E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Just graduated from Warrant Officer Candidate Course

07-11-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
Shadow_Phantom12
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Performance Package

Just graduated from Warrant Officer Candidate Course

As the title implies, I've just graduated from WOCS and have been proudly appointed. I know this is an automobile discussion forum but if anyone out there is thinking about dropping a packet or have been selected and are waiting to report in and have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer. Cheers!
      07-11-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Congrats! I'm on the Active duty Green to Gold option right now and will be commissioned next May. Always wanted to go the Warrant officer route, but wasn't satisfied with the acceptance rate the Signal MOS's were getting. Super happy for you!
      07-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Shadow_Phantom12
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Congrats! I'm on the Active duty Green to Gold option right now and will be commissioned next May. Always wanted to go the Warrant officer route, but wasn't satisfied with the acceptance rate the Signal MOS's were getting. Super happy for you!
The Green to Gold program is an awesome program. I wish you the best of luck with that. I would have done it but wasn't content to let the army choose my MOS for me. I'm going the aviation route and would not have been guaranteed that choice (probably would have gotten quartermaster or something). I'll be at Rucker for the next two years doing nothing but studying and flying. Good luck and if ever you need any help with anything, just let me know,
      07-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
noire07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Phantom12 View Post
The Green to Gold program is an awesome program. I wish you the best of luck with that. I would have done it but wasn't content to let the army choose my MOS for me. I'm going the aviation route and would not have been guaranteed that choice (probably would have gotten quartermaster or something). I'll be at Rucker for the next two years doing nothing but studying and flying. Good luck and if ever you need any help with anything, just let me know,

lol.. my first choice was aviation, i ended up getting trans. congrats and good luck!
2007 328xi E90..Jet Black..Black Dakota Leather..Premium.Sport.CW..19" Staggered Gunmetal VMR v710..Blk Grills..Blacklines..LED Interior lights..OEM Spoiler..RR CDV..OEM Strut Bar..UUC SwayBarbarian Swaybars..H&R Coilovers..330i SSK..3 Stage Intake Manifold..BMW Performance Intake + Exhaust + Steering Wheel..PBX..V1 Hardwire..GPS Hardwire..Rear Power Outlets[Robot Happy Face]..Rear Fogs..OEM Alarm..Alpine PDX-5..Earthquake SWS 8" Subs..MB Quart RVF210[Fr+Rr]..iPod Adapter..35% Tint..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 02:32 AM   #5
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
I did Green to Gold...got the branch I wanted...then bought an M3...oh yeah...congrats on WOC graduation! Wait til you see the next car I get after I get back to the desert =)
      07-13-2009, 07:22 AM   #6
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
A tan Hummer?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #7
sysfailur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Quote:
I'll be at Rucker for the next two years doing nothing but studying and flying.
Make sure you find yourself a place in Enterprise. You'll find that once you finish IERW you'll have plenty of time to enjoy yourself.

I made the mistake of living in Daleville while I was in flight school and was bored out of my mind. It was only nice for the fact that there was absolutely no traffic to get through the gate in the morning.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
Shadow_Phantom12
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Brazil
Rep

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noire07 View Post
lol.. my first choice was aviation, i ended up getting trans. congrats and good luck!
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I was trans before and was NOT trying to go back to it. If you enjoy it though, then it's all good, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genro757 View Post
I did Green to Gold...got the branch I wanted...then bought an M3...oh yeah...congrats on WOC graduation! Wait til you see the next car I get after I get back to the desert =)
Thank you. How's Bamberg? What are you getting when you get back? I think I'll buy an e90 M3 or an X6 M after I'm through here, as a gift to myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysfailur View Post
Make sure you find yourself a place in Enterprise. You'll find that once you finish IERW you'll have plenty of time to enjoy yourself.

I made the mistake of living in Daleville while I was in flight school and was bored out of my mind. It was only nice for the fact that there was absolutely no traffic to get through the gate in the morning.
Thanks for the heads up. I've found a townhouse in Enterprise that I'm pretty happy with. I'll sign next Monday but I've already gone to Panama City to buy furniture and some other stuff. I figure that I'll make this place really great because I'm not going to leave it very often (since I've had to temporarily give up all the hobbies I love because they're too "dangerous").
Any advice while I'm stuck in this bubble? I already know that I have to go to The Hangar to buy all my reading material and that I have to study chapters 5, 8, and 9 while I wait.
      07-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
I'm thinking about getting a Smart...or a Cayman S
      07-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Then you need to see this thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281039

Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #11
sysfailur
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Any advice while I'm stuck in this bubble? I already know that I have to go to The Hangar to buy all my reading material and that I have to study chapters 5, 8, and 9 while I wait.
5 and 9 are non-negotiable, for any airframe. Your flight commander will inform you that underlined portions of chapter 9 must be known verbatim. I would suggest just memorizing all of chapter 9. I would not recommend buying flash cards; instead, make your own. That way you get the benefit of reading the material, and writing it down. Also, find yourself a study group or (at the very least) study with your stick buddy. You should practice going over 5 and 9 orally - every checkride you take will have an oral component and you will likely be asked EPs and limits by your flight commander during your daily briefings and by your IP before/after/during your flight.

Chapter 8 you do not have to know verbatim. Nearly everything from that chapter will be in your checklist.

