E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 328 vs M6 Driver.......haha

04-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #89
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMartinsGirl View Post
Again what the f**k does this ignorant statement have to do with this thread. You need to grow up, that remark shows that you are ignorant. Don't judge when you don't know shit about people. Please stay on topic, someone's living situation has nothing to do with this topic.
Now if I wanted to get on your level, I could say that you are probably one of those types that live pay check to pay check barely affording what you drive right? hmmm but I don't want to assume and look ignorant like you, but I bet I'm right.

You're absolutely correct... argumentum ad hominem is completely uncalled for, irrelevant, and only serves to lessen ones credibility. You recognized that, but then choose to engage in personal attacks anyhow. The bottom line here is simple. Jon made an error in judgment as regards lane discipline, but has thus far failed to admit the error. Ceding the left to faster traffic isn't just good lane discipline, it's the law regardless of the speeds involved. Name calling, involving people salaries, and so forth are all irrelevant. A responsible individual when confronted with overwhelming evidence admits their mistake, rectifies it to whatever extent possible, learns from it, and moves on. I think people have taken issue with his failure to do so.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #90
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Fuck, nothing pisses me off more on the motorways then someone sitting in the overtaking lane, when they are not overtaking anyone! It just blocks traffic, and farrr out, it pisses everyone else off too!

I would be pretty embarassed if I was holding up a string of cars lol

In Australia we even have huge signs that say "Keep left unless overtaking", but the dumbasses we have here don't seem to be able to read!
      04-08-2008, 07:10 AM   #91
JonMartinsGirl
Bimmer Lover
Rep
Drives: My horse yeehaww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
btw girl in avatar flipping off...not classy or attractive...haha

hyna!!!!...lolz...k im out...

+1 with 3ondubs(haha firas...can i be cocky to the kia drivers)
Again another person judging about something pointless....not classy and attractive...Right and what does this have to do with the topic? As if other people on this forum don't have crazy photos on their avatar....Dude get a life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
What is wrong with that? Not everybody wants to wait until they are old to drive a nice car. I would rather live paycheck to paycheck than live with my parents... or even a roommate for that matter (which is one of the reasons I spend most of my paycheck on bills)
I say....
Live within your means and don't try to get flashy things until you can afford to... and not be scrapping by trying to afford things that are material items. Not saying you but this is how I feel in general, now if this applies to you then maybe you should change your lifestyle and worry about more important things in life. Kudos to you paying your bills, but what does this have to do with him? He pays bills and lives an honest lifestyle, as well as other people out there....And has accomplished far more than most people his age....Again what does this have to do with the subject matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
You're absolutely correct... argumentum ad hominem is completely uncalled for, irrelevant, and only serves to lessen ones credibility. You recognized that, but then choose to engage in personal attacks anyhow. The bottom line here is simple. Jon made an error in judgment as regards lane discipline, but has thus far failed to admit the error. Ceding the left to faster traffic isn't just good lane discipline, it's the law regardless of the speeds involved. Name calling, involving people salaries, and so forth are all irrelevant. A responsible individual when confronted with overwhelming evidence admits their mistake, rectifies it to whatever extent possible, learns from it, and moves on. I think people have taken issue with his failure to do so.
Thank you! Finally someone that understands that this other bs is clearly uncalled for.

And everyone for the record, no one was holding up traffic!!!! It was 3am for God's sake there was no traffic!!!!!! The other driver was just being a show off asshole!!!
Anyway this topic is old news.....moving on....

Last edited by JonMartinsGirl; 04-08-2008 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #92
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
hold news?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #93
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Hahaha, this topic cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh at lunch break.

Oh, and +1 on what everyone has said. I'll even agree with you and say the M6 driver was an asshole, you saw him, not me, but you were also an asshole for not moving over. It goes both ways. And it absolutely is an ego thing or else you'd have no problem moving over. I admit, sometimes I get annoyed when someone flies up on me when I'm already driving at what I would consider as fast enough, and I've even held them off to be a dick to them before, but that doesn't mean it was the mature and correct thing to do.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #94
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

to the op
Attached Images

04-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #95
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #96
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Wow.

Both the M6 driver, and JonMartin were being assholes.

Jon (and his gf) - a key point you should have made mention of in the first post was that you were in the HOV lane. That changes everything. The HOV lane is not considered a passing lane, and therefor, he should have gone to the right when approaching you from behind.

If this had happened in the passing lane, then it changes everything. That lane is not for cruising in, it's for passing. And regardless of your speed, whether its 10 under the limit or 25 over, you should yield to a faster vehicle approaching from behind. Flashing the high-beams is a perfectly acceptable way of signaling a slower vehicle that you'd like to pass them.

By speeding up to "go flash his ass" and by brake-checking him, you've proved you're no better. Way to be the bigger man. Not saying him cutting you off wasn't as ass move, but you're not without blame.
What would you have done if he hadn't swerved and had hit you at speeds over 100? Stupid move, and not a good way to show your concern for the safety of your girlfriend.

I really don't think he was trying to race you. He was in a hurry to get somewhere, and you were holding him up. For all you know, he could be an ER Dr. who was called in for surgery. You also don't know who he is, or his mental stability. What if he decided to follow you and had a gun sitting in his glovebox?

Again, he was an ass; but your actions escalated the situation to something far worse then if you had just slid over 1 lane.
      04-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #97
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
I say....
Live within your means and don't try to get flashy things until you can afford to... and not be scrapping by trying to afford things that are material items. Not saying you but this is how I feel in general, now if this applies to you then maybe you should change your lifestyle and worry about more important things in life. Kudos to you paying your bills, but what does this have to do with him? He pays bills and lives an honest lifestyle, as well as other people out there....And has accomplished far more than most people his age....Again what does this have to do with the subject matter?
You are the one that said you would have to 'sink to a lower level' to live paycheck to paycheck. I was just saying it is all about preference.

By "change your lifestyle and worry about more important things in life." do you mean family? I worry about them plenty, see them a lot. That does not mean I want to live with them.

I was just saying, as you offended me by saying I was at a 'lower level' than you I see somebody living with mom and dad as a lower level than me.

Yes it is OT and yes it is an opinion. Deal with it.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #98
JonMartinsGirl
Bimmer Lover
Rep
Drives: My horse yeehaww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You are the one that said you would have to 'sink to a lower level' to live paycheck to paycheck. I was just saying it is all about preference.

By "change your lifestyle and worry about more important things in life." do you mean family? I worry about them plenty, see them a lot. That does not mean I want to live with them.

I was just saying, as you offended me by saying I was at a 'lower level' than you I see somebody living with mom and dad as a lower level than me.

Yes it is OT and yes it is an opinion. Deal with it.
Jon didn't say he lived with mom and dad if you read his response, his fam is staying with him. Now anyone out there that would turn their fam away if they have extra space in their home is an asshole in my opinion.
This is also Cali and everyone out here knows rent and prices for homes are sky fuckin high but again that is a different thread lol... I know a few people out here, students or so on with roomies or fam..I don't think they are lower than me just because they are in a certain living situation, who knows what their situation may be. So that statement right there was uhhh ignorant of you to say that. My apologies for offending you, life is too short to be so judgmental.
Hugs and lets move on with our happy lives lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
hold news?
Sorry for the typo lol
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #99
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry for the typo lol
It's forgiveable
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #100
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94' corolla

doh.......yall back in the game?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

lock this chit....been rehashed plenty
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #101
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I'm so fast when I raced Jon his gf went WTF MAN!!!

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0