E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Are you healthy?

07-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #89
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

I'm not the type of dude that takes mirror pics nor do i like posting selfies... but here's a pic i took late last year/ early this year. I was 190lbs then, i'm almost stable at 195lbs now. This is where i wanna be. 200lbs is too much
Attached Images

07-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #90
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
I'm not the type of dude that takes mirror pics nor do i like posting selfies... but here's a pic i took late last year/ early this year. I was 190lbs then, i'm almost stable at 195lbs now. This is where i wanna be. 200lbs is too much

Looks good, how tall are you? I guess about 5'11" unless you have skinny legs like me.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #91
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
Looks good, how tall are you? I guess about 5'11" unless you have skinny legs like me.
thanks, im 6ft even. Yea my legs need a little work lol
      07-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #92
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
thanks, im 6ft even. Yea my legs need a little work lol
It's pretty easy to put leg days on the back burner, because lets face it, most of what we notice is from the waist up.

Playing ice hockey for 17 years helped me keep my legs under attention, otherwise, they would probably be sticks to this day.

I still have to convince myself to do legs during the week, I just don't really enjoy many leg workouts.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #93
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

@Whostheboss

Your physique has loads of potential man. I see it. A little bit of emphasis on diet & cardio and you'd see some impressive changes.

Here's one of me at 190 lbs., 8% bf.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #94
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

<<< puts Snicker bar down
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #95
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw
Is this a thread for thirty somethings? I think I am healthy but I had stage 3b colon cancer and I before that I also thought I was healthy. Here are before and after pictures. The fist one is from a trip to Cancun in the summer of 2005 a year before the onset of the cancer when I was 49. The second was taken in April out in the front yard. I have always exercised, ran, played basketball, lifted weights. I beat the cancer but it has had a deep impact on my guts and my physical condition after. I don't have much stamina anymore and haven't been able to rebuild it but I have been able to rebuild some of my bulk strength through weightlifting. I played bball for a few years after the surgery but quit at 54 to start tennis. So now I play tennis, lift weghts and do yoga. I think I am healthy at 58.
This is awesome. Congrats for beating the cancer. My grandmother beat it once, but succumbed the second time around (...about 10 years later). Beating it that first time gave her an extra decade of life. Keep up the good fight man.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #96
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
@Whostheboss

Your physique has loads of potential man. I see it. A little bit of emphasis on diet & cardio and you'd see some impressive changes.

Natural or enhanced?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #97
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
      07-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #98
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth
Quote:
@Whostheboss

Natural or enhanced?
Natural. I wish I were enhanced (...my raw lifting numbers probably would have a higher ceiling; I can't lift any heavier at my body weight). A few friends have tried to get me on GH, but I'm too scared to try it admittedly. I don't want that GH look either. Once you have it, you're stuck with it.

Just for reference, here's a pic of me in 9th grade. LOL! I had more muscle in 9th grade than many grown men. Feel free to clown me for wearing Levi Silvertabs that were many sizes too big. I've always had really good genetics.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 07-17-2014 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #99
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
This is awesome. Congrats for beating the cancer. My grandmother beat it once, but succumbed the second time around (...about 10 years later). Beating it that first time gave her an extra decade of life. Keep up the good fight man.
Thanks! I think the physical activity let's my body know it's still needed and can still keep going. That is how I rehabbed from the surgery. I completely lost my strength and could barely walk 1/4 mile. A lot of people just don't get past all that and think that life is over, that is why I think the metastasis get's so many. So I made sure to let my body know that it was going to recover to a good percentage of what it used to be.

When I started lifting again, it was with extremely light weights. I still can't run 2 miles anymore but I used to be able to go out and run 4 miles in 40 minutes any time. When I was running in my 30s I would do 5 miles in 38 minutes five days a week. I am pretty sure the chemo is what caused the loss in stamina.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #100
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #101
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
It's pretty easy to put leg days on the back burner, because lets face it, most of what we notice is from the waist up.

Playing ice hockey for 17 years helped me keep my legs under attention, otherwise, they would probably be sticks to this day.

I still have to convince myself to do legs during the week, I just don't really enjoy many leg workouts.
I think my chicken legs came from years of playing HS soccer, lol. But yea, i do need to start focusing on leg days.
      07-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #102
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
I think my chicken legs came from years of playing HS soccer, lol. But yea, i do need to start focusing on leg days.
Squats should be an essential part of any training program
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #103
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post

Squat deep.....squat heavy. Back squat and front squat. The legs will come. I squat twice a week, and leg days are by far the most mental (...and most rewarding) of them all.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #104
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
@Whostheboss

that's insane muscle my dude! Thanks i'll keep up the good work.
      07-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #105
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Squat deep.....squat heavy. Back squat and front squat. The legs will come. I squat twice a week, and leg days are by far the most mental (...and most rewarding) of them all.
Got any advice for the chest?

