E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > WTF is wrong with Greenpeace people

06-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
DM1
Captain
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S Paceman

Garage List
2007 Z4 3.0si  [7.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
2005 Renault Megane RS  [0.00]
WTF is wrong with Greenpeace people

I mean, honeslty, BMW is working on a hydrogen based engine to eliminate emissions, VW has a project of a 100 km per liter car, and MB is also working on some alternative fuels to reduce the issue, so why on Earth are this guys complaining??? They are just showing their lack of interest on their own fight, READ AND GET INFORMED BEFORE YOU SPEAK LOSERS!!!
Attached Images

Follow my blog at http://dmauto.wordpress.com
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
some people need to be angry at someone. in this case, they are angry at pretty much everyone.

in all emails from the dealer, all paperwork and even on my DMV registration my car model is listed as "328Ci SULEV"

SULEV - Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle.
      06-06-2008, 04:57 AM   #3
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

hydrogen based cars don't eliminate emissions - they only move them. They may be a better idea in Europe, where there is far more electricity produced from nuclear power, but in the states, H power is the dumbest idea to date. We get Hydrogen by cracking water, which requires you to pass electricity through water, and is horribly inefficient. In the US, we get over 70% of our electricity from coal powered plants. Hydrogen powered cars should be banned until the H2 can be provided by wind, hydro or nuclear power.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
lol i dont think hydrogen is going to be viable for the future... costs too much to buy the Platinum catalyst. my school actually has developed a few hydrogen SUV's worth over 200k... and even if people started making them the already high cost of the catalyst would just go even higher

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #5
satakal
Major
Rep
Drives: e46

I don't know... if you're driving a fossil fuel powered vehicle (even hydrogen as pointed out above), there's probably a more "green" option available to you. I don't agree that these greenpeace guys are wrong. I just think they're pointing out the obvious... which is sometimes necessary.
________
easy vape
________
og kush marijuana strain
________
Ford Super Duty
________
Jomtien beach condo
________
DoWhatISay

Last edited by satakal; 09-13-2011 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
The enviro's will never be happy. IMO, they're the biggest culprits for all the problems we have. Some people can never be pleased. I guess a few people get their jollies off from being disgruntled and angry their entire life.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 09:16 AM   #7
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

OH boy after seeing those pictures, I will never get another BMW, MB or VW.

The French had it right.
      06-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

There is nothing wrong with Greenpeace people. They are trying to make a difference in this world and want to make this earth a liveable place for generations to come. If Grrenpeace or for that matter any one doesn't protest then we will keep on burning the fuel and keep on hunting the seals. It is not right.
Most of the Car compnaies are trying to shift their focus to more fuel efficent vehicle not because they want to but because consumers are demanding them to. If the automobile manufacturers really wants to make a difference they would have done that a long time ago. All these years they were busy in counting the profit.
Just like other members pointed out Hydrogen is not a Viable option . It is going to cost way more to produce and way more to put the thing on the road. When I see the BMW ad for the Hydrogen vehicle (I am not sure whether they play that in US) it makes me laugh. It says BMW is ready is the world is ready for a Hydrogen vehicle!!!! WTF. World is ready a long time ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #9
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
There is nothing wrong with Greenpeace people. They are trying to make a difference in this world and want to make this earth a liveable place for generations to come. If Grrenpeace or for that matter any one doesn't protest then we will keep on burning the fuel and keep on hunting the seals. It is not right.
Most of the Car compnaies are trying to shift their focus to more fuel efficent vehicle not because they want to but because consumers are demanding them to. If the automobile manufacturers really wants to make a difference they would have done that a long time ago. All these years they were busy in counting the profit.
Just like other members pointed out Hydrogen is not a Viable option . It is going to cost way more to produce and way more to put the thing on the road. When I see the BMW ad for the Hydrogen vehicle (I am not sure whether they play that in US) it makes me laugh. It says BMW is ready is the world is ready for a Hydrogen vehicle!!!! WTF. World is ready a long time ago.

