E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > *** Official BimmerPost Photo Contest #59 - VOTING THREAD ***

View Poll Results: VOTE FOR 1
Spanner1751 - birds - 1, peppers - 0 3 18.75%
dcstep - Surfer Catches Wave/Wave Catches Surfer 13 81.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

08-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #23
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
I like the way you think...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #24
spanner1751
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i M sport sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
I've been fighting with this.

The theme of Victory/Defeat was clearly conveyed with the surfer images provided by dcstep. Almost classically, in fact.

However, I really liked the vividness of the pepper in Spanner1751's "defeat" image. It was a bright and detailed, and overall a great image. Problem was, I felt that the birds in the "victory" image were a bit dark in comparison. My mind kept telling me what it was (Birds, then eaten pepper), but my eyes were drawn to the vivid image of the half-eaten pepper.

And that's what got to me - I could not associate a vivid, bright image of the pepper, however half-eaten it may have been, as defeat, in my mind, next to the slightly darker image of the birds.

I know I'm new to this part of the forum but I hope to contribute on a more regular basis and would like to submit for the next one. It's nice to see some participation in these contests, so hopefully I can do my part to increase the participation part, with my own.
I appreciate your comments. Originally, I had a picture of a nice ripe pepper and an eaten one. Next, I thought that I should put a picture of the birds that eat the peppers, and designed a 3-panel diptych with the ripe pepper, birds, and eaten pepper, but that didn't meet the rules of two panels.
A major problem was the birds usually attack the peppers in the evening, so the picture wasn't the best due to the bad lighting.
Maybe I should have stuck with my original concept of a whole pepper and an eaten one, the colors would have brighter.
At any rate, I learned a few things this time, so it wasn't a compete loss. All I hope for in these contests is one vote. If I get more than that, I'm really happy.
      08-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #25
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
I've been fighting with this.

The theme of Victory/Defeat was clearly conveyed with the surfer images provided by dcstep. Almost classically, in fact.

However, I really liked the vividness of the pepper in Spanner1751's "defeat" image. It was a bright and detailed, and overall a great image. Problem was, I felt that the birds in the "victory" image were a bit dark in comparison. My mind kept telling me what it was (Birds, then eaten pepper), but my eyes were drawn to the vivid image of the half-eaten pepper.

And that's what got to me - I could not associate a vivid, bright image of the pepper, however half-eaten it may have been, as defeat, in my mind, next to the slightly darker image of the birds.
Thanks for your feedback. That's why we vote. There's no "correct" answer.

The new contest is up at:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...0#post12471330
      08-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #26
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Thanks dcstep, I saw the new thread and have been contemplating a subject and location to shoot. Will post more in the other thread as needed to keep it on topic in this one

'Challenge accepted!'
Appreciate 0