E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > G37 vs Genesis Coupe

View Poll Results: G37 vs Genesis Coupe
Genesis Coupe 79 52.67%
G37 71 47.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

01-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #23
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
QQ.

The front of the car looks horrible (admittedly, that's subjective) ...but lets be REAL here. Would you REALLY feel confident saying you own a Hyundai?
QQ? really? go kill yourself you smug piece of shit. to answer your question; as long as the car is reliable and im happy with it then, yes, absolutely.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #24
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Genesis Coupe. I personally think it looks nicer and I'd rather have F/I 4 banger than N/A 6.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #25
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
QQ? really? go kill yourself you smug piece of shit. to answer your question; as long as the car is reliable and im happy with it then, yes, absolutely.

Wow man you really must have some problems at home just relax.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #26
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post

Wow man you really must have some problems at home just relax.
rough morning.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #27
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
rough morning.
What is QQ?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 11:48 AM   #28
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M5

QQ is something like a taunt. "Cry, cry" or "cry more". You'll see it more in games than on forums.

I agree with jh, if the car is good, I have no problems "feeling confident" saying I own a Hyundai. I always like theads of this sort. You always find out who bought their car for the car and who just needed the badge for reasons we won't get into here.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #29
gshb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik View Post
QQ is something like a taunt. "Cry, cry" or "cry more". You'll see it more in games than on forums.

I agree with jh, if the car is good, I have no problems "feeling confident" saying I own a Hyundai. I always like theads of this sort. You always find out who bought their car for the car and who just needed the badge for reasons we won't get into here.
you mean with respect to bmw, right? because even the g37 is a value against the 335i....
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #30
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

The value of the Genesis is hard to beat, but for overall refinement, build, and quality I'd say the G is far ahead.
      01-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #31
FR305
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335i Coupe

Truth be told, if I didnt have the money to buy a 335i I would buy the Genesis instead of any other car. Specially during this economic situation, I think I would be the smartest thing to do. Believe me I rather be driving a Hyundai Genesis Coupe that a can give back if I loose my job than to be stuck paying 800 dollars for a leased 335i.( Not mentioning that the G coupe is going to be fast as fuck with just a couple of cheap mods and probably much faster than many 335i's)
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #32
FR305
Banned
United_States
Rep

Genesis Coupe with the right set of wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #33
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs down

Hyundai is making a good car, but they really need a design team that doesn't copy shit from other brands. It just makes the car look a cheap knock off which hurts the brand itself.

I mean seriously:
Genesis Sedan - Stolen Benz Grill,
Genesis Coupe - Styling cues stolen straight from Infinity G35/37.

They need to create their own identity.

It reminds me of this shit from a Chinese car company that basically copied BMWs SUVs and sedans for their own cars:

That's some dirty shit.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #34
gshb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
It reminds me of this shit from a Chinese car company that basically copied BMWs SUVs and sedans for their own cars:

That's some dirty shit.
but...but I love the CEO! and gauging from the picture, theres a sport model now! i mean, the CEO would be the smartest choice if I were to lose my job!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #35
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
in regards to auto manufacterers copying other designs, I think everyone can find similarities between two different brands whether it be the shape of the overall car or the headlights, tailights, etc.. so I don't think it's only Hyundai copying Infinity/Nissan.

To be honest I like the headlights on the Genesis over the G37. That is why to this day I still like the overall shape of the G35 over the G37. I'm sure the insides of the G37 will be much superior than the Hyundai, but purely on looks, I don't htink either "wins" hands down. I like the tailights on the G37 and the headlights on the Genesis
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #36
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshb View Post
love how all these gen coupe pics are hiding the ugly lines. no doubt you will need to mod it to make it look decent. besides, ive never been a fan of old tiburon styling...

what ugly lines are you talking about in regards to the Genesis coupe? Post some pics so we can all see. However I do agree that the old tiburon looks like ass, but the Genesis to me looks pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #37
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

I think people always will get there panties in a bunch and try extra hard to find flaws in something to justify there taste and closed mind. This car is a very good looking car even in stock form. I have also heard that the fit and finish rivals the big guys as well.

