E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Please please help me.

01-24-2006, 02:29 AM   #1
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Please please help me.

Guys I need some help. Hopefully, this site being international, you guys can maybe give me some input regarding this.

Story:

1. This guy in Germany sells german bmw parts. Real nice guy.
2. I sent him $625 via Paypal on 12.10.2005
3. He told me I'll receive it before 2006.
4. He sent me pics of the package before he said "he sent it out". Cool.
5. It didn't come until January 3rd, I sent him a PM regarding package.
6. He told me it could be due to slow shipping from Germany, it could take up to 4 weeks.
7. Week later, I talked to him again, he said it might come next week.
8. Its January 24, 2006 now, still haven't got anything. He won't respond back to my PMs anymore.

Now, I did file Paypal claim, and claim is denied. Paypal said the seller gave them proper shipment information, and it proves that the package has been sent.

I have 2 senarios in my mind.

1. Package was lost, or sent to somewhere else.
2. This guy is a complete fraud. Tricking paypal "investigation" team wouldn't be a tough job.

I still trust this guy though, he was really nice the whole time. I think the
package was lost during shipping, or maybe sent to wrong address accidently.

I don't know what to do. I am just so frustrated.
How can I find out which shipping carrier in united states take care of this package?
Is there anyway I can track it? Seller said international package can't be tracked, so he has no idea where it is.

Please help.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I find it hard to believe that the major carriers (DHL, FEDEX, UPS) can't track their international packages, esp with the security level. Get the tracking number and call the company. Did he send it using these shippers or the regular mail?
      01-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #3
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
i agree. if he shipped it by something that can be tracked, track it first. even if you didn't insure it, they must be able to tell you what happened to it on the way. if paypal says its records are ok, i'd say it's 80% possible that they are ok.

other than that though, you have no power over anything. $625 might be a lot of money to you, but you won't find anyone who will go after the guy to chase that money internationally.

sorry man, but there is no such thing as secure international transaction...
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
if he fraud you, he probably sent something, but probably not what you order. he might of just sent an empty box. paypal will not know. paypal can check the tracking number he provided but that doenst mean your item is in it. the only thing that can save you now is if you paid with a credit card. your credit card company will fight for you.

here is my story a while back. i bought airbag for my car a while back. this guy sent me a box with 2 airbag, but they were for a geo metro. i was screwed. i contacted paypal and just like you they denied it because that guy gave them a valid tracking number. i contacted my credit card company and they credit they amount back to my card and went after paypal. when they went after paypal, paypal reopened the case and went after the guy. at the end i got my money back. took about 4 month for the process. goodd luck man

btw, what did you order???
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Seller said international package can't be tracked, so he has no idea where it is.

Please help.
how can paypal accept his tracking number and now he said it cant be track???

if he said it cant be track, he must have sent it through deutch post. it is like united states postal service. here, i bought mercedes headlight from germany and the guy sent me this. i couldnt find a way to track it but after searching and searching, i found an 800 number to call and track the packaged. why dont you requesst the tracking number from paypal.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2006, 04:46 PM   #6
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
There postal service is really slow. I dated a woman from Germany once. She sent me a package for Christmas in early December. I didn't receive it until March. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2006, 05:01 PM   #7
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Well, I hope you get everything straightened out...with any luck the shipping just is slow. But paypal is bad news as far as I'm concerned. When you sell something, they take a ridiculous amount of money right off the top, in addition to your seller's fees on eBay. Then when you run into a problem, they can't help you.

And it seems like if you used paypal to pay for anything other than an eBay item, they will do absolutely NOTHING for you. They are really dirty if you ask me...I refuse to buy or sell anything on eBay anymore, and that also includes using Paypal for anything...but that's another story.

Last summer, my friend bought rims from an eBay seller, though the seller said she had different rims other than the ones listed on eBay and if interested, you should contact her and she'll sell the different models--outside a legit ebay auction. Well he paypal-ed the money to her...all $875.00 of it and never heard anything more from her.

We even had the local police involved, but they eventually said there's nothing they could do, because somehow the police weren't able to get a subponea, and ebay and paypal wouldn't release any personal data. Even the police working on the other end in Arizona couldn't do anything...and this all happened in the US! I would imagine international scams could be even more problematic.

Try to get your hands on the shipping tracking number. If you can get it and it looks legit, you just have to wait it out. If you get the package and it's an empty box, I'd say to try to work with paypal, but I doubt they'll do anything except get you even more frustrated.

