E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Earphone.... which one you like??

04-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #23
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

The V-Moda Vibe Duo are a amazing set of headphones. I bought the Shure SE110 and returned them the next day. They were uncomfortable and lacked bass and a full sound. The V-Moda's fit amazing and sound great. For $100 there is not a better product.
      04-17-2008, 01:17 AM   #24
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sexion View Post
not really, paying $$$ for earphone is worth it for me at least...well at least $70-120 range...... more than that is just too much $$$$
dont get me wrong. I was one of the person thought why would people pay $$$$ for just piece of earphone.
the most ive spent on headphones was 116 on some wicked sony headphones that were bluetooth compatible with my phone. they are fucking awesome in the aspect of sound quality. plus, they look awesome, have a long ass battery life, and convenient. i rock them all the time. look at them and tell me it isnt the most bad assed/functional headset ever ever ever.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId=11039165

04-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #25
tron1043
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive

Garage List
2013 328i M-Sport  [0.00]
2012 F30 335i  [0.00]
Shure for earphones/earbuds. Ultimate if you can afford them.

IGNORE the below if you don't want on-ear headphones.

AKG 701. So long as you use a headphone amplifier to drive them. A lot of people consider the 701s the best in the world. (Myself included.) I was a diehard Grado fan, until I got the 701s. They're are an open design, so they're loud to those around you. That's a downside, but only if you're listening in places where others demand silence.

The price is high, $400-450. (Got mine at Abe's of Maine for I think $300.) But they're probably the best sounding, and among the most comfortable headphones in the world. (So long as you use a headphone amplifier.)

Last edited by tron1043; 04-17-2008 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: Misread the call of the question.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #26
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

price range $100-150

considerng A8 for high end music, cm7ti for low bass..........
leaning towards cm7ti.....
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #27
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Headphones at the gym break too often to use nice ($) ones. I've been through many, many pairs in the past several years.

For everyday use (walking to work, at work), check out Shure.

Buy a pair that are comfortable and cheap for the gym. The pair I'm using now have lasted for 6 months. JVC marshmallow types. Sound is average for cheap buds, but the cord doesn't tangle, they stay in place, and they last. When these break, I'll buy several pairs from Amazon.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #28
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 535xi, '11 Panamera

Sennheiser
      04-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #29
jay spec
Rep
Drives: a 7-seater

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
I don't know about you, but I don't resell earphones, I use them until the break, nor would I want to wear someone's used in-ears.
i'm sure there are many people out there who use theirs until they break, as well as some that will use them for a period of time and then sell them for something else they'd like to try out. for myself, i've bought and sold many pairs, and resale value is definitely something to be taken into consideration prior to making a purchase.

on a sidenote - the tips on universals are replacable...most people that buy used will replace the tips before use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
my 12 dollar sony headphones do just fine for me lol.

im no jackass. i wouldnt pay more than 50 bucks for em. when will yall realize you pay for marketing mostly?

*sighs*
we could apply the same analogy to cars, but hopefully you see the correlation. you might think most of it is marketing, and sometimes it is, but the difference is real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron1043 View Post
Shure for earphones/earbuds. Ultimate if you can afford them.

IGNORE the below if you don't want on-ear headphones.

AKG 701. So long as you use a headphone amplifier to drive them. A lot of people consider the 701s the best in the world. (Myself included.) I was a diehard Grado fan, until I got the 701s. They're are an open design, so they're loud to those around you. That's a downside, but only if you're listening in places where others demand silence.

The price is high, $400-450. (Got mine at Abe's of Maine for I think $300.) But they're probably the best sounding, and among the most comfortable headphones in the world. (So long as you use a headphone amplifier.)
i would recommend shure for universal fit, and ultimate ears only for custom molded iem's. ue's universal fit iem's have been a disappointment for me.

the akg 701's are definitely nice (one of my favorites). the only grado's i've ever liked to this day are the hp1000's...before the whole "grado" sound came in with its overemphasized upper midrange/lower treble.

fyi, the 701's have always been available for less than $300 new. i would have to disagree on their comfort though...while the headgrip and earpads themselves are quite comfortable, the headband's center "pad" sticks out too far, causing an uncomfortable pressure at the center of your head during prolonged listening periods. aside from that though...the porcelain-look finish gives it that toilet bowl look, which can be a downside if you choose to wear these in a public environment

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #30
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen

Ultimate Ears...got mine Christmas before last (model 5). Great sound, deep bass and they fit awesome. I will never go back to regular earphones again.
Appreciate 0