People say it MUST be modified to look good, well that goes for a lot of cars. Hence why people *cough* modify... people modify everything from budget econo cars to exotics. I can't wait to see what tuners can do with this F/I 4 banger/rwd/coupe. I've always loved a good underdog.

P.S. why the fuck are people talking about previous gen Tiburon and whatever, this umm... isn't a tiburon and it isn't that car.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #38
FR305
Banned
United_States
Rep

^^
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #39
gshb
First Lieutenant
Rep

double flame surfacing didnt work in 1997. it doesnt work now. no amount of quad exhausts and wheels can change that. and guess what? most bmws look great out of the factory. so i dunno why everyone is splooging on the genesis coupe.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #40
JIM E92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe

The rear window dip on the concept was interesting, not so much on the production version.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #41
dlwhite
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite 2007 335xi

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
If the Genesis is as bulletproof as the Elantra we purchased 5 years ago and has the same waranty...I am in.
      01-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #42
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
most bmws look great out of the factory. so i dunno why everyone is splooging on the genesis coupe.
Here we go again, a BMW fanboi comparing a manufacturer that isn't even in the comparison. Beauty is deeper than skin.

For you:

1. Do not compare in any way a turbo/4 cylinder/rwd/sport coupe to an entry level luxury sport sedan, it makes you look foolish

2. I can assure you that many will forget about the G37 after a few bolt-ons and some tuning

3. The car looks great, and it is not just about what it looks like but what it can DO and how it DOES it

but most of all

With the economy the way it is and the decreasing bang for buck ratio in what is offered for cars now-a-days I think to put out things such as "at the end of the day it's still hyundai" or something like that is only a reflection of the lack of intellect in an individual for not seeing what a car like this really has to offer.

Such as finding a good woman, most of the people with "ballin' brand name this and big name that" have beautiful wives that are nothing but morally retarded gold-digging whores while the smarter people thought outside the box, swallowed there pride and gave something a chance and found that cool, cute, keeper of a woman and aren't getting divorced because they found out wifey was banging the neighbors 21 year old son
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #43
gshb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
Here we go again, a BMW fanboi comparing a manufacturer that isn't even in the comparison. Beauty is deeper than skin.

For you:

1. Do not compare in any way a turbo/4 cylinder/rwd/sport coupe to an entry level luxury sport sedan, it makes you look foolish

2. I can assure you that many will forget about the G37 after a few bolt-ons and some tuning

3. The car looks great, and it is not just about what it looks like but what it can DO and how it DOES it

but most of all

With the economy the way it is and the decreasing bang for buck ratio in what is offered for cars now-a-days I think to put out things such as "at the end of the day it's still hyundai" or something like that is only a reflection of the lack of intellect in an individual for not seeing what a car like this really has to offer.

Such as finding a good woman, most of the people with "ballin' brand name this and big name that" have beautiful wives that are nothing but morally retarded gold-digging whores while the smarter people thought outside the box, swallowed there pride and gave something a chance and found that cool, cute, keeper of a woman and aren't getting divorced because they found out wifey was banging the neighbors 21 year old son
oh great, someone made a list!

1. are you not doing that by comparing to an infiniti g?

2. isnt the point of this thread...oh screw it. i cant dumb myself down to argue.

btw i have nothing against hyundai. seriously xxxforgedxxx, you dont need to wave your dick pointing it at bmw fanbois (sic).
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #44
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
oh great, someone made a list!

1. are you not doing that by comparing to an infiniti g?

2. isnt the point of this thread...oh screw it. i cant dumb myself down to argue.

btw i have nothing against hyundai. seriously xxxforgedxxx, you dont need to wave your dick pointing it at bmw fanbois (sic).
In case you didn't notice, the thread title is G37 vs Genesis Coupe. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Appreciate 0