E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > NHL 2010/2011 season thread

05-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #89
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Pretty disappointing. They just don't seem to have that other gear that they've called upon in the past to close games out. Howard hasn't been a difference maker and in the playoffs you need that. Niemi has been much, much better.
Well, the first two games, Howard stood on his head and the skaters sucked.

In Game 3 the skaters did well (should have finished better still, but at least they put some pucks in the net and more importantly severely limited SJ's scoring chances), but Howard was extremely subpar.

When you always have only one element of your game clicking at a time, you'll lose close games. They need to be a team that has everything clicking at once, and their "off-days" need to be shared by all aspects of play. That way, you win a bunch of games and then once in a while you'll lose by a bunch, but in the end all that counts is wins and losses, not how closely you played the other team.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #90
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

^^^^
Sorry about their luck....looks like you can cheer for the Canucks instead.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #91
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
^^^^
Sorry about their luck....looks like you can cheer for the Canucks instead.
I will cheer for SJ to get anally raped in the next round.

Last year I actually ended up cheering for Chicago (even though I hate the Blackhawks) because they ended up playing SJ and then Philly, two teams I hate more than any other teams in hockey....
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #92
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep
Drives: Imola Red F80 M3

Sucks man. I thought the wings were gonna be rolling this year. Honestly though this series can easily be 2-1 Wings. All three games were very close (with the exception of the 2nd period in the first 2 games). Datsyuk looks amazing out there. Its the little things that killed us like Justin taking that penalty and then getting on the ice and not clearing the zone. Then Darren who is always great makes a little mistake leading to the goal late in the 3rd in game 3.

I might sound crazy, but I still have hope. I always have hope and if a team can turn it on and start getting a few bounces their way anything can happen. Especially when you have the talent of the Red Wings.

SO GO WINGS!!!

Ps... if the wings lose the series I will definitley be cheering on the Canucks in the West!
      05-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #93
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Hasn't SJ taken 7 out of 8 of the last playoff games against Detroit with all wins coming by one goal and the one loss was by 6 goals? So they have a 7-1 record against us in that span of playoff games, but are only +1 in the goal differential category. That's amazing.

I guess they just know how to get it done in the close games against us, and we don't.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #94
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Hasn't SJ taken 7 out of 8 of the last playoff games against Detroit with all wins coming by one goal and the one loss was by 6 goals? So they have a 7-1 record against us in that span of playoff games, but are only +1 in the goal differential category. That's amazing.

I guess they just know how to get it done in the close games against us, and we don't.
I totally agree with that. We have our opportunities late in games or even in overtime to win! And we just cant finish! Drives me crazy!

The worst is watching us get great chances only to be finished off by a quick push through the neutral zone and lame wrist shot. Sucks ass.
      05-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #95
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Whats weird is I dont totally hate San Jose. I hate the Blackhawks and the Preds much more. I guess I kinda like guys like Thornton and coach Todd McLellan (being an ex-wings man and all). I definitely dislike them but dont hate them as much as I thought I would after all of these beatdowns.
      05-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #96
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax91 View Post
I totally agree with that. We have our opportunities late in games or even in overtime to win! And we just cant finish! Drives me crazy!

The worst is watching us get great chances only to be finished off by a quick push through the neutral zone and lame wrist shot. Sucks ass.
Yeah that was pretty lame, but the shot was placed really well. Detroit had about a million chances to place a shot that accurately to close the game out, and we failed every time.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #97
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah that was pretty lame, but the shot was placed really well. Detroit had about a million chances to place a shot that accurately to close the game out, and we failed every time.
Ya exactly what I mean. Like the shot Hudler put right into Niemi's glove. It seems like we're hitting him alot more than he is actually making the save.

I love Setos 2nd goal where it just slowely slide by Howard on a miss hit. We need more of those kinda goals.

Anyways, anything can happen just gotta hope things turn our way for 3 games like it has for SJ and get to a game 7. I know its highly unlikely, but I have faith.
      05-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #98
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax91 View Post
Whats weird is I dont totally hate San Jose. I hate the Blackhawks and the Preds much more. I guess I kinda like guys like Thornton and coach Todd McLellan (being an ex-wings man and all). I definitely dislike them but dont hate them as much as I thought I would after all of these beatdowns.
Watching those pussies get away with all that cheap-shotting and diving last year didn't make you hate them? You're a better man than I am, I guess. It's the same reason I hated Philly last year. They pulled the same shit.

