E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How I got screwed

05-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

How I got screwed

Ok so I started affiliate marketing, which is simply where I advertise for companies and make money depending on sales. I currently, am in the process of, do not own a website, so all of my ads run through google adwords. I got campaigns started with lifelock, seemed promising, made $64 my first day from two sales on google, was happy with it. Next day I decided to pick up so more campaigns, specifically 3 webhosting ones. With this I was more careful, making sure to list the price in my ad to lower misclicks, every click costs me money. I woke up at 3 oclock today.... apparently 222 clicks went through on my hosting sites, 99.2% were not through searches on google, but through google ad's on other sites, Google charged me a total of $321 for this right, well if 1.7% of people who clicked it (It has the price in the ad) and bought it, I'd come out on top (general concepts of advertising, lower the success rate necessity's per $ in advertising make money) So far not a single one of the clicks turned over into sales.... I lost all my profits plus $250...

A few possibilities:[ I did kind of violate the ToS on two contracts that did cost $80 a piece today possibly any resulting sale would default to not payout (Fixed that problem when it came to my attention)

Maybe something did sell, just not process, could be because of weekend, havent seen anything yet tonight which worries me

I may just be fucked

People dont take webhosting seriously.
]

Any comments or suggestions? I seriously need a real job... (even though there is a lot of money in this, it's kinda luck of the draw)

That being said, if anyone is interested in life lock you do get a discount using the link in my sig, I have it and love it as well as several people I know, it's nice if you are ever worried any of your personal information being in the wrong hands, (ex wives, girlfriends, one night stands, strippers, ext.)

Last edited by Robertbog; 05-03-2008 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
RBBMWE46M3
blaupunkt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spman montego

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
I own a wind tower manufacturing company...come and work for me in Wisconsin