My legs are pretty thick all around (years of swimming, pushing off the wals, etc). I've never struggled with legs so far, but I still struggle with my chest. I have taken a long hiatus from lifting but just got back into it in the last month and a half. I know it will take a while, but if there is one thing I would want to improve on my body it would be my chest. In my current routine, I pretty much do chest twice a week. One day is straight bench and dips and triceps work, the second day is incline dumbell drop sets and cable flyes.
      07-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #106
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Is this a thread for thirty somethings? I think I am healthy but I had stage 3b colon cancer and I before that I also thought I was healthy. Here are before and after pictures. The fist one is from a trip to Cancun in the summer of 2005 a year before the onset of the cancer when I was 49. The second was taken in April out in the front yard. I have always exercised, ran, played basketball, lifted weights. I beat the cancer but it has had a deep impact on my guts and my physical condition after. I don't have much stamina anymore and haven't been able to rebuild it but I have been able to rebuild some of my bulk strength through weightlifting. I played bball for a few years after the surgery but quit at 54 to start tennis. So now I play tennis, lift weghts and do yoga. I think I am healthy at 58.
Congrats mate! I'll buy you a drink if I ever run into you at Bartlett's.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #107
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Got any advice for the chest?

My legs are pretty thick all around (years of swimming, pushing off the wals, etc). I've never struggled with legs so far, but I still struggle with my chest. I have taken a long hiatus from lifting but just got back into it in the last month and a half. I know it will take a while, but if there is one thing I would want to improve on my body it would be my chest. In my current routine, I pretty much do chest twice a week. One day is straight bench and dips and triceps work, the second day is incline dumbell drop sets and cable flyes.

To be honest, my chest is, by far, the weakest link in my physical profile; legs are my strongest. It just does not grow. I become insanely strong for my size, but I believe that is because I have really strong legs and a really strong back (..two areas that are emphasized heavily in a bench press). I've been lifting seriously since 2006, and I've run the entire recommended profile (..creatine, protein supplements, various bench/dumbbell exercises, dips, various fly techniques, etc.) with very little result other than the improvements in myofibrillar muscle fibers. My chest is very dense/hard, but it isn't very big. I have friends who have really nice chest profiles (..wider, broader, thicker), but those guys would have nice chests whether they lifted hard or not; some of my other friends have done a few cycles of GH to achieve the growth that they wanted.

With that said, understand that genetics dictate much of what we look like. Our muscle bellies/shape/length/etc. is dictated by our genetic profile (..i.e..a guy with a crooked, asymmetrical set of abs cannot change that). If I were to lend any advice from my personal experience it would be this....

....flat bench and dip................a lot! Vary the intensity, the depth, the weight, the tempo, the angle, etc., but those two exercises have been responsible for the much of the change that I've seen. Flat bench for overall upper body development and power; the dip for pec thickness (..you can produce some mean contractions from a well done dip).

Just for shits and giggles, we had a pull-up/dip contest in the E46Fanatics Health & Fitness forum in which we posted videos of our max numbers. Here is a dip video that I submitted (..done post-workout), and a Power Clean warm-up video.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 07-17-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 12:54 PM   #108
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I was going to say alot of the fly routines I do and flat bench have really started shaping my chest region. I am finally get some profile to my abs back, but I have been more focused on building my pecks.

I really need to put some focus into my shoulders/back. Shoulder shrugs are only doing so much.

*thanks for the tip on dip. I haven't even thought to do dips, and really haven't in forever.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #109
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Your post made me tear up a bit in a good way though. I lost my dear Aunt at 51 years old last year to breast cancer, but reading and seeing your story is inspiring to me for other cancer fighters/victors. My wifey works at City of Hope (cancer hospital) and the stories I hear from her are both heart breaking and heart warming.

Looking good man!

Quote:
Quote:
@Whostheboss

Nice, just get that definition and you will own the beach!

Bro, you're more toned than the instructor on the Insanity workout haha. Now, I got to take some pics over the weekend!

Quote:
I literally pictured this
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #110
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

sedan clan needs to start a personal trainer thread.
Appreciate 0