings, links and the like) but nothing crazy. I'm a sales mgr at a local hyundai store, and we have a shit ton of run of the mill used cars, as well as a toyota and chevy store. I can tell you without question, my 10 yr old 170,000 mile e90 drives better, is tighter, more comfortable than damn near anything out there. I simply cannot think of a better jack of all trades car.

Thats it.
      01-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

The rate of engine warm up is controlled by the thermostat.. Definitely placebo. But $130 for a radiator isn't bad. :-)
Appreciate 0