E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Gran Premio De Espaņa 2013

05-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #45
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
As I said before someone is going to get hurt with these sheety tires. Why would they waste so much rubber all over the world. Sheety clag all over the damn place. Delamination in F fkng 1??? Wtf. Please Bridgestone COME BACK!
that's all.

Great coverage here. Thanks.
      05-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #46
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
and so the countdown begins on the inevitable Hamilton meltdown. My guess is either Budapest or Dubai (Mercedes usually manages to make slight improvements to the car over the break, but it doesn't last)
Too funny. Well I guess the honeymoon phase is over
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #47
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timujin View Post
As I said before someone is going to get hurt with these sheety tires. Why would they waste so much rubber all over the world. Sheety clag all over the damn place. Delamination in F fkng 1??? Wtf. Please Bridgestone COME BACK!
that's all.

Great coverage here. Thanks.
Simply because when Pirelli signed the contract when Bridgestone pulled out of F1. (F1 did not kick Bridgestone out, they chose to leave) Pirelli were asked to make less durable tires to make the show more exciting.
Thus in 2011, they introduced the tires and new ways to manage them.

Gone were the days of prime tires will last 55 out of 56 laps. Now we got a new steeper degradation called the "cliff".

However, with 4 stops being the quickest way and options only last 6 laps were too extreme. Thus Pirelli will change the structure of the tires in Canada.
If you remember 2010, even the Bridgestones had degradation issues in Montreal as well.
And there will be further changes to keep the race around 3 stop strategy in Silverstone.

However, more durable tires, seemed to benefit Mercedes and Red Bull as RBR is the most vocal about fragile tires. And Lotus will seemed to have their advantage taken away, unless they can manage to push from 3 stop to 2 stop without sacrifice too much pace.
      05-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #48
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Simply because when Pirelli signed the contract when Bridgestone pulled out of F1. (F1 did not kick Bridgestone out, they chose to leave) Pirelli were asked to make less durable tires to make the show more exciting.
Thus in 2011, they introduced the tires and new ways to manage them.

Gone were the days of prime tires will last 55 out of 56 laps. Now we got a new steeper degradation called the "cliff".

However, with 4 stops being the quickest way and options only last 6 laps were too extreme. Thus Pirelli will change the structure of the tires in Canada.
If you remember 2010, even the Bridgestones had degradation issues in Montreal as well.
And there will be further changes to keep the race around 3 stop strategy in Silverstone.

However, more durable tires, seemed to benefit Mercedes and Red Bull as RBR is the most vocal about fragile tires. And Lotus will seemed to have their advantage taken away, unless they can manage to push from 3 stop to 2 stop without sacrifice too much pace.
Agreed. They had to do something before eau rouge came. It could get ugly.

Curious to see how Ferrari continues to do on this Italian tire I'm sure L.D.M. had nothing to do with Espana. Ciao.
      05-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #49
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R

C'mon Webbo, lets bring it home in Monaco!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #50
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:

Curious to see how Ferrari continues to do on this Italian tire I'm sure L.D.M. had nothing to do with Espana. Ciao.
Oh PLEASE, give me a break. If you really think there's a conspiracy then why hasn't Ferrari won a single driver's or constructor's championship while Pirelli tires have been in use?
      05-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #51
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Oh PLEASE, give me a break. If you really think there's a conspiracy then why hasn't Ferrari won a single driver's or constructor's championship while Pirelli tires have been in use?
Don't forget Scuderia Ferrari hired Hirohide Hamashima, ex-Bridgestone Motorsport Tyre Development as their own in-house Tyre Development.

Ferrari understands no matter how good the car is, everything comes down to the black rubber meets the road. In Schumi age, they work closely with Bridgestone. And now they even hire the boss of Bridgestone Motorsport director. To use his knowledge to understand the most out of the new Pirelli tyres.