E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > So who in this board plays Golf?

06-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #23
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

No home course for me, I have friends that belong to different clubs. However, I did play Congressional Blue course a couple weeks ago, shot 78, greens were tough.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #24
ToothDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 TTS, CLA 45 AMG

Not as good as you guys, but I do usually keep a 7-9 index (approx) but I don't consider my "home" course as part of my index which is probably closer to 3-5. I don't have an official handicap so don't crucify me guys.

Here's my stuff:

Ping G25 10.5 with Graphite Design BB S +1/2 inch swingweighted at D8
Ping K15 3 wood S flex swingweight at D3
4 and 5 Iron Mizuno MP something forged cavities (I actually don't know LOL)
6-pw Mizuno Blades. All irons on Rifle 6.0 at D3
54 and 60 degree Cleveland wedges at D6 with low bounce (I usually play cheap courses with lots of tight lies, hardpan, and thin sand)
Ping putter with a whole lotta lead for headweight.

Ball: Top Flite XL Distance yellow balls hahahahaha

Seriously, the ball. Statistically I don't score better with Pro V1 or Callaways so why bother playing 5$ golf balls when I can play with 75cent golf balls at the local munis? Ugly yellow balls because most guys at the munis don't like to steal yellow balls. I noticed that I lose a lot less balls now that other guys don't pick up my balls.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #25
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothDoc View Post

Ping G25 10.5 with Graphite Design BB S +1/2 inch swingweighted at D8
Doc, how's that BB shaft doing for you? Do you like the flight? I hear its quite low. I've been using the DJ for quite some time and the ball is getting too much air time and no roll at all.
      06-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #26
ToothDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 TTS, CLA 45 AMG

The BB shaft is a low spin shaft for sure hence the 10.5 head. I think I can get 10 yards or more carry if it would just go a little higher. I'm thinking I might try a DI shaft with a 9.5 for comparison.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #27
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
I'm a total golf nut that plays 50-60 rounds a season. Crazy game.

Currently in the bag...

D: Nike Covert Tour
5w: Taylormade Rocketballz
3h: Taylormade Rocketballz
4i-PW: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro
49*, 53*, 57*: SCOR Golf
P: Nike Method Midnight 008

Ball: Srixon Z Star
      06-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #28
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I hear ya. I usually work 4am-noon so that leaves me all afternoon to play golf and now that it doesn't get dark till 8 I can easily fit in a round here and there. Currently am a +.5 right now.

home course: La Purisima Golf course.

what are your home courses guys?
I have flat out told my assistant that I will be playing golf on Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons and all of my employees know that I won't be around or available at those times. Been much happier at work the rest of the time and when I need to work late into the night because of it. Currently am carrying a 2.4, though that's probably low since I went 64 at a local muni and then 68 at a buddy's home course.

Home courses: Hawks Landing Golf Club in Verona, WI and Glen Oaks CC in Des Moines, IA
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #29
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
I have flat out told my assistant that I will be playing golf on Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons and all of my employees know that I won't be around or available at those times. Been much happier at work the rest of the time and when I need to work late into the night because of it. Currently am carrying a 2.4, though that's probably low since I went 64 at a local muni and then 68 at a buddy's home course.

Home courses: Hawks Landing Golf Club in Verona, WI and Glen Oaks CC in Des Moines, IA
your post reminded me of this commercial

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #30
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
your post reminded me of this commercial
I have 2 employees who golf, both of who play with me on weekends and Tuesday mornings when they don't have other things going on. Everybody else doesn't even want anything to do with golf and leave us alone those days. Everybody has some days that they just go and do what they want and we are happier for it. As long as things are getting done in the amount of time that they need to be, people can have the time they want to do things.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #31
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

Quote:
I hear ya. I usually work 4am-noon so that leaves me all afternoon to play golf and now that it doesn't get dark till 8 I can easily fit in a round here and there. Currently am a +.5 right now.

home course: La Purisima Golf course.

Royal Hawaiian CC on Oahu, Bears Best CC Las Vegas. Currently a broken hand mending so haven't played in 2 months. I can tell its gonna be sore when I go back.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 06:14 AM   #32
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^Yikes broken hand! def better take your time coming back I can only imagine what a heavy wedge shot would do to your hand ouch. Well recover fast and hope you get on the links sooner then later.

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 06:16 AM   #33
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
I have 2 employees who golf, both of who play with me on weekends and Tuesday mornings when they don't have other things going on. Everybody else doesn't even want anything to do with golf and leave us alone those days. Everybody has some days that they just go and do what they want and we are happier for it. As long as things are getting done in the amount of time that they need to be, people can have the time they want to do things.
thats awesome! and yes totally agree I am firm believer in judging employees by their results and not their time clock. Im off to golf this afternoon today should be a nice 80 degrees no wind

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #34
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
thats awesome! and yes totally agree I am firm believer in judging employees by their results and not their time clock. Im off to golf this afternoon today should be a nice 80 degrees no wind
I'm jealous it's been 85 degrees and hovering around 75% humidity for the past week or 2 with almost no wind. I would be more than okay with the wind at this point. Shoot well in that beautiful weather.