I didn't hate them before that.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #99
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Watching those pussies get away with all that cheap-shotting and diving last year didn't make you hate them? You're a better man than I am, I guess. It's the same reason I hated Philly last year. They pulled the same shit.

I didn't hate them before that.
Dude trust me I hated that crap. What made it worse was the refs didnt call shit. I think I took it out more on them then on SJ because they were allowing it.

Plus have you been to a game in SJ? I went to the playoff series a few years ago when Robert Lang was on the team and got us into overtime with 20 seconds left. Matthew Schneider ended it for us in OT and I cheered and literally had beer and shit thrown all over me ha. On the way out everyone wanted to fight me it was nuts.

I guess I do hate them haha. Just somehow still not as much as thoses bitches kane hossa and the hawks and those hick fucks in Nashville.
      05-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #100
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Helm, it's about time you did something good. He's had a terrible series.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #101
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Epic comeback.
      05-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #102
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Atta boy Wings! Thank god for Datsyuk and Howard.
      05-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #103
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Yeah wow, didn't expect that. After the game went to 3-1, I figured we'd see the same ol' Wings that we're used to when they're down late facing elimination.

Thanks to Datsyuk and Howard alone, we won. Z looks healthy too. It'll be nice to sit Franzen and get a capable skater in his place for Game 6. It's great that he's tough and wants to play through the pain, but he was more of a hindrance trying to play out there on one leg. I wonder if we could find a way to put Modano in his place.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #104
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

I think we should throw Modano in there. If Franzen cant skate he's pretty worthless I felt bad for him. I think the last few weeks of the season Modano was actually skating very well and even though we had a pretty ugle end to the season he stuck out.

I also think Abdelkader needs a slap in the face. If he takes another bad penalty Babcock should beat his ass.
      05-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #105
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Ha I just read your last line that said to put Modano in. Looks like we're on the same page haha.

Anyways, maybe we can even throw Hudler in there for Justin. I know he's not as tough, but he makes good passes and doesnt take horrible penalties. Justin just seems a bit lost out there right now.
      05-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #106
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

I'd rather have Abdelkader in there than Hudler. You're right that he needs a slap in the face, but he doesn't always take dumb penalties anywhere near this often, so he's entirely capable of stopping that. Hudler just seems to be worthless. He makes good passes, but not passes that set up scoring chances, he gets ridden off the puck too much and doesn't play well in the defensive zone. I'll take Abdelkader any day if the decision was up to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #107
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Ya Hudler can be sketchy. Abby just scares me right now he needs to wake up.
      05-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #108
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
I think Abs just had a couple unlucky breaks. The one high sticking was sketchy, and it didn't look like he meant it. He definitely needs to watch himself, but I agree I'd rather have him than Huds. I'm sorry, but he never really made a full comeback.

I think they've gotten back in the flow, and know what they have to do. There is something wrong with Datsyuk, but that seems to be driving him to push harder than ever.

Do we know the extent of Franzen's injury?
      05-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #109
Cyrax91
YNWA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
I think Abs just had a couple unlucky breaks. The one high sticking was sketchy, and it didn't look like he meant it. He definitely needs to watch himself, but I agree I'd rather have him than Huds. I'm sorry, but he never really made a full comeback.

I think they've gotten back in the flow, and know what they have to do. There is something wrong with Datsyuk, but that seems to be driving him to push harder than ever.

Do we know the extent of Franzen's injury?
Havent heard much yet. All Babcock said was if Franzen wants to play he's in. So its up to him.

As for Datsyuk I think there is definitely something wrong with his wrist/hand. Hopefully it heals up a bit by tomorrow, but either way id have him out there with only one arm. The guy is amazingly skilled and has a huge heart.

Babs said "we will be better in Game 6".
      05-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #110
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Franzen wasn't worth the roster spot even before Thornton targeted his ankle with that cheap shot. I hope he realizes this. A healthy Modano would be 100x better than Franzen in the condition he was in even before that cheap shot.

Datsyuk was still our best player besides Zetterberg that last game (Z came up huge on D even though he didn't accumulate the points like Datsyuk), but you could see that Datsyuk is suffering on the defensive side of the puck. He wasn't able to create the turnovers he usually does, and I think that had a lot to do with why our chances rushing back up ice were so limited. Detroit takes for granted how many odd man rushes or even rushes into the zone we get just based on his defensive play alone. He'll be better for Game 6 though.
Appreciate 0