E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 328 vs M6 Driver.......haha

04-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #45
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigito View Post
The law does not differentiate between a 2 lane highway and 6-lane Interstate. Overtaken vehicles are expected to move over. You guys were in an HOV lane so this doesn't apply since you have nowhere to go. That is a big detail you left out of the OP.

However, all the stuff that happened after...the speeding...the brake checking nonsense...speaks volumes about the drivers maturity level and doesn't impress anybody here.
Newsflash I wasn't trying to impress anyone I was minding my own business I didn't even make the thread!! I just added to it since my gf decided to tell the story and left some details out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
Sorry pal but you're wrong. You were holding him up. No matter how you try and get around it you're wrong. When I was in Italy last year I was amazed at how they drove. People just fly there on the highways. As soon as they passed somebody they got the fuck over to the right. It's pretty simple. They also put their left signal on as they're flying by you. I also think you're full of shit. One second you say you're in the fast lane and then next its the HOV. Please.
This isn't Italy this is LA. And we don't do that here, you know why? cause we have speed limits. The way I see it as long as I'm going at least the Speed limit (or in that case slightly above it) I shouldn't be getting passed in the first place. I don't care how it goes down in Germany or Italy or Canada or anywhere thats just the way it is. Also YOU'RE full of shit because if you had read what I said you would understand that I was in the CARPOOL LANE WHICH HAD JUST ENDED PRIOR TO RETARD IN THE M6 getting behind me I'm talking just a few seconds later!. Also why would someone merge all the way to left just to get to top speed to get off the at the next exit less then a half mile ahead? And then when he saw me passing him again come all the way back over from the exiting lane to the far left lane again just to try to pass me again and show off his M6? Obviously he was trying to race and show off that was his ONLY point period this isn't even worth arguing about.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #46
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Newsflash I wasn't trying to impress anyone I was minding my own business I didn't even make the thread!! I just added to it since my gf left some details out.

This isn't Italy this is LA. And we don't do that here, you know why? cause we have speed limits. The way I see it as long as I'm going at least the Speed limit (or in that case slightly above it) I shouldn't be getting passed in the first place. I don't care how it goes down in Germany or Italy or Canada or anywhere thats just the way it is. Also YOUR full of shit because if you had read what I said you would understand that I was in the CARPOOL LANE WHICH HAD JUST ENDED PRIOR TO RETARD IN THE M6 getting behind me I'm talking just a few seconds later!. Also why would someone merge all the way to left just to get to top speed to get off the at the next exit less then a half mile ahead? And then when he saw me passing him again come all the way back over from the exiting lane to the far left lane again just to try to pass me again and show off his M6? Obviously he was trying to race and show off that was his ONLY point period this isn't even worth arguing about.
Thats why there is a ton more car accidents in North America compared to Europe. Because of putzs' like you. You're just a hypocrite. The moment you go one mile an hour over the speed limit you're in the same boat as that M6 driver. Who died and left you in charge of whats too fast? You keep saying this and that isn't even worth replying to or arguing about yet here you are.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #47
JDiddy06
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

The issue isnt speed at all, its lane choice. Regardless of how fast you're going.. the left lane is for passing only. This is a huge gripe I have about most motorists in america and I've never driven over seas. Who cares if you're doing 100 MPH and somebody wants to pass you? What do you care? Its just another story of somebody being stuborn so his/her ego stays properly inflated. Jerk or not, drive on the right - pass on the left. Basic 'Rules of the Road' are so often ignored its ridiculous.

I'm sure this isnt the response you expected, but you opened a can of worms regarding the lane rules. Its funny how people even wonder why american drivers get a bad name.
      04-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #48
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiddy06 View Post
The issue isnt speed at all, its lane choice. Regardless of how fast you're going.. the left lane is for passing only. This is a huge gripe I have about most motorists in america and I've never driven over seas. Who cares if you're doing 100 MPH and somebody wants to pass you? What do you care? Its just another story of somebody being stuborn so his/her ego stays properly inflated. Jerk or not, drive on the right - pass on the left. Basic 'Rules of the Road' are so often ignored its ridiculous.

I'm sure this isnt the response you expected, but you opened a can of worms regarding the lane rules. Its funny how people even wonder why american drivers get a bad name.
+1. what is the big deal about letting someone pass. You're speeding as well. I'm sure if someone was going 65 you'd expect them to move. So what, he wants to go faster. It really wouldn't hurt you to scoot over for 10 seconds.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #49
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiddy06 View Post

BINGO!!!!

