E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Niner football!!!

01-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #507
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

I'm a Niner Fan, not whining or complaining here. Great game from both teams yesterday. Niners obviously made some mistakes and thats something they will have to deal with in the off season. Seahawks earned the win no doubt. Kaep just forced the ball too many times and Seahawks ended up on the better side of that one.

Good luck in the superbowl and see you again in the 2014 season and hopefully championship game once again.
      01-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #508
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
I'm a Niner Fan, not whining or complaining here. Great game from both teams yesterday. Niners obviously made some mistakes and thats something they will have to deal with in the off season. Seahawks earned the win no doubt. Kaep just forced the ball too many times and Seahawks ended up on the better side of that one.

Good luck in the superbowl and see you again in the 2014 season and hopefully championship game once again.
I see a repeat again next year being a real possiblility.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #509
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Please try and defend this behavior while you call kaepernick a vagina for simply saying it's a little louder playing in seattle

Stay classy sherman, but that's ok cuz seahawks "fans" won't consider you a vag for doing that

Sherman has a career waiting for him in the WWE when he's done with football. He can't wait to sees Crabtree at the next Wrestlemania.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #510
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
ill admit i lost my cool yesterday.

After the bowman play i was in complete shock. Hes my favorite player on defense and to see him go down with a devastating injury like that really shook me. I have no problem watching gruesome knee and leg injuries on other athletes but for some reason i couldn't watch bowman getting hit.

After that play I honestly stopped caring about the outcome of the game. Bowman is the best linebacker in the league and he ALWAYS makes plays. I was devastated that we lost a player like that. And after hearing some hawks fans throwing trash and food at him while being carted off i just took out all my frustration on you guys.

Im not gonna take anything back on what i said about Sherman. Once a douche, always a douche.

I still think Manning and the broncos have your number purely based on their offense and the lack of offense you guys are producing. It would have been hard for the niners to beat the broncos either.
Cool
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #511
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Anybody want to talk about that elbow to Jeremy Lanes head thrown by someone on the SF sidelines when he was forced out of bounds?

http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/19/jeremy-...ancisco-49ers/
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 04:29 PM   #512
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

If it was intentional, then it was a cheap shot. If he put his arm up to protect himself, well then it wasn't cheap. hard to tell if it was intentional or not. That guy was well behind the sideline.

Last edited by tbone28; 01-20-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #513
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
If it was intentional, then it was a cheap shot. If he put his arm up to protect himself, well then it wasn't cheap. hard to tell if it was intentional or not. That guy was well behind the sideline.
Well behind the sideline yes, but everybody who isn't part of the officiating crew is supposed to be behind that yellow line. He very obviously wasn't.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #514
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Please try and defend this behavior while you call kaepernick a vagina for simply saying it's a little louder playing in seattle
While I don't give shit about the game, this was brought on by other events: http://deadspin.com/crabtree-reporte...t-a-1505040070

If what supposedly happened in that article actually happened, I can't really blame the guy for a heat of the moment kind of thing like what happened. Was it really appropriate, no, but I have been in high emotion situations before and things get said that may not always be the "correct" way go.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #515
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

You didn't get the point of my post. That member picks and chooses who he wants to bash. My point is only to bash any and all involved, whether those people are from your team or another's team.

I am not justifying what crabtree did at the off-site event. I'm just saying practice what you preach. If you want to bash, bash everyone who deserves to be bashed. But don't bash some while defending actions of others

And in regards to Sherman reacting to whatever Crabtree did to him, there IS a way to get things accomplished in life without making yourself look like an ass in public.

And in regards to being behind the yellow line, what's your estimate on how many people in the entire league stay behind that yellow line? My point about him being behind the sideline is it's not like he was on the sideline or in the field of play like a certain head coach, where it would be much easier to claim intent. As I stated in my post, if it were intentional then it was a cheap shot, but no one knows the intent until the NFL investigates it.

Last edited by tbone28; 01-20-2014 at 05:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #516
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Right, mission was already accomplished, didn't need to say or do anything.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #517
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

If he wanted to do or say something and not care about his public image, then he accomplished that quite well. If he wanted payback but did care about his image, then he should have handled it in a different way on the field or handle it off the field when 55 million people aren't watching your actions. It's ironic he graduated with a communications degree, isn't it?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #518
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

The guy clearly 'Puffs up' after he levels a cheap shop.

