E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > HELP!

04-19-2008, 02:32 AM   #1
rdkind62
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

HELP!

OK I admit it. This is going to sound like I am a complete ass, but come on. How many different posts do we need asking for help on color choice, size of wheels that will fit, what kind of trim, sport seats or not, nav. or no nav., man. vs. auto. trans., etc. Yes, I understand that this is a chat forum but some of these questions have become a little monotonous. Its like watching a chat that goes something like this.

"whats up?"
"not much, u?"
"nuthin, just hangin' out"
"yea, me too"
"nothin' to do"
"yea, just lookin' to see who was on"
"nobody I guess"
"yep, just us"
"yea, guess we r losers"

blah, blah, blah
      04-19-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

So what size wheels do fit? And what's your opinion of manual vs. auto trans?

Seriously though, there are only so many topics to talk about in a forum as specialized as this one. Things are bound to get repeated over and over again.

Dan
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 02:53 AM   #3
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

You need to think outside the box a little more.

Consider the members that are new here and have no idea what has or hasn't been discussed. Instead of searching through many past threads and posts, they often start out with the same questions and comments that many veteran members had when they were still rookies.

Also, realize that many people are just now discovering the 1-series for the first time. This discovery by a portion of the public will contine for a while of course.

And... there will continue to be new members, so the whole process will continue on and on... As should be expected.

So, take that chip off your shoulder... If you've got something really terrific to chat about, please fill us all in... I know that I'd be most interested!
      04-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #4
vivid
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 135i, 323i

forums are like that... most new people to the forum have the same questions and so it does get a bit monotonous.

Current: 135i, 323i wagon.
Sold:GTI
Sold: FX45
Sold: E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
TP 135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i SGM MT

Garage List
When I first joined this forum I just started reading and didn't really look into the available features. I was not aware of the selections at the top of the page for "search", "user CP" etc. I was more excited to read and learn about the car rather than the forum.
So........we veterans need to politely make the noobs aware of these features to help them find the information they require and this will in turn help reduce the reposts.
OR........when you see a thread that is a total repost and that bothers you, you can just ignore it and leave it to others to participate in it :wink:

2008 135i SGM
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 08:27 AM   #6
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

this is the first forum I've followed actively so it is all still a little new to me. I was a noob a few short months ago but thanks to the mods and members who don't practice dbaggery I quickly learned to utilize the :