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #50
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
Thats why there is a ton more car accidents in North America compared to Europe. Because of putzs' like you. You're just a hypocrite. The moment you go one mile an hour over the speed limit you're in the same boat as that M6 driver. Who died and left you in charge of whats too fast? You keep saying this and that isn't even worth replying to or arguing about yet here you are.
NO one made me in charge of whats too fast but on this particular highway where the same lame becomes the carpool lane on and off why would I move over is that too hard to understand? That and the entire thread started about the M6 driver obviously trying to race it has nothing to do with letting him pass or me holding him back he wanted to race period so I don't get where all the post came from about me being a speed dictator or holding him up somehow this thread is now trash mods close it.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #51
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
NO one made me in charge of whats too fast but on this particular highway where the same lame becomes the carpool lane on and off why would I move over is that too hard to understand?
What freeway was it?
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #52
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott View Post
What freeway was it?
first post!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #53
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep

When the 405 switches bewteen carpool and non-carpool it is many miles inbetween each change. It wouldn't be difficult to move in the several mile span when it's not HOV
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #54
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott View Post
When the 405 switches bewteen carpool and non-carpool it is many miles inbetween each change. It wouldn't be difficult to move in the several mile span when it's not HOV
Your right! and guess what the whole thread got thrown off course at post 17 thanks to Michael because the story had shit to do with him trying to pass me it had to do with him trying to RACE me. So it's all irrelevant. It has nothing to do with him wanting to pass if he wanted to pass nothing was stopping him and he proved that when he blew by me obviously. When I caught up he came after me again which proves that all he wanted to do is race a 3 series.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #55
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Your right! and guess what the whole thread got thrown off course at post 17 thanks to Michael because the story had shit to do with him trying to pass me it had to do with him trying to RACE me. So it's all irrelevant. It has nothing to do with him wanting to pass if he wanted to pass nothing was stopping him and he proved that when he blew by me obviously. When I caught up he came after me again which proves that all he wanted to do is race a 3 series.
Jon, obviously we weren't there but my interpretation of what happened is based on the OP which said you were in the left lane, the M6 flashed their brights which I see as asking you to get over so he could pass and you refused to do so. I think he passed you on the right and cut you off because you refused to move over. He was a jerk but your actions were wrong.

You should also stop discussing speed limits as you were already going at least 10mph over. I'm sorry this thread got off topic in your opinion but the reality is, as many have stated that the left lane is for passing and you were not obeying the correct procedure and if you do this regularly which I hope you don't you need to change your driving habits.

Thanks, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #56
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94' corolla

Quote:
Actually the asswipe in the M6 vert came up behind me in the fast lane I was doing about 75-80 already. And he decided it was a good idea to flash his High beams at me as if I was somehow driving slow I just ignored him and continued to mind my own business until he decided that it would be a great idea to do a ricer fly by and cut me off! at first I was like eh whatever. But the racer on my shoulder was like "go flash his ass back". So I got on it for a second and he looked like he was just about to exit and then he saw me coming up behind him so I continued to floor it and so did he to the 328 limiter (155) and since that M6 is also limited (155) he never passed me until I brake checked his ass hard and he had to swerve to the right. He then just took off full speed till the next exit. I thought that ass hat was pretty funny in his lil M6, I might like to race people occasionally but I've never just came up behind anyone flashing high beams like I was playing Tokyo extreme racer!. I say to the Lame M6 owner. I hope he figured out it was a 328i that he couldnt pass up to fuck up his ego a lil more. ahhh I can't wait to get back in the game.
:mook....extremely responsible(brake check at 100+.....youre the very reason people die)....tuck your balls between your legs and book your ass in the slow lane , especially if youre crusing with your woman....aside from that, do you realize that all of this could have been easily avoided had you acted like a responsible citizen, ignored his aggression, and moved over.....youll sit your ass down soon enough...what are you, 18?...if not....all the more hilarious

rofl....since your ego cant compare as all you do is compare your 335i to them
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #57
JonMartinsGirl
Bimmer Lover
Rep
Drives: My horse yeehaww

Quote:
Originally Posted by E(@M# View Post
:mook....extremely responsible(brake check at 100+.....youre the very reason people die)....tuck your balls between your legs and book your ass in the slow lane , especially if youre crusing with your woman....aside from that, do you realize that all of this could have been easily avoided had you acted like a responsible citizen, ignored his aggression, and moved over.....youll sit your ass down soon enough...what are you, 18?...if not....all the more hilarious

rofl....since your ego cant compare as all you do is compare your 335i to them
Wow someone please shut this thread down!
I was simply trying to tell a story of what happened last night, this guy was obviously trying to race us and I saw it with my own two fuckin eyes. It was not about him wanting to pass, it was about him being an asshole almost hitting us to show off, race, cocky....whatever the damn reason.. but not to get us to move. People pick fights with 335's and 3 series in general all day every damn day. I sure anyone that owns one knows this.
Now for you to say sit your ass down is way out of line, you were not there and you do not know what went down so do not judge, and tell him he needs to be responsible get the damn facts straight first or ask questions and don't assume.. that goes for everyone on this thread. Everyone needs to take their negative bs and throw it out of the window, beacuse the subject is doing a total 360 when the subject wasn't even supposed to be about common manners or laws on the road. The person that broke the law and started it was the M6 driver. So let's not point fingers and say that he is wrong for this and that.