On top of that, for Father's Day, I got my old man some time with my instructor, and that is this afternoon. I figure I will venture out and see how things are going an hour or so in, and then try to take some money off of some of the guys I find out there. Have to get the game in shape to win the member/guest event that I have this weekend so I can get to go play Pinehurst for free in the BMW event they have there this year.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #35
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
I'm jealous it's been 85 degrees and hovering around 75% humidity for the past week or 2 with almost no wind. I would be more than okay with the wind at this point. Shoot well in that beautiful weather.

On top of that, for Father's Day, I got my old man some time with my instructor, and that is this afternoon. I figure I will venture out and see how things are going an hour or so in, and then try to take some money off of some of the guys I find out there. Have to get the game in shape to win the member/guest event that I have this weekend so I can get to go play Pinehurst for free in the BMW event they have there this year.
Awesome, I'm sure your dad is stoked to have that. Great incentive to win then! better go practice that short game let me know how you do this weekend and good luck. Im sure you have your strategy etc.. but for me whenever I play in big tournaments or money games the game seems to speed up and before you know it your over par and its 16th hole. I find to take longer with everything more so then you think and it helps tremendously. Anywho good luck!

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #36
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
Awesome, I'm sure your dad is stoked to have that. Great incentive to win then! better go practice that short game let me know how you do this weekend and good luck. Im sure you have your strategy etc.. but for me whenever I play in big tournaments or money games the game seems to speed up and before you know it your over par and its 16th hole. I find to take longer with everything more so then you think and it helps tremendously. Anywho good luck!
Thank you! Over the past few years I have been focusing more and more on tournament play since I can no longer play soccer competitively and love having competition. Slowing down is probably the best advice I have ever gotten and to have somebody reiterate that is awesome!

Short game is what I'm working on tonight, if my father and I play, I will be putting myself in the worst possible spots around the greens just to be sure that I'm capable of what I think I am. Last weekends city qualifier, I had 0 putts and 3 birdies on the first three holes. 2 chip ins and one drained from the sand. I couldn't repeat that performance again for a while
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #37
slalomfever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nardo Grey F80

WOW you guys are pretty good. Been playing for about 12 years or so but struggle to break 80. (only 4 times so far) Unfortunately, here in the North East, we only get to play from April to October. Bethpage State park is 10 minutes from home so I get to play there quite often.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 11:09 PM   #38
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Home course: Mission Hills Shenzhen and Dongguan 12 courses

I play mostly the Faldo course at the Mid Valley Clubhouse which is about an hour drive each way. Yes I have to drive an hour to get to my golf course lol fml.

I actually live very near (5 mins drive) from the best golf course in Hong Kong at The Hong Kong Golf Club in Fanling where the UBS HK Open is played. Sad news is it cost roughly $2M usd just to step foot in it.
      06-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #39
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^2Mill wow thats crazy

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 02:55 AM   #40
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

I just started to. I suck.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #41
Reelknead1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

I've been playing golf since I was roughly 12 years old. My best index was while I was playing in College, that was a +2.8. These days, I play at least once a week but practice 2-3 days. I play a lot at my course in Charlotte with a current index is a +.1. I didn't play any of the events this year but I usually try my luck at the USGA qualifiers. Being fairly new to Charlotte, I've never played in the City AM but I've also heard that is a good tournament.

My golf Bag
D - Taylormade SLDR 430 TP w/ UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x
3w - Taylormade V-Steel w/ 83g Blueboard X
3h - Taylormade Stage 2 tour w/ Stock X flex
Irons - Taylormade 2011 Forged MB TP w/ X100
Wedges - Vokey SM4 52,56,60
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 11:24 PM   #42
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Update:

I do not have a golf bag. I gave my like new golf bag to my future stepfather for father's day. He went to play golf with the bag, and he is really happy with it.

I would like to buy those white Ping Tour bags. I love those things.
I've seen Gxx white ping bags for $100. Planning to buy one (if still available).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
I use to play a lot. After RA, I haven't played nor practiced for 5+ years.
I even have a golf swinging place with net set up inside my basement. As soon as it gets better, I am planning to start practice.

As for a Golf clubs. i am a fan of PING irons. Anser,G,i,or S. I tend to lean towards i's.
I still have i5, and TM R5's.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #43
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Posted this in the recently purchased thread as well, though I think this will also fit here.

Not my exact putter because it hasn't shown up yet, but this is what I bought myself for getting my handicap back to a +
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #44
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
WOW you guys are pretty good. Been playing for about 12 years or so but struggle to break 80. (only 4 times so far) Unfortunately, here in the North East, we only get to play from April to October. Bethpage State park is 10 minutes from home so I get to play there quite often.
I played for 15 years and never got my handicap below 15. I decided to quit in 2008 (we had a golf club membership for those 15 years and we dropped it to social and tennis) and as soon as I did, I shot 78 and 79 (only two times I ever broke 8) and had an eagle on a par four. I told the golf gods they weren't going to get me with that kind of trickery. I have played maybe twice since.

I picked up bowling seriously and I have four top ten finishes in regional PBA tournaments as a result. I haven't been bowling many tournaments the last year though.
Appreciate 0