E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 328i e93 electric problem?

03-28-2024, 09:03 PM   #1
Nogul17
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

328i e93 electric problem?

Experiencing some puzzling issues with my 328i E93 lately. After a week-long trip from NY in December, I noticed my battery was dying. Replaced it, along with registration, and all seemed fine for 1-2 weeks. However, ABS/chassis warnings started appearing while driving, accompanied by the speedometer hitting 0 momentarily. Diagnosed it as an alternator regulator issue. Replaced the regulator, but the warnings persisted, albeit less frequently. Changed the alternator, and things seemed resolved for another 1-2 weeks. Yet, the ABS/chassis warnings reappeared, despite the code - 5D97, 5DF7, E2C7, and A6CF (likely unrelated). Despite not driving the car during the trip, the issue persists. Notably, the error code doesn’t reappear right away, and it doesn’t impact any driving experience. Suddenly today, it somehow lost power for a few seconds, and then back to full power for the first time. Any fellow BMW 328i E93 owners faced similar challenges? Appreciate any insights or advice!
Appreciate 0