There are a lot of slimeballs out there. The internet can be like walking through a trail in the jungle with poison darts, quicksand, pits--you get the idea--at every turn if you aren't careful. I won't do business over the internet unless I KNOW the operation is legit...like Amazon, Macys or something. And they have to have a contact info too in case I run into trouble (I love how ebay would have their hand out to take your money, but never had a 1-800 number).

No, I lost too much money over the Internet in scams like this. If it wasn't completely losing money, I'd get an item that wasn't as described and worth much less than what I paid for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Well, I hope you get everything straightened out...with any luck the shipping just is slow. But paypal is bad news as far as I'm concerned. When you sell something, they take a ridiculous amount of money right off the top, in addition to your seller's fees on eBay. Then when you run into a problem, they can't help you.

And it seems like if you used paypal to pay for anything other than an eBay item, they will do absolutely NOTHING for you. They are really dirty if you ask me...I refuse to buy or sell anything on eBay anymore, and that also includes using Paypal for anything...but that's another story.

Last summer, my friend bought rims from an eBay seller, though the seller said she had different rims other than the ones listed on eBay and if interested, you should contact her and she'll sell the different models--outside a legit ebay auction. Well he paypal-ed the money to her...all $875.00 of it and never heard anything more from her.

We even had the local police involved, but they eventually said there's nothing they could do, because somehow the police weren't able to get a subponea, and ebay and paypal wouldn't release any personal data. Even the police working on the other end in Arizona couldn't do anything...and this all happened in the US! I would imagine international scams could be even more problematic.

Try to get your hands on the shipping tracking number. If you can get it and it looks legit, you just have to wait it out. If you get the package and it's an empty box, I'd say to try to work with paypal, but I doubt they'll do anything except get you even more frustrated.

There are a lot of slimeballs out there. The internet can be like walking through a trail in the jungle with poison darts, quicksand, pits--you get the idea--at every turn if you aren't careful. I won't do business over the internet unless I KNOW the operation is legit...like Amazon, Macys or something. And they have to have a contact info too in case I run into trouble (I love how ebay would have their hand out to take your money, but never had a 1-800 number).

No, I lost too much money over the Internet in scams like this. If it wasn't completely losing money, I'd get an item that wasn't as described and worth much less than what I paid for it.
sorry to here about your friend. when it comes to internet fraud, its not your local police. this is FBI jurisdiction. they have a website for reporting fraud. can remember which site it is.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2006, 06:18 PM   #9
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
here you go. http://www.ic3.gov/
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2006, 08:13 PM   #10
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Thanks...but he called the local FBI office in Scranton. They told him to report it to the local police and let them deal with it
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #11
Yaajer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ActiveHybrid 3, X5

Don't put so much faith in Paypal either. Everyone know's paypal is loaded with Fraud and they do nothing to protect their customers.
      01-25-2006, 03:37 PM   #12
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

First of all: never use PayPal with your debit card.

In fact, ONLY use your credit card on PayPal. If ANYTHING falls through the crack like a product that never arrives, then DO NOT contact PayPal but instead, just call up your credit card company and refute the charge.

What will your credit card company do? If it's a good company like BofA, Wells Fargo, or especially American Express, they will---without a single hesitation---remove the charge off of your card and investigate into the matter themselves. The credit card company has nothing to lose if they comply.

A buddy of mines works for some general charge dispute group and he says that they approve any charge disputes 99.9% of the time. The customer's always right.

Who gets screwed in the end? PayPal gets screwed. They give money back to your credit card company but wait, they just got screwed over by the German fellow who they may have paid already. What does this mean? PayPal better investigate this matter themselves, it's their problem now - not yours.

End of story.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2006, 04:13 PM   #13
D.D.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330 xi

Pay Pal=POWER SUCKS!!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2006, 03:55 AM   #14
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

I almost bought a cellphone off a website here - it's our ebay equivelent called bidorbuy. I got a bit hesitant, as the product says "like new" but then the photo was a press release photo of the phone. Reading posts like this, I am glad I didn't even try buy it!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2006, 04:06 AM   #15
IDENTITY_MOTORSPORTS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Longtran.. now that I know your address I am going to send you roses..... LOL JFWY
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #16
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDENTITY_MOTORSPORTS
Longtran.. now that I know your address I am going to send you roses..... LOL JFWY
lol.....no worries it my work address. everyone should know my address by now. it is posted in the e90post.com t-shirt sale. if you didnt notice.
Appreciate 0