E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > young people affording E90s

View Poll Results: how were you able to pay for your E90?
my parents bought it for me 55 22.92%
I bought it but live at home/rent free 60 25.00%
I have a job and can afford both my car and living expenses 125 52.08%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

09-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #89
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

so what do you consider young? Coz nowaday, ppl aways refer to themself as 25 years young, or 30 years young, or 35 years young, or 40 years young (if you get my drift ). We are all young at hearts when we are in ur bmw but technically, I think I out qualified for this poll.
      09-24-2007, 03:28 PM   #90
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom330 View Post
my point is just that if you have the cash to buy yourself a BMW, why in the heck are you living with your parents? That's not smart, building equity in a home or investing the money is smart. Not flaming, to each their own, just makes me curious the rationale people use.
I just dont see myself owning a house when I am 20.. For some reason I think that if I buy my m3, I wont have to worry about a car for several years. Then I will be able to save up for a house the final 2 years I am with my parents. 60-70k also doesn't seem like it is enough for a house, maybe a very small 1 story. Why would you buy a house anyway when you are still in college?? I think it is much more logical to save up the money, and then after you graduate you can start looking for a job, and decide what part of the country you want to live in. (If you even still want to live in this country.. My plans are to move to Iceland when I graduate.)

I'm also not in that big of a hurry to leave home, because when I'm gone I will hardly ever get to see my parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
so what do you consider young? Coz nowaday, ppl aways refer to themself as 25 years young, or 30 years young, or 35 years young, or 40 years young (if you get my drift ). We are all young at hearts when we are in ur bmw but technically, I think I out qualified for this poll.
I consider 18-22 to be young, at around 28 you start to get old.
I guess whenever I'm 28 I will consider myself young though, because I will realize how many more years I have to live.

-Nathan
      09-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #91
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

22 got my own apt, e350 and 335. Buy a house after I graduate from college...which is in a few months.

Nope mom and dad did not help
      09-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #92
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

I'm 26, have my own business, im a millionaire, my shit smell like roses...

I take what people say on the internet with a grain of salt...no offense to people in this thread...this is the internet, and we're all liars...come on now...LOL

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #93
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
I'm 26, have my own business, im a millionaire, my shit smell like roses...

I take what people say on the internet with a grain of salt...no offense to people in this thread...this is the internet, and we're all liars...come on now...LOL
Not all of us are liars, and I'm sure that if someone were to lie it would only be about something small. You also have to consider that some people might just be a part of the lucky few who make it big at a young age.

I remember going to a seminar on trading stocks in downtown and having some older woman(in the age range of 40-50) ask me while I was eating what my goal was for the amount of money I was going to make in the next year. (Keep in mind that this lady is in fact a successful trader, who is very wealthy.)
I replied with an area around $5,000, because my investment account at the time only had a few thousand in it. She then replied with "Why such a small amount?? I don't see why you shouldn't be able to make around $100,000.. why not even more than that??". I guess I realized then that the key to success, is to always be optimistic.
I'm sure that it is pretty easy for someone of a young age to find a way to come up with thousands of dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
22 got my own apt, e350 and 335. Buy a house after I graduate from college...which is in a few months.

Nope mom and dad did not help
Kind of hard to believe that this person is working, going to school, coming up with enough for an apartment and two cars, and is also going to be able to afford his own house after college though.

-Nathan
      09-24-2007, 04:25 PM   #94
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

I busted my ass since I was 18 to get the wage I get now. Let me put it this way I make more than some college graduates, which isnt saying much but still. You don't have to believe me at all, this is the internet afterall and I won't be offended.

I'm only going to college for the degree not for the career oppurtunities.
      09-24-2007, 04:33 PM   #95
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Am a 25 year old CPA making 7 figures hahaha no more like 5 :mad:
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 04:36 PM   #96
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I busted my ass since I was 18 to get the wage I get now. Let me put it this way I make more than some college graduates, which isnt saying much but still. You don't have to believe me at all, this is the internet afterall and I won't be offended.

I'm only going to college for the degree not for the career oppurtunities.
What do you do for a living, and how did you get started??
I'm not saying that I don't believe you, it's just hard to believe that someone could be that well off at that age.

