E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Need Advice on Traffic ticket

10-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
i8_it
Feeling Blue.
United_States
Rep
Drives: I12 i8,f10 M5,e89 IS,F1 6S35i

Garage List
2008 E93 M3  [5.36]
Need Advice on Traffic ticket

My plates and window tint ticket just came in, although the chp officer said it will be cited under my father's name (because i told him the car belongs to him), it came in under his first name and my mother's last name (apparently its registered under her name without my father's name anywhere in it.) I search online at the lasuperiorcourt.org website under traffic tickets and could not find any trace of the ticket and i also searched under all our driver license numbers and still no trace of any tickets.... what should i do?

P.S.
I paid a visit to the courthouse clerk to find out, and she said i should just fix the plates and tint and get signed off and then return to pay a 60 dollar fee at the court. even though i corrected my tints and plates, i feel i shouldn't have to pay for something that may or may not be even on file... What do you guys thnk?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

If it is a recent ticket then it probably hasn't been entered into the system yet. If you still can't find it, contact someone in the court. Also, try searching by "citation number" or whatever is equivalent in LA, maybe you can't locate it because of the name differences.
      10-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm View Post
If it is a recent ticket then it probably hasn't been entered into the system yet. If you still can't find it, contact someone in the court. Also, try searching by "citation number" or whatever is equivalent in LA, maybe you can't locate it because of the name differences.
What he said..one time my ticket wasnt processed for a long time...i checked and checked and then forgot about it..only to have the thing show up later and me hooked for "non-appearance"...yeaa la s.c.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
i8_it
Feeling Blue.
United_States
Rep
Drives: I12 i8,f10 M5,e89 IS,F1 6S35i

Garage List
2008 E93 M3  [5.36]
Lol it's been a while and has been processed due to the letter i recieved in the mail. I just don't want the clerk to reenter the ticket or anything when I can let it slide without anyone getting hurt
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
I got a tint and plate ticket a few months ago and when I didn't receive a bail notice in the mail with a couple more days before the court appearance date. So I called the clerk's office and had them look up my citation number. She said that it was not processed yet, and she told me to wait a couple weeks to see if it shows up in the mail. If not, I was told to call back. I guess it was due to back logging.

Sure enough within a couple weeks the bail notice came in the mail, so I was able to get a 1 month extension on it via online on the court website. I don't know about the court jurisdiction/area you received your ticket from, but for me I was able to look up the amount/file extension/pay for citation online at their website.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpimper4lif View Post
when I can let it slide without anyone getting hurt
I'm sure they'll get the records up to date just before they issue the warrant. Good luck with that plan.