I'm not sure if they still have the TH-67 cockpit trainer at the library, but it would probably be a good idea to sit in there and just familiarize yourself with the cockpit and go over your EPs and limits to reinforce what you're getting out of the -10. You can also go over your run-up procedures there (chapter 8). Prior to going to the flight line, you will spend a couple days in the cockpit trainers at the simulator building (just to the east of the academic building and the B company area). I believe you'll have the option to schedule some remedial time there, which you should do.

I would also suggest going over chapter 2 to start familiarizing yourself with systems. The classes you get for systems are excellent, but it never hurts to start studying early.

Personally, I would would rather give my money to the folks at the Copysmith (on the left, just before the Enterprise gate as you're heading toward post) than the people at the Hangar when it comes to pubs. (My stick buddy's girlfriend took a job at the Hangar while we were down there and her boss (a former Blackhawk IP) was a total douchenozzle.) You will probably want to pick up a kneeboard for the first phase of IERW, and a pubs bag and approach plate strap for instruments.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #12
Shadow_Phantom12
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
A Smart? Really? I just can't see you with a Smart. A Cayman, however, is a whole other deal. I think you have the right personality for one.

Quote:
5 and 9 are non-negotiable, for any airframe. Your flight commander will inform you that underlined portions of chapter 9 must be known verbatim. I would suggest just memorizing all of chapter 9. I would not recommend buying flash cards; instead, make your own. That way you get the benefit of reading the material, and writing it down. Also, find yourself a study group or (at the very least) study with your stick buddy. You should practice going over 5 and 9 orally - every checkride you take will have an oral component and you will likely be asked EPs and limits by your flight commander during your daily briefings and by your IP before/after/during your flight.

Chapter 8 you do not have to know verbatim. Nearly everything from that chapter will be in your checklist.

I'm not sure if they still have the TH-67 cockpit trainer at the library, but it would probably be a good idea to sit in there and just familiarize yourself with the cockpit and go over your EPs and limits to reinforce what you're getting out of the -10. You can also go over your run-up procedures there (chapter 8). Prior to going to the flight line, you will spend a couple days in the cockpit trainers at the simulator building (just to the east of the academic building and the B company area). I believe you'll have the option to schedule some remedial time there, which you should do.

I would also suggest going over chapter 2 to start familiarizing yourself with systems. The classes you get for systems are excellent, but it never hurts to start studying early.

Personally, I would would rather give my money to the folks at the Copysmith (on the left, just before the Enterprise gate as you're heading toward post) than the people at the Hangar when it comes to pubs. (My stick buddy's girlfriend took a job at the Hangar while we were down there and her boss (a former Blackhawk IP) was a total douchenozzle.) You will probably want to pick up a kneeboard for the first phase of IERW, and a pubs bag and approach plate strap for instruments.
Wow, that's a lot to digest. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I've already purchased everything I need, so as soon as I'm out of this hotel and settled into my new place at the end of this week, I'm going to make studying my first priority. Finding a study buddy shouldn't be too difficult since 99% of the tenants in my community are flight school students. Plus, there are those other guys that graduated WOCC with me that are going to get together to help each other out (most have some type of AVN in their background; I don't, save for all the commercial aviation classes I've taken with Embry-Riddle). I'm super excited to have been given this wonderful opportunity and can't wait until I can actually begin IERW.
Again, thanks for sharing the knowledge; help is always appreciated
      07-14-2009, 02:50 AM   #13
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Are you hitting on me?
      07-14-2009, 06:13 AM   #14
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

congrats chief
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #15
sysfailur
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
congrats chief
He's a WO1, still a 'Mister'. Won't be a 'Chief' til CW2.

Quote:
Again, thanks for sharing the knowledge; help is always appreciated
Don't mention it. Just try to enjoy yourself while you're at Rucker. You're going to be there for 18 mos to 2 years, depending on your advanced airframe, so it's important to have a good mix of work and play.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any more questions.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #16
Shadow_Phantom12
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Are you hitting on me?
Huh? Am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
congrats chief
Thank you very much.

Quote:
He's a WO1, still a 'Mister'. Won't be a 'Chief' til CW2.

Don't mention it. Just try to enjoy yourself while you're at Rucker. You're going to be there for 18 mos to 2 years, depending on your advanced airframe, so it's important to have a good mix of work and play.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any more questions.
Actually, it's Miss, not Mister. It's a common misconception on this forum that most members are males.

Don't you worry, you'll probably be hearing from me a few more times. I know that eventually I'll loosen up but not until after I've actually begun and know what's going on. Right now it's too soon and I don't want to ruin this good thing. Thank you again for taking time to answer some questions. You're much appreciated!
      07-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #17
sysfailur
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Actually, it's Miss, not Mister. It's a common misconception on this forum that most members are males.
In the Colonial Fleet, they refer to everyone as either Mister or Sir.

Seriously though, I apologize. 95% of the aviators I have met have been male.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #18
Shadow_Phantom12
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
In the Colonial Fleet, they refer to everyone as either Mister or Sir.

Seriously though, I apologize. 95% of the aviators I have met have been male.
Hey, it's no problem. In Iraq and Afghanistan they also call everyone Mister too
I'm used to it
      07-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #19
drift90
1st gear newbie
Canada
Rep
Drives: Its rather sexy

GOOD MAN!
congrats nwo get a job (Y)
Appreciate 0