-Nathan
      09-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #97
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

parents bought it for me ..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #98
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328I Sedan

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
I say if the parents are going to buy it to each there own, I just ask that the kids that get them paid for respect them, and don't act like asses in them as well as don't act like your a baller when Daddy is paying.

I wish my parents were able to buy me one but I can't dog someone just cause they are young and driving a bimmer. Hell I leased mine does that make me any less then a person who bought it out right no.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #99
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
What do you do for a living, and how did you get started??
I'm not saying that I don't believe you, it's just hard to believe that someone could be that well off at that age.

-Nathan
Started washing cars at a benz dealer and work my way up the ladder there...then after some experience other dealers were willing to pay higher and higher...im now in administration for a dealer.
      09-24-2007, 06:14 PM   #100
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Started washing cars at a benz dealer and work my way up the ladder there...then after some experience other dealers were willing to pay higher and higher...im now in administration for a dealer.
Very nice.. Wish I lived near a high end dealership such as Mercedes, BMW, etc.. I would have been there in a heartbeat applying.

-Nathan
      09-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #101
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

I wanted to finance a e46 M3 when i was 17, have my parents pay
for insurance. but they didnt like the idea that it was a used car.
so we went to bmw and ordered a e90 european delivery. paid for
everything. and told me to just save my money and pay for gas.
im 18 this year.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 07:39 AM   #102
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Very nice.. Wish I lived near a high end dealership such as Mercedes, BMW, etc.. I would have been there in a heartbeat applying.

-Nathan
bmw steallerships are all over Htown-shouthwest, north, southeast, downtown, katy, and the woodlands have one too, what is your excuse

There is really no shame in how you get started, everyone has to start somewhere. I rather see ppl bust their butt then live on welfare/steal and being lazy (which does nothing good for our well being, community, and economy)
      09-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #103
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
bmw steallerships are all over Htown-shouthwest, north, southeast, downtown, katy, and the woodlands have one too, what is your excuse

There is really no shame in how you get started, everyone has to start somewhere. I rather see ppl bust their butt then live on welfare/steal and being lazy (which does nothing good for our well being, community, and economy)
I live in th south, south. :/
La Porte, near Deer Park.
The large communitys of rich people live in the northern part of Houston, so there would be no sense in building a dealership down here.
I think I might go apply at a personally owned dealership down the street though, that has a bunch of bmw's, mercedes, and etc.

-Nathan
      09-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #104
txusa03
Major General
Rep

La Porte (East of Pasadena) is probably 15 miles from Advantage BMW of League City. Not a bad drive to work. Gl with your job search.
      09-25-2007, 04:04 PM   #105
WenHan
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My BOSS FATHER!!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 04:40 PM   #106
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Leased it myself. Paying for the car and insurance myself. Living with parents.
      09-25-2007, 06:24 PM   #107
darshed
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 335xi coupe

Im 22 and financed my self, put down 10 k down payment, but ive been investing in the stock market since 5th grade ( started out with bonds etc. given to me at birth)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 08:09 PM   #108
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
La Porte (East of Pasadena) is probably 15 miles from Advantage BMW of League City. Not a bad drive to work. Gl with your job search.
23 Miles :/
Too far for me to drive to and from work every day..

-Nathan
      09-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #109
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

Im 25 and jumped on the employee program...felt like a good idea at the time because BMW wasn't paying me shit and I wanted to leave (and paying n00b techs who joined after me more money), and my current car at the time started rusting really bad and getting some really bad cracks in the frame due to all the road racing and stiff suspension I had done with it.

Leased it right now, but I figure in 2 years I will most likely buy it out....and from there trade it in for a 135 or sell it off and start off with a beater again...have to look at the bigger things in life, like getting my own place to live

I've been a mechanic since as long as I can remember, prolly 17 or so. Made my way up through the ranks from one shop to the next, and I currently work for a shop that specializes in Porsche and race car fabrication....its hard work, but I love every minute of it (well..most of the time). Currently working my ass off to pay off every last bit of debt I have (just finished off the plastic, now working on 7 grand worth of college loans...that was down from 32k just 5 years ago). Once that is gone (shooting for winter-early spring finish), time to save up for a place to live, or invest a little in the market...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #110
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

I still live with my parents, and I pay a small amount of money for rent. The only reason I have this car is because of the employee lease. I pay for the car and the insurance myself. In fact, I have paid for most things since I was 17, except where I live.