E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 2008 BMW Takes off from an airstrip ...

01-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #45
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

What did everyone learn from this?

I learned nothing new, but my 'ideas' have been reinforced. 18 year-olds have poor judgement more commonly than older drivers. I know - I was 18 once too.

Life is ridiculously short enough already - don't take risks that may be fatal.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #46
BayAreaE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 91' 850i

Garage List
1991 850i  [7.75]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
I'm a young man @ 20 years old...yet I do my $hit talking on the track...where you SHOULD take your car if you're an adrenaline junkie.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 07:52 PM   #47
matt.love84
xXx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90.

so then wait, it WASN'T his M5 as claimed in the thread he made correct?

LIAR!

oh well. Very sad.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #48
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

You guys in CA are lucky that you have so many tracks to choose from...I have sebring...but it's an ass of a drive to get there.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 01:23 AM   #49
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgunner View Post
Note to self... When you see Nathan laying on the side of the road after a horrible accident hoping someone will stop and help... Roll down the window and say "How are you?" and when Nathan says "I need help!"... Laugh and say sorry man, I really don't give a fu*k, was just asking how you were to be politically correct, then drive off...
It actually wouldn't surprise me and I would probably laugh a little on the inside, and then wait for the next person to come by. Then if nobody decides to stop, I die??
But what you said isn't related in any way to what I am talking about, and isn't a valid situation. Even if it was, you would just be proving what I said is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_328 View Post
So I assume a death sentence is ok when you or your love ones make their next mistake?

IMO, he's way off base. Perhaps he is surrounded by fake people and his sense of community is warped. That's a sad thought in itself.
Jay, not everything can be prevented and people ARE meant to die.
If I die because I choose to go 150mph down a road when it is raining, then I die.. Who cares?? It was my decision and I knew what I was doing. Just like it was all of the kids in the vehicles decision to go to an airstrip and race up and down it.

Case in point that older people make just as many mistakes/bad decisions.
They just aren't broadcasted as much, because people would rather hear about some young persons mistake so that they can criticize it. It would be ludicrous for someone to criticize an older more mature person, because they obviously do everything on purpose.

-Nathan
      01-31-2008, 01:27 AM   #50
Zeiss
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Good parenting is hard to come by these days...
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 01:39 AM   #51
uabimmer
Україна
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: JB e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 330i  [0.00]
wow that is depressing.

Makes you think twice about hitting that pedal.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 02:37 AM   #52
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
If I die because I choose to go 150mph down a road when it is raining, then I die.. Who cares?? It was my decision and I knew what I was doing. Just like it was all of the kids in the vehicles decision to go to an airstrip and race up and down it. -Nathan
Nathan, your 1st sentence is fact but I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on the rest. You posted above "who cares" if you die from an act of carelessness/ stupidity? I'd like to think you have family and friends that would care. It is commonly said that a parent should never bury a child and obviously it is something which they never fully recover. But if you are indeed surrounded by fake people I understand your reason for posting such. And that's still a sombering thought to me.

Two days ago a Mother (whom I've spoken to a few times at the gym) lost her 19 year old son in an auto accident. Yes he was speeding and run head-on into his girlfriends best friend. His girls best friend was treated for minor injuries and released. Was this accident preventable? Possibly it was, nevertheless it is a sad situation for all involved. And I will express my condolences to his Mother when I see her again. Why? Because IMO it is the human thing to do.

But of course you have the right to feel as you do.
      01-31-2008, 06:26 AM   #53
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
people are afraid of death..... thus they get intruiged by it.
Not sure why. It's just a natural process of life afterall.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 06:28 AM   #54
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
It actually wouldn't surprise me and I would probably laugh a little on the inside, and then wait for the next person to come by. Then if nobody decides to stop, I die??
But what you said isn't related in any way to what I am talking about, and isn't a valid situation. Even if it was, you would just be proving what I said is correct.

If I die because I choose to go 150mph down a road when it is raining, then I die.. Who cares?? It was my decision and I knew what I was doing. Just like it was all of the kids in the vehicles decision to go to an airstrip and race up and down it.

Case in point that older people make just as many mistakes/bad decisions.
They just aren't broadcasted as much, because people would rather hear about some young persons mistake so that they can criticize it. It would be ludicrous for someone to criticize an older more mature person, because they obviously do everything on purpose.

-Nathan
Painful. That's probably $300,000 in damage.

And you're right about accidents that adults have not being broadcasted as much! It's unfortunate that people like to criticize others just so they can feel better about themselves. After all, that's the only reason people criticize others.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #55
Slke46
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

Man thats sad, sad to hear all 5 have died due to inexperience and maturity. RIP and condolences to the families and friends...