E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > look at this retard

07-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #23
e46hijinks
E46
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 325ci 5MT

And as far as the comments on my music, that happens to be a mix by DJ Tiesto. Crappy music? Perhaps--but last time I checked he was arguably the world's highest paid DJ. =P
      07-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #24
e46hijinks
E46
United_States
Rep

This was part of my inspiration:
      07-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #25
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46hijinks View Post
That's my video. I was trying to demonstrate the capability of DSC. Driving 90 miles-per-hour in pouring rain; I knew what trouble I was getting into--hence the filming. (I don't normally film with my Treo just for fu*k's sake). I'm sure DSC's wheel grabbing, throttle-modulating, corrective inducing actions won't completely correct every situation that mother nature throws ahead of it, which is why I wasn't over-doing it.

I was doing about 85 miles per hour when I hit a patch of water and the car was aggresively thrown out of its intended path--straight. DSC immediately sensed the vehicles newfound direction relative to the steering angle (among other variables) and applied corrective action as necessary to bring the car straight again. This action repeated itself as my countersteering pulled the car left-right-left-right-and straight again. I did this all with one hand while filming with my Treo. DSC is a great invention and I'm glad I could demonstrate. Again-I've invoked it several times before and I knew what I was getting into.

Flame on.
      07-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #26
You Love It
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i, e55

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46hijinks View Post
That's my video. I was trying to demonstrate the capability of DSC. Driving 90 miles-per-hour in pouring rain; I knew what trouble I was getting into--hence the filming. (I don't normally film with my Treo just for fu*k's sake). I'm sure DSC's wheel grabbing, throttle-modulating, corrective inducing actions won't completely correct every situation that mother nature throws ahead of it, which is why I wasn't over-doing it.

I was doing about 85 miles per hour when I hit a patch of water and the car was aggresively thrown out of its intended path--straight. DSC immediately sensed the vehicles newfound direction relative to the steering angle (among other variables) and applied corrective action as necessary to bring the car straight again. This action repeated itself as my countersteering pulled the car left-right-left-right-and straight again. I did this all with one hand while filming with my Treo. DSC is a great invention and I'm glad I could demonstrate. Again-I've invoked it several times before and I knew what I was getting into.

This was quoted from your youtube comment.

" BMW's Dyanamic Stability Control caught my spin before it caught me! Hydroplane!!! I was doing between 85-100 mph in the rain (I know -- tsk) when I hit a huge puddle. The numerous sensors in my car detected the spin, applied the necessary corrective braking force to individual wheels while modulating throttle input to correct the spin and send me on my intended path. THANK YOU BMW! Coincidence I was filming it. "

Kinda messed yourself up on that one.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #27
e46hijinks
E46
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Love It View Post
This was quoted from your youtube comment.

" BMW's Dyanamic Stability Control caught my spin before it caught me! Hydroplane!!! I was doing between 85-100 mph in the rain (I know -- tsk) when I hit a huge puddle. The numerous sensors in my car detected the spin, applied the necessary corrective braking force to individual wheels while modulating throttle input to correct the spin and send me on my intended path. THANK YOU BMW! Coincidence I was filming it. "

Kinda messed yourself up on that one.
Like I said--it's a hobby of mine. I go around taking glorious video clips on my Treo while driving.
That clip is almost a year old by the way.
      07-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #28
DOCTOR 3VIL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3/E92 M3

You risked your life and others for that?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #29
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

mmmmm yeaaaah.