BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-09-2014, 12:49 AM   #1
135ilust
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

That Racing Channel App

I downloaded the TRC app and went out and did some quick 1/8 mile runs. I got a 7.537 time @ 72 mph. The mph seem really off but I don't know what to make about the time
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

MPH is low, but if you're ET'ing in the 7.5x range for 1/8th mile then that usually equates to a sub 12 second 1/4 mile ET. Generally you would expect the opposite with these cars. A higher than average MPH with a lower than average ET. Do you have mods done?

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

LOL @ that 60'

No way that is happening
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
135ilust
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp View Post
MPH is low, but if you're ET'ing in the 7.5x range for 1/8th mile then that usually equates to a sub 12 second 1/4 mile ET. Generally you would expect the opposite with these cars. A higher than average MPH with a lower than average ET. Do you have mods done?
Yea tune e85 downpipe exhaust intake and r888 in the back
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
LOL @ that 60'

No way that is happening
why is a 1.9 sec 60' not happening?

BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135ilust View Post
Yea tune e85 downpipe exhaust intake and r888 in the back
I would say you're right where you'd expect to be with those mods and decent tire. I would definitely want to be in the high 11s with my mods and e30 on semi-decent tire.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #7
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
why is a 1.9 sec 60' not happening?
Because that's AWD Territory.

As well, GPS has inherit error, even when it is the internal to the phone and is only 1 hz

I pull 2.1 on RS3s on grippy concrete for ProSolo starts

I'll eat my words when I see it in a ticket or some official format.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Because that's AWD Territory.

As well, GPS has inherit error, even when it is the internal to the phone and is only 1 hz

I pull 2.1 on RS3s on grippy concrete for ProSolo starts

I'll eat my words when I see it in a ticket or some official format.
You haven't made many passes in your lifetime if you think 1.9 is "AWD territory". Not to sound snippy but I have over 500passes down the 1320 in all sorts of cars, with all kinds of tires, and 1.9 seconds 60' on a 300hp RWD car with decent tire is about average for someone who isn't retarded. No offense.

In fact for anything over 300whp 1.9 is actually pretty shitty. If you want you can go to www.dragtimes.com and look up many many many many many many many examples of RWD BMWs that can pull sub 2 second 60' times, some with hardly any mods at all to include tire.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #9
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You haven't made many passes in your lifetime if you think 1.9 is "AWD territory". Not to sound snippy but I have over 500passes down the 1320 in all sorts of cars, with all kinds of tires, and 1.9 seconds 60' on a 300hp RWD car with decent tire is about average for someone who isn't retarded. No offense.

In fact for anything over 300whp 1.9 is actually pretty shitty. If you want you can go to www.dragtimes.com and look up many many many many many many many examples of RWD BMWs that can pull sub 2 second 60' times, some with hardly any mods at all to include tire.
Sorry, I don't live my life on a drag strip douche.

My experience isn't on a prep'ed track where real life physical grip is blown out of proportion...sorry. Going in a straight line and bragging about numbers isn't all that cool.

Here, take a look. SCCA ProSolo Finale reaction times and 60'

Before you get your panties in a bunch again, RT is based off of a perfect light of 0.500

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...060ft%20RT.pdf

Once again, I'd like to see YOU, on asphalt or concrete pull 1.9 and I'll eat my words. Forget the dragstrip.

Once again, I'm going to point to the fact an app on an iphone with a 1hz GPS is going to be accurate, you're insane.

Just to clear it up for you, since you probably don't know what I'm talking about here, is 1hz is 1 cycle per second.

So how you can accurately go ahead and say you have a 1.9 60' when the GPS can only physically pull data 2 times in 2 seconds?

Exactly.....you can't

Thanks buddy for showing you're ignorant and a complete waste of my time.

Go ahead and brag about your 60' to the cool kids at the drag strip and I'll have fun passing you on an actual track in a 128
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #10
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I don't live my life on a drag strip douche.

My experience isn't on a prep'ed track where real life physical grip is blown out of proportion...sorry. Going in a straight line and bragging about numbers isn't all that cool.

Here, take a look. SCCA ProSolo Finale reaction times and 60'

Before you get your panties in a bunch again, RT is based off of a perfect light of 0.500

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...060ft%20RT.pdf

Once again, I'd like to see YOU, on asphalt or concrete pull 1.9 and I'll eat my words. Forget the dragstrip.