Seems like everytime someone want's to tell a story on on here people get attacked by negative people on here, and they have no clue what they are talking about. Then want to argue your pants off because they don't agree with what you are doing.
You don't agree with something you see keep it moving, but don't sit there and give people lectures on how to drive and think that you are some how better than people on here.

That being said there is nothing else to argue and this thread needs to be closed....thank you!

Geez no need to argue, keep it cool
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #58
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMartinsGirl View Post
Wow someone please shut this thread down!
I was simply trying to tell a story of what happened last night, this guy was obviously trying to race us and I saw it with my own two fuckin eyes. It was not about him wanting to pass, it was about him being an asshole almost hitting us to show off, race, cocky....whatever the damn reason.. but not to get us to move. People pick fights with 335's and 3 series in general all day every damn day. I sure anyone that owns one knows this.
Now for you to say sit your ass down is way out of line, you were not there and you do not know what went down so do not judge, and tell him he needs to be responsible get the damn facts straight first or ask questions and don't assume.. that goes for everyone on this thread. Everyone needs to take their negative bs and throw it out of the window, beacuse the subject is doing a total 360 when the subject wasn't even supposed to be about common manners or laws on the road. The person that broke the law and started it was the M6 driver. So let's not point fingers and say that he is wrong for this and that.

Seems like everytime someone want's to tell a story on on here people get attacked by negative people on here, and they have no clue what they are talking about. Then want to argue your pants off because they don't agree with what you are doing.
You don't agree with something you see keep it moving, but don't sit there and give people lectures on how to drive and think that you are some how better than people on here.

That being said there is nothing else to argue and this thread needs to be closed....thank you!

Geez no need to argue, keep it cool
assumptions, i merely quotedwhat he stated(unless he was lying about brake-checking and speeding up to 155)

i may have come across as harsh....sorry

not handing out lessons but hopefully your ball and chain will learn to relax....my gf has taught me to sometimes stick my tail between my legs and walk off....is it worth proving something
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #59
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

I agree: many drivers in the U.S. tend to clog the left lane, especially when traffic is light. People should move over to the right and use the left lane as passing lane.

It doesn't matter who want to pass you, if they want to drive faster, you should move over from the passing lane. You should observe the traffic law, doesn't matter what others do.
      04-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #60
john0213
The Allergy Season
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 Blk Saph. 335xi

Jonmartin you need to also understand that people in this post all jumped onto you because they were all frustrated by the everyday bad drivers that always hold the left lane and clogged the traffic.

I can fully understand their frustration as this also happens in Canada. People keep holding the left lane meaninglessly; some even does it by going below speed limit just to show how crappy their driving skills are, they don't realize what is going on around them.

I would have to say that the left lane being a passing lane is universally true among all countries. that's just how the roads are designed.

Anyways, I am going to go with you and agree that this M6 driver is an idiot trying to pick a fight. it's you that are there driving and witness the situation, and your perception should be more truthful than our prediction. The fact is, if i am the M6 driver, and let's just make a wild guess that you did hold the left lane, it's completely not necessary to drive so aggressively. I would just speed up and pass the person and move on with my life.

now if we are talking about the left lane holder speeding up to match my speed, then that's a different story!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #61
AdamJ
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Jonmartin do you live with your parents? Come on, you can admit it.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #62
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #63
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayE92 View Post
lol funny story...to me it was the opposite... and ol ass mercedes C class tried racing... him and his girlfriend were staring me down at the light... and when the light turned green he punched it... if thats what you call his car doing lolll

poor thing was so ghetto that when it launched, the G forced made his side view mirrors fold shut, and his car maybe hit 60 in like 8 seconds lmao itt was hilarious, at the next light they had put their windows up... i've never seen my girlfriend laugh so hard lol
HAHAAHHH
      04-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #64
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
I hope he figured out it was a 328i that he couldnt pass up to fuck up his ego a lil more. ahhh I can't wait to get back in the game.
Sorry but he lost all credibilty when he sputtered this brilliant remark.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #65
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
WOW !Although thats NONE of your business but yes I do have a place and my MOM and younger Sister stay with me just like they did when I bought my first house at 19(years ago). I make the most money in the house and although that doesnt concern you, I know your next statement would probably be to make it seem like I'm some kind of kid living off my parents which your wrong and people that know me know thats not the truth I CO-Own a successful Audio/Video business and have done more then most people do at 40 so don't dare go there you will embarass yourself son.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #66
typeszh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMartinsGirl View Post
It's possible, but this guy was speeding it seemed for a reason.....no one goes 90mph just to cut you off....It just seemed off to me... But then again L.A. drivers are crazy like that haha but he was going a bit fast to be just cutting someone off, some people are just cocky like that...like haha I have a better car than you type of crap....or so they think...I'd kick a guy's or my guy's ass if they tried to race in a 328..Haha
Anyway never said he was trying to race, just saying......
I would go 90+ to cut you off if I needed to get somewhere and you are in my way,
Appreciate 0