E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > If you like music...

View Poll Results: Do you support the music industry (pay vs. pirate)
I buy all my music 15 39.47%
I find "other ways" to obtain my music 23 60.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

12-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #23
Trijicon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

The future is definitely streaming music to your players. Owning will no longer be the case. Pandora and Spotify is leading the way. Pretty soon all your iTunes music will just be streaming to your devices.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #24
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
You need to have a "Both" option.
agreed, not going to bother voting because of this discrepancy. Don't want to scew votes one way or the other as a result.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #25
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #26
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trijicon View Post
The future is definitely streaming music to your players. Owning will no longer be the case. Pandora and Spotify is leading the way. Pretty soon all your iTunes music will just be streaming to your devices.
this is 100% true, the number of people I know who just go online to a music site or Itunes and just play other peoples playlists would surprise you.

I personally don't do this, I can't stand randomized music genres. If i want rock and roll, I don't want to listen to 1 rock and roll song fallowed by classical before getting to the next rock and roll song.

But it does seem to be the future for less tech savvy individuals.

and to argue against my other comment, it's a great way to learn more music.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #27
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
this is 100% true, the number of people I know who just go online to a music site or Itunes and just play other peoples playlists would surprise you.

I personally don't do this, I can't stand randomized music genres. If i want rock and roll, I don't want to listen to 1 rock and roll song fallowed by classical before getting to the next rock and roll song.

But it does seem to be the future for less tech savvy individuals.

and to argue against my other comment, it's a great way to learn more music.
I don't think you are that familiar with the "smart playlist" technology used in better streaming site like Spotify, Pandora, etc. After a few searches and identifying "likes" and "unlikes" in song choices they send you at the start, these services pinpoint your musical taste with such an accuracy which is scary! ...No chance of hearing a classic tune after a Rock song after a short while you start using their service. I promise ...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #28
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
I don't think you are that familiar with the "smart playlist" technology used in better streaming site like Spotify, Pandora, etc. After a few searches and identifying "likes" and "unlikes" in song choices they send you at the start, these services pinpoint your musical taste with such an accuracy which is scary! ...No chance of hearing a classic tune after a Rock song after a short while you start using their service. I promise ...
I have not heard of this, but as i like many genres of music, this wouldn't really work for me.

I like one genre at a time, but I like just about all types of music.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #29
len56
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trijicon View Post
no thanks, I want to be able to listen to my music whether or not I have good signal.

i also like full control over my library