Once again, I'm going to point to the fact an app on an iphone with a 1hz GPS is going to be accurate, you're insane.

Just to clear it up for you, since you probably don't know what I'm talking about here, is 1hz is 1 cycle per second.

So how you can accurately go ahead and say you have a 1.9 60' when the GPS can only physically pull data 2 times in 2 seconds?

Exactly.....you can't

Thanks buddy for showing you're ignorant and a complete waste of my time.

Go ahead and brag about your 60' to the cool kids at the drag strip and I'll have fun passing you on an actual track in a 128
My panties are in a bunch? Take it down a notch, go take your Flintstones vitamin, and read what the OP said. His post reads: "Did some quick 1/8 mile runs." It doesn't say "Went to SCCA event and launched my car through their traps." If you interpret "Did some quick 1/8 mile runs" as anything other than drag racing, then I think you're the ignorant one of the two of us. This wasn't supposed to be a dick-measuring contest, I was only trying to add my experience in doing (exactly) what the OP was talking about, but since you took a left turn down Insult Avenue, allow me to retort, one menacing allegation at a time:

No one said you live your life anywhere. Not sure why I'm a douche, but if it pumps your erection, name-call away.

Drag strips come in all manner of "prep" - some are good, some are great, and some have water in the groove from FWD cars driving through the box. To say that "real life physical grip is blown out of proportion" is, well, dumb. And no one is "bragging" about going anywhere, you got offended because we aren't talking about your kind of racing, which I was hoping you wouldn't, but you did. C'est la vie. Let's revisit your blanket statement "LOL @ that 60' No way that is happening." Guess what? It does happen. It happens all the damn time, actually. Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I read your list, it's awesome, I guess you didn't look at it very hard, because there are a BUNCH of cars with sub 2.0 60' times, guess what they all had in common... Good tires. I could, and did routinely pull off sub 2 second 60' in a RWD car, on the street - with Nitto 555R (those are DRs), and guess whose feelings were always hurt? The STi and Evo guys who lined up next to me and couldn't fathom how they got dug. That's neither here 'nor there and realistically I couldn't care less about proving it. I think it's funny you asked for "proof or some kind of ticket," got a vast resource of exactly that, then changed your tune and called me a douche. That pretty much tells me everything I need to know about you.

You're missing the entire point of the post, and everything you've said since your first post is just spam, with no new or helpful information. The OP obviously knows that his lowly 1hz GPS mapping iphone app is not the most accurate means for measuring times over distance, heck he said it in his post. Originally he's asking what to make about the time, you came in like Mr. tough guy the authority on all things and "LOL", which isn't really adding anything valuable to this thread, would you disagree?

Lastly, If you'd like to meet sometime or someplace and have this discussion in person and not from behind your keyboard I'd be fine with that. Or if you really *really* feel like you have to "pass me on an actual track in a 128," then I'd oblige that as well. Gimme a call or text, you can PM me for my mobile number.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #11
SabreE82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Grey M-Sport 135i

^^ so much win!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #12
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep

I run RS3s, I go out and purchase drag radials for autocross.

As well, you're the first person who decided to come out and call people retarded, so I don't know what you're trying to call me an instigator. My comment is true, OP doesn't state he was on a drag strip at all....so my comment was assuming he was on the street.

As well, the cars that run sub 2.0 are on Hoosier A6s. Great job trying to really put me down there.

Lets do an apples to apples comparison that actually holds some merit.

Look at Street Touring Extreme that shows all of the cars in the same class with basically the same tire width and restrictions as well as power/weight

Here is the Toledo Pro Solo that I won:

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...oledo%20RT.pdf

Or Wilmington

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...on%2060_RT.pdf

Or the Finale I posted above.

Guess who has the best 60' times in the class?

60' times are relative. Sorry I thought he was on the street, perhaps that's my bad however the app is worthless because the time is a guess from 30,000 feet in the air. For example, my 10 hz GPS logger thinks I pull 1.6 60' times when I run 2.1

The matter of the fact is I'd rather not waste my time with you. You can let me know when you travel to Mid-Ohio or a National Event and I'll come play.
Appreciate 0