"Fans" reaction to Bowman should be changed to "Fan", singular. That's one drunk, Dumb shits, popcorn that he chose to dump. If it were various forms of things all landing simultaneously that would indicate multiple people. Either way, someone should take a pipe to the knee of the guy that did it.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #519
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

Again, if it was intentional, then it was a cheap shot. But you won't see me defending his actions just because he's a niner. All I'm saying is don't convict anyone until the facts are out.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #520
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis View Post
Like him or not, this is absolutely not going to happen, and you sound pretty silly making that claim. Sherman will shutdown whoever plays the right side of that field, and Manning will have 2/3 of a field to play with, just as every other QB who faced Seattle did this year. He better hope Maxwell fucks up, because it's going to be a long day if Seattle's secondary gets in ol' Manning's dome. If Seattle's front 6 gets pressure on him?

Oh, and Denver's defense is about on-par with Saint Louis's (the worst in the NFC West), which will be refreshing for Seattle's offense. Wilson's had some struggles lately, but he's been through a who's-who of Defenses since early December. Denver better not come into this game cocky, that's all I'm going to say.
luck torched sherman twice with ty hilton. Denvers defense just held tom brady and the patriots to 10 points...i dont understand how you can claim its guaranteed your defense will dominate. Peyton hasnt even been sacked in 2 games. denver has too many weapons on offense for you guys to cover. Welker demarius julius decker and moreno all have to be locked down in order to win. It wont happen

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #521
rennis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4

TyH had one touchdown when Sherman had coverage responsbilities - I'll grant you that he or Chancellor made a mistake. Otherwise he played him fine, despite the PI call.

I'd be saying the same thing if it was SF playing DEN in the SuperBowl. Manning isn't used to seeing Secondaries this good, and Seattle's is The. Best. One.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #522
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
luck torched sherman twice with ty hilton. Denvers defense just held tom brady and the patriots to 10 points...i dont understand how you can claim its guaranteed your defense will dominate. Peyton hasnt even been sacked in 2 games. denver has too many weapons on offense for you guys to cover. Welker demarius julius decker and moreno all have to be locked down in order to win. It wont happen

they will be a handful, that's for sure. but we will be as well, on offense. We are now full strength with percy harvin back. Percy, Kearse, big play doug baldwin, and tate. And denver's defense is porous... And add wilson to the fire, because denver hasn't seen a qb like him, kapernick, or cam all season.

And do i even have to mention Lynch? I'm telling you, if we stuff the run, and peyton has to throw the ball 40+ times, i think they will lose..nobody wants to throw the ball that much against such an opportunistic defense.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #523
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
It's ironic he graduated with a communications degree, isn't it?
Nearly all of them graduate with a communications degree... It's the athlete's fastrack degree.
      01-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #524
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Kap = Choke artist

Yes I'm a 49ers fan, but Kap had a horrible game on Sunday. Instead of doing Beats and Burger King commercials, he needs to spend more time practicing how to be cool in pressure situations instead of just flinging the ball downfield and hoping for a prayer.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #525
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Kap = Choke artist

Yes I'm a 49ers fan, but Kap had a horrible game on Sunday. Instead of doing Beats and Burger King commercials, he needs to spend more time practicing how to be cool in pressure situations instead of just flinging the ball downfield and hoping for a prayer.
He could at least pick some better headphones...

01-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #526
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
He could at least pick some better headphones...

The guy has so much physical ability, but he doesn't have the brain yet to take the 49ers to the top. He's had 2 tries in 2 years. If he doesn't improve his decision making, he's going to be the next Jim Kelly.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #527
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Kaeps running is what scares me the most. Once he get's in the open he covers so many yards per stride it's freaky! Props to Chancellor for running him down from behind and to the D in general for adjusting for him in the 2nd half.

He does have an incredible arm, strongest in the NFL in my opinion, however i also think it get's him in trouble. He thinks he can zing it in there against anyone and in many cases he can. BUT this is for the super bowl, you just got a 1st down on the 20, with 3 timeouts, why the hell would you try the best corner in the NFL on your first throw?! That makes ZERO sense.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #528
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

Agreed on the timeout. Should have called one. Kaep has the physical tools. He needs to work on his pocket presence and reading progressions. He needs to trust his protection more. Maybe (hopefully is more like it) montana can work with him on that
Appreciate 0