I don't think 'most' consumers are wanting a change. They are just wanting to hop on a band wagon, and because gas is now so expensive.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #10
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
I don't think 'most' consumers are wanting a change. They are just wanting to hop on a band wagon, and because gas is now so expensive.
You may be correct. But some people actually want a change.
Example : Last week my GF traded her SUV (Took a hit of 12K - 14 month old SUV) and Bought a Hybird. Her uncle who is a partner in a Oil compnay here bought a Highlander Hybird for him (Compnay told him he could get any vehicle he want).
So there are some people who actually wants to make a difference.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #11
DM1
Captain
Mexico
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4 3.0si  [7.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
What I'm trying to say also is that those Greenpeace guys should also give some credit to the effort of producing "greener" cars, they just keep complaining all the time, that's what bothers me, and c'mon, when they go on those little boats next to the oil tankers risking their lives,...there are better rational ways to address the issues IMO.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #12
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM1 View Post
READ AND GET INFORMED BEFORE YOU SPEAK LOSERS!!!
Uh, where did you get that picture?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #13
DM1
Captain
Mexico
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4 3.0si  [7.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
^ From a newspaper website from Mexico.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #14
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
You may be correct. But some people actually want a change.
Example : Last week my GF traded her SUV (Took a hit of 12K - 14 month old SUV) and Bought a Hybird. Her uncle who is a partner in a Oil compnay here bought a Highlander Hybird for him (Compnay told him he could get any vehicle he want).
So there are some people who actually wants to make a difference.
Not gonna disagree, and I have no problem with people who do so because they truly believe. I don't agree with the ones that hop on bandwagons, and flip off or give a dirty look towards every truck, suv, sports car, anything that's not a hybrid as they drive down the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #15
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Not gonna disagree, and I have no problem with people who do so because they truly believe. I don't agree with the ones that hop on bandwagons, and flip off or give a dirty look towards every truck, suv, sports car, anything that's not a hybrid as they drive down the road.
I totally agree with you.
I believe that every person can make a differnce if they really want. Not necssarily by driving a Hybird car.
I made a change in my life and decided that I will never use the Drivethrough for any thing. I know it is a small change but if only 50% of the people stop using the drive through it will make a huge differnce.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

Are you sure that those banners aren't supporting what BMW, Merc and VW are doing with the initatives you mentioned? I think that's a possible interpretation. What does the article say?
      06-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #17
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
You can protest without breaking the law, trespassing, putting people in risky situations, etc. They're 95% alarmists and 5% actually right/good ideas. They call nuclear energy evil, yet it's the best and easiest solution to our current coal fed energy debauchery. They take apart an iPhone and find "hazardous chemicals" including PVC. PVC!?!?!! You mean that plastic that is in every home in America is hazardous? That plastic used for all kinds of supply and drain lines? That covers tons of objects? That PVC? Somehow I think they're stretching things just a wee bit there. I could go on, but it's pretty clear they're alarmists with very little to say that's actually right/productive and their methods for saying it are often wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #18
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
You can protest without breaking the law, trespassing, putting people in risky situations, etc. They're 95% alarmists and 5% actually right/good ideas. They call nuclear energy evil, yet it's the best and easiest solution to our current coal fed energy debauchery. They take apart an iPhone and find "hazardous chemicals" including PVC. PVC!?!?!! You mean that plastic that is in every home in America is hazardous? That plastic used for all kinds of supply and drain lines? That covers tons of objects? That PVC? Somehow I think they're stretching things just a wee bit there. I could go on, but it's pretty clear they're alarmists with very little to say that's actually right/productive and their methods for saying it are often wrong.
Global warming is here. It is our responsibility to do some thing about it. No one is stretching things about Global warming and no one can deny that Fuel is one of the biggest culprits.
On the same token we can't just simply stop driving. However we have to come up with creative ways to minimize it.
On the same note...this is what BMW,MB and VW is doing,
http://www.ekolist.cz/txt_tzpr_full.stm?x=2097933

Simply because I drive BMW I will not sit here and defend them.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 02:53 PM   #19
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
No one is stretching things about Global warming and no one can deny that Fuel is one of the biggest culprits.
Interestingly enough, the UN says otherwise. I'm going to continue to drive my BMW made SULEV and feel no guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #20
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM1 View Post
READ AND GET INFORMED BEFORE YOU SPEAK LOSERS!!!
What was the context of this newspaper piece? Did they describe both sides of the issue? Or are you posting this without being informed yourself?

These protestors, in Europe, are attempting to broaden public awareness of the role of 3 of the top European car manufacturers in pollution. It's negative publicity, in an attempt to promote environmentally-friendly choices by these car makers.

You don't think these protestors are well-informed?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #21
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by satakal View Post
I don't know... if you're driving a fossil fuel powered vehicle (even hydrogen as pointed out above), there's probably a more "green" option available to you. I don't agree that these greenpeace guys are wrong. I just think they're pointing out the obvious... which is sometimes necessary.
So if Hydrogen is so inefficient. We know Ethanol isn't efficeint. Electric vehicles only move it to our power plants... What is the "Geen" alternative you mention? Nuclear cars?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
OH boy after seeing those pictures, I will never get another BMW, MB or VW.

The French had it right.
Appreciate 0