E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 1 Series Spied

06-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #67
Zeiss
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Post NEW 1 series spy photos!

Have a look!

Look whats in the front

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #68
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Give it a chance fellas..lets see what this car will do for BMW and us as owners....and enthusiast......I think this car will do wonders for the company in the U.S......don't beat it up....I just see a entire sub culture for this car..street credit all that stuff..tuners are gonna go nuts.....and the more money BMW makes on this, the better chance they have to hold the line on higher models......because this car will infuse more money which means more profit which means better deals..which means better cars..which means once again the U.S. is the region with the most clout...........
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #69
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I guess I am one of the many that don't get it?

Does the fact that more people could afford a BMW make you less cool, or your car less desireable? Hardly. This looks, as others have said, to be an attempted return to BMW's roots, which was a small, fast, light, and nimble car. My E92 is actually a pretty big car--I think the new 1 would be a little more on the lines of what I truly wanted. The Mini is too small, the 3 is getting awfully big--the 1 seems to be a perfect go-between, with some awesome engines to choose from. I, for one, am excited.
+1

... the badge whores need to step off (said in my best Homie-G voice). Take the 'my crap is better than yours' attitude and stick it in the can with the rest of the garbage. IMO, a BMW embodies how a car is supposed to drive, and if it were up to me, a lot more people would drive BMWs.

Mods: Blacklines | Rear Seat Power Outlets | Rear Fog Lights | Ashtray Garage Door Opener
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 09:05 PM   #70
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ages944 View Post
+1

... the badge whores need to step off (said in my best Homie-G voice). Take the 'my crap is better than yours' attitude and stick it in the can with the rest of the garbage. IMO, a BMW embodies how a car is supposed to drive, and if it were up to me, a lot more people would drive BMWs.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #71
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
Target market: People who appreciate the performance and handling aspects of a car and are turned off by how over sized and over weight the current 3 has gotten. People who don't see the point of hauling around all that extra weight and bulk just to get worse handling, worse performance and worse economy. BMW has a plethora of huge luxury boats in their current line up, yet no sports car sized cars (aside from the Zs which are highly unpractical). The 1 series will bring in a lot of buying who would have otherwise gone with another brand if BMW gets it right.
+1000000000
Appreciate 0