E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone know how to get Lotus Notes to sync to a Palm on Mac OS X?

05-18-2006, 02:00 AM   #1
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Anyone know how to get Lotus Notes to sync to a Palm on Mac OS X?

I have been researching this all day, and so far it looks like I will have to run Lotus Notes and the Palm Sync software on an XP partition Not happy about this because I am trying to go completely Mac at work...

I found some software called LipService which claims to be great, but reviews on the web told me to keep away - no support, and very buggy, so that won't be an option.

So, if anyone has any experience with this, I would be grateful.
      05-18-2006, 02:42 AM   #2
ajji
France
Rep
Drives: Saphirschwarz 320d

Hello,

Do you think the software and setup of lotus notes are completly different between mac and windows regarding the palm sync? If not then I could check with some colleagues who knows how to do that for windows systems. (I did not spend the time to do this setup myself my laptop it was the default company setting )

If Mac and Windows work really differrently when it comes for Lotus notes to sync a Palm then I can't help you. I am not a mac user...
      05-25-2006, 02:04 AM   #3
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajji
Hello,

Do you think the software and setup of lotus notes are completly different between mac and windows regarding the palm sync? If not then I could check with some colleagues who knows how to do that for windows systems. (I did not spend the time to do this setup myself my laptop it was the default company setting )

If Mac and Windows work really differrently when it comes for Lotus notes to sync a Palm then I can't help you. I am not a mac user...
Yes, Notes needs some third party software to synch to a palm unfortunately, and I have been using Intellisync on my PC, but there seems to be no Mac vesion of it, and no mac version of any other software for that matter (except for one product that the reviews I have read all say is dodgy)

Thanks for responding though. I have given up on the idea for the moment, and installed Parallels on my Intel Mac which allows me to run a virtual machine and therefore load XP, I am going to run Notes and Intellisync under that, and use the Mac for everything else.

Not a bad outcome really, Windows really flies on the new Intel Macs.

